NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

Joe Odam

5 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

12 touches for Damien, 2 for McCoy. Damien played a ton more snaps as well. Sure is quiet in here without the McCoy believers proclaiming him the starter who's going to steal away the touches while Damien rides the bench...

Yeah, Damien sure looks like he’s got the backfield locked up after that stellar performance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Utter domination on both sides of the line-  especially once Wylie got stepped on.    Add in Mahomes sprained ankle-  and that’s that. 

You’ve got to take your hat off to Indy for having a great game plan and executing, despite the injuries in the secondary.   

KC is in a world of hurt if they can’t figure out the OL and interior DL

• Haha 1

Nobody has the backfield.  Nobody.  McCoy got benched, so we know he's not a bellcow.  That's not how you treat a surefire #1 starter.  Damien doesn't have it locked up either because he sucks at running the ball.

I think everyone's worst fears were realized last night.  A complete muddled backfield.  I own both McCoy and Damien and have no idea what to do now.

Edited by Brownsfan74
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Nobody has the backfield.  Nobody.  McCoy got benched, so we know he's not a bellcow.  That's not how you treat a surefire #1 starter.  Damien doesn't have it locked up either because he sucks at running the ball.

I think everyone's worst fears were realized last night.  A complete muddled backfield.  I own both McCoy and Damien and have no idea what to do now.

Bingo.    We spent weeks arguing it and the answer is:    ALL USELESS

• Haha 2

On 10/3/2019 at 5:47 PM, jonasdash said:

Okay. 

Damien is fully healthy. 
Shady is fully healthy. 
Darrell is fully healthy. 
Shady has had over a month to learn the playbook. 
No more excuses or outlier circumstances for any of these guys.

This weeks usage should be indicative of what we can expect going forward for this backfield. 

Week 5 RB snaps:

Damien Williams - 56%

LeSean McCoy - 22%

Darrel Williams - 22%

Opportunities (carries + targets):

Damien Williams - 13

LeSean McCoy - 2

Darrel Williams - 0  

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It wasn't pretty, but that's what the facts are for usage.

15 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

“I did a little bit of that when I was in Philadelphia, a kind of running back-by-committee deal and we had some success with it.” Reid said during an interview with SiriusXM NFL Radio. “We’ll do that here (in Kansas City).

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/8/9/20798069/andy-reid-confirms-chiefs-will-be-implementing-running-back-by-committee

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

^^^^ somebody mad DWilli is relevant again?

Williams first game back 12 touches. 

I don’t think those 12 carries is such a big deal. The Chiefs have other issues they need to figure out before they delve into the running back position. McCoy & Damien will be fine working as a team, not one will take over. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

2nd game back from injury this coming week. Should be more comfortable and 12 touches last night is encouraging.

His incorporation on the first drive was nice, the TD pass was a tough catch that brushed off his fingers. Looking good going forward.

don't tell mccoy/darrel owners that. they think it was an egregious drop that any competent back would catch

Edited by FritzLn

6 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

don't tell mccoy/darrel owners that. they think it was an egregious drop that any competent back would catch

It was a bad drop on a perfect pass.  Congratulations on your 12 touch performance and backfield domination on the Chiefs lowest scoring game of the Mahomes era.  I'm sure that productivity will re-establish his fantasy land role as a bell cow running back.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

19 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

It was a bad drop on a perfect pass.  Congratulations on your 12 touch performance and backfield domination on the Chiefs lowest scoring game of the Mahomes era.  I'm sure that productivity will re-establish his fantasy land role as a bell cow running back.  

No kidding .. I can’t for the life of me understand why anyone would be so damn excited on anything that any KC Chief did last night. It makes no sense. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Lmao your senses are strong

6 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

No kidding .. I can’t for the life of me understand why anyone would be so damn excited on anything that any KC Chief did last night. It makes no sense. 

Well, if I only owned Damien, I would be encouraged by last night.  I mean...going into the game, there was a distinct possibility that Damien's lost time and Darrel's emergence may have relegated him to spot duty.  He was clearly on the field the most and he is very relevant.  That's probably the source of their excitement, even if Damien didn't look good at all last night.

Edited by Brownsfan74

6 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Well, if I only owned Damien, I would be encouraged by last night.  I mean...going into the game, there was a distinct possibility that Damien's lost time and Darrel's emergence may have relegated him to spot duty.  He was clearly on the field the most and he is very relevant.  That's probably the source of their excitement, even if Damien didn't look good at all last night.

the entire backfield looks like trash and both barely saw any usage. Damiens rushing still looks poor and once Hill returns that's less targets. Andy Reid is killing both damien and shady's value. I want out of this backfield. Nobody should be happy with what they saw last night

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Sour 🍇's?

Maholmes had Damien Williams wide open for a walk in TD that he ended up misfiring because he double pumped it but Williams was heavily involved. Especially in the RZ.

• Like 1

9 carries 23 yards last night 3 catches 15 yards--- 31 carries for 57 yards on the season 1.8 YPC, High end RB2 going forward without a doubt I'm not sure this can be disputed at all [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Haha 5

Nobody knows anything at this point.  Really.  We can all argue but the backfield is impossible to predict for next week.

In one corner, we have McCoy who wasn't even given a carry but was their best rusher prior to the game.

In the other, we have Damien, who got most of the work last night and did squat with it.

As I said earlier, it would be easier if Williams took those 9 carries and got like 40+ yards with it.  Then I'd say he's the front runner for next week.

That didn't happen.  He looked terrible.  On the other hand, McCoy vanished.  That's terrible in a different sense.

We are currently in limbo here, and those of you who are like me and own both McCoy and Damien...we are screwed for week 6.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Nobody knows anything at this point.  Really.  We can all argue but the backfield is impossible to predict for next week.

In one corner, we have McCoy who wasn't even given a carry but was their best rusher prior to the game.

In the other, we have Damien, who got most of the work last night and did squat with it.

As I said earlier, it would be easier if Williams took those 9 carries and got like 40+ yards with it.  Then I'd say he's the front runner for next week.

That didn't happen.  He looked terrible.  On the other hand, McCoy vanished.  That's terrible in a different sense.

We are currently in limbo here, and those of you who are like me and own both McCoy and Damien...we are screwed for week 6.

This might have been a planned light work game for Shady to get right.    That’s my hope at least.  wasn’t really an option until Damien was back.    Can’t say I’m going to start either next week unless really desperate