NBC Sports Edge Forums

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

That 5.1 average in the regular season was only based on 50 carries though. I think his true average is in line with his career of 3.7 yards per carry, which is still really low for a lead back.

Probably more around 4.0 since the 3.7 is from being on bad Miami teams. 

Yes, Damien Williams was the third stringer last year. Darrell and former fantasy darling are behind him nonetheless this year. What does that say about them? 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's ironic that after months of discussing, debating McCoy, Dam. Williams, Dar. Williams, and Thompson that the most valuable Chiefs RB turned out to be Hyde.

If McCoy comes to chiefs and pushes Williams out, I am not drafting next year until about 20 minutes before the season begins 

Posted Images

He's startable for 4-7 points with the upside of a TD giving him a ceiling of 11-13 points. Shady would be about the same IMO. The KC backfield is not the place to look for a RB#1. But, a "cross your fingers" RB2 start or reasonable flex play makes some sense. Here is my prediction: The fat man does not want to break his fav RB with memories of the past glory days, so DW will be the lead back going forward. What he does with that we will see. That said, they play the Texans this week who you can run on. So, I would start DW with the above expectations. BTW, I'm still trying to figure out what happened last week ... they lost to the Colts, and the main WR was Pringle --  a nice salted snack in a round tube as far as any of us knew ... fraking go figure if you started any other KC WRs.

• Haha 2

If there was ever a week for Damien to really get going it has to be against the Texans who have allowed the most receptions to RB's and second in yardage against. I'm going to roll the dice in my flex spot this week in .5 PPR or else when can you ever start him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

If there was ever a week for Damien to really get going it has to be against the Texans who have allowed the most receptions to RB's and second in yardage against. I'm going to roll the dice in my flex spot this week in .5 PPR or else when can you ever start him. 

Yeah, I'm seeing a good game for him this week. 15-20 in ppr.

6 hours ago, brosephd said:

it's hard for me to part with damien, will have huge regrets if he becomes rb1/2 end of year. however, it's a headache enough watching the chiefs and not being able to tell if its #25 or #26 in the backfield. 

OMG this is so true.  When they line up, I'm always trying to see if it's a 5 or a 6 on the jersey.

1 hour ago, Brownsfan74 said:

OMG this is so true.  When they line up, I'm always trying to see if it's a 5 or a 6 on the jersey.

McCoy usually has his hands on his knees Inna slightly upward slant, almost like he is standing, Williams is bent at the hips over a little more, it give the appearance shady is taller and Williams is shorter. That's how I tell them apart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

McCoy usually has his hands on his knees Inna slightly upward slant, almost like he is standing, Williams is bent at the hips over a little more, it give the appearance shady is taller and Williams is shorter. That's how I tell them apart.

Same here haha.   U can tell from the stances.   Shady looks taller and more straight up.   

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Thanks man, I'll look out for that.

35 minutes ago, wonderbread said:

Shady is also the one that waves the ball around in one hand like it's a red solo cup at a college kegger.

Yeah you can instantly tell who it is because McCoy holds the ball like a baguette. I have no idea how he doesn't have fumbling issues, I guess he's just really good at tucking it in before contact. 

He’s been doing it forever but I bet coaches still cringe a lil bit on the inside when they see him in action lol

Edited by yahyahtrick
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I believe McCoy is the the smallest looking one too.  Damien and Darrel appear bigger on screen than I imagined.