NBC Sports Edge Forums

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

I have a feeling that those who were unabashedly touting Williams as a can't miss RB1 over the summer will end up trying to blame Mahomes absence for Williams abysmal season, so let's take a look where he stands at the start of the Mahomes injury.

Standard: RB49

Half PPR: RB46

PPR: RB42

I knew this was going to be the most entertaining thread to go back and read during the season, but it's even better than I expected. Everything from July-August is pure gold. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's ironic that after months of discussing, debating McCoy, Dam. Williams, Dar. Williams, and Thompson that the most valuable Chiefs RB turned out to be Hyde.

If McCoy comes to chiefs and pushes Williams out, I am not drafting next year until about 20 minutes before the season begins 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I wouldnt drop him yet.  Hes a decent cuff and lotto ticket if McCoy gets hurt.  That's all he is though.  As many of us predicted.

I think it gets murky if McCoy goes down. We'd likely be looking at a fantasy-unfriendly committee. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I wouldnt drop him yet.  Hes a decent cuff and lotto ticket if McCoy gets hurt.  That's all he is though.  As many of us predicted.

I don't know who you are talking about. I think this whole thing was just a bad dream. McCoy's cuff is Sproles, right? Go Eagles!

• Haha 1

I think it's important to avoid PTSD so I have the real history of what happened. I was at camp FF post-draft WTF several weeks ago and the story goes like this. In the before time when all was unknown a Fat Man who looked like a Walrus wearing red left the village and walked to a lake's edge. There, he raised both arms to the sky and proclaimed he was summoning the prodigal son to deliver us to victory. In his left hand he held 2 fingers up, in his right hand he held 6 fingers up (whatever, he's got extra fingers). From the lake a person emerged, wearing red and the prodigal sign of "26." All were amazed and followed 26 and believed in him. Then, some of the followers were skeptical and watched the lake for weeks. One dark night, the Fat Man who looks like a Walrus returned to the lake and raised both arms again to the sky. He whispered something and in his left hand he again held 2 fingers up, and in his right he held 5 up. Through the mist on the lake a figure emerged. He was wearing green, then white, and then turned red. Some followers saw deception and remained on the quest with 26, others proclaimed that the real prodigal son was wearing the true sign of 25. Rumors of a rebirth of 26 still circulate, but the sages only see 25.

That's the true story and good FF advice.

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Blazer said:

I think it's important to avoid PTSD so I have the real history of what happened. I was at camp FF post-draft WTF several weeks ago and the story goes like this. In the before time when all was unknown a Fat Man who looked like a Walrus wearing red left the village and walked to a lake's edge. There, he raised both arms to the sky and proclaimed he was summoning the prodigal son to deliver us to victory. In his left hand he held 2 fingers up, in his right hand he held 6 fingers up (whatever, he's got extra fingers). From the lake a person emerged, wearing red and the prodigal sign of "26." All were amazed and followed 26 and believed in him. Then, some of the followers were skeptical and watched the lake for weeks. One dark night, the Fat Man who looks like a Walrus returned to the lake and raised both arms again to the sky. He whispered something and in his left hand he again held 2 fingers up, and in his right he held 5 up. Through the mist on the lake a figure emerged. He was wearing green, then white, and then turned red. Some followers saw deception and remained on the quest with 26, others proclaimed that the real prodigal son was wearing the true sign of 25. Rumors of a rebirth of 26 still circulate, but the sages only see 25.

That's the true story and good FF advice.

Oh wow help wanted 

• Like 1

I don't know what it is about this thread but people find some kind of joy seeing players under perform who they don't have. It's almost obsessive here. I had Damien in 3 leagues. Cut him in my short bench standard league and didnt think much about it. My other two I dont need him but hey its ppr so I still have him. He wasnt a big part of my plans but if he hit big, he hit big. Oh well.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

Were you in this thread at all over the summer? The pro-Williams crowd was over the top aggressive, pretentious, and condescending. Anybody suggesting that DW might not be a sure bet RB1 was attacked.

Not sure what it was about Williams that made this the nastiest thread of the summer but many of us were fairly certain that he was and is a JAG, so it’s comical to look back on that behavior now. 

Do I find “some kind of joy” in it? Yeah. It’s funny. 

I hear you man. I just let people think what they want so I can grab the guys I really want😏 . I dont know why people go so hard to defend players they have. 

18 minutes ago, GarrettHasTheClap said:

I don't know what it is about this thread but people find some kind of joy seeing players under perform who they don't have. It's almost obsessive here. I had Damien in 3 leagues. Cut him in my short bench standard league and didnt think much about it. My other two I dont need him but hey its ppr so I still have him. He wasnt a big part of my plans but if he hit big, he hit big. Oh well.

Id also recommend taking a stroll through the early pages. There were some crazy pro damien posts...

24 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Id also recommend taking a stroll through the early pages. There were some crazy pro damien posts...

Yeah I made it to page 9. Hindsight is 20 20 but man they would have got laughed out of our drafts taking him with the 1st rd pick. We got a kick out of a guy who took Baker with his 1st in our draft lol

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, lolcopter said:

*Joe Mixon enters the chat*

I'd say damien was worse for all the hype he had and seems to have less to show for it than mixon. The early pages of this thread along with damien being a jag most of his career make him the biggest. Mixon can be number 2 

I’m cutting bait and letting this bum go. 
I had high hopes for him for about 3 hours. 
I literally picked him around 8pm and news broke that they signed mccoy around 11pm  the same night. 
As we know fantasy football isn’t always about talent but sometimes it’s about opportunity. That’s what made DWill so intriguing to me. I never thought he was a great running back but an RB sitting atop the depth chart of an explosive offense got my attention. 
even if McCoy goes down I see Darrell Williams sliding into the lead back role or at best a 50/50 timeshare. With Mahomes out the chiefs may lean on the run a little more but Damien is averaging 1.7 YPC. 
it’s been fun guys! 
SEACREST OUT!!

13 hours ago, GarrettHasTheClap said:

I hear you.  Some people will inevitably claim that they were victimized by posters that disagreed with their point of view.  I guess that’s just the nature of the RW forums these days, though.

12 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

Oh hey guys,

it’s me, the thread starter. 

I’m a complete idiot. 

take care now

Now hold on, let's not jump to any conclusions.  Let's talk it out and debate the merits of each and every argument.  I think, down the road, we would all regret hastily coming to a decision on this matter.

It was pretty concerning that he didn't even get a single touch last night until after McCoy fumbled in the second half. I already was giving up on Damien, but at least thought he could be a low end flex on some bye weeks to the rest of my team. I wonder if the fumble from McCoy opens the door though for Damien to carve out a little more opportunity next week? He ran hard and scored a TD when given the chance last night after McCoy got benched. This next week might be the last possible chance for Damien to fight for any sort of role in this backfield...

19 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

It was pretty concerning that he didn't even get a single touch last night until after McCoy fumbled in the second half. I already was giving up on Damien, but at least thought he could be a low end flex on some bye weeks to the rest of my team. I wonder if the fumble from McCoy opens the door though for Damien to carve out a little more opportunity next week? He ran hard and scored a TD when given the chance last night after McCoy got benched. This next week might be the last possible chance for Damien to fight for any sort of role in this backfield...

It most likely will mean absolutely nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1