NBC Sports Edge Forums

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's ironic that after months of discussing, debating McCoy, Dam. Williams, Dar. Williams, and Thompson that the most valuable Chiefs RB turned out to be Hyde.

If McCoy comes to chiefs and pushes Williams out, I am not drafting next year until about 20 minutes before the season begins 

Posted Images

8 hours ago, maxim730 said:

McCoy inactive today 

wowwwwwwew

Annnnnd...disappointment. Even with McCoy completely out of the picture you get a pedestrian performance. But I bet next week the stars align and he puts up elite numbers.

I bet next week...I bet next week... next week... nex week... nex weak... nexweek... nexweak... nexek... neek... neak... weak!

spacer.png

• Haha 5
8 minutes ago, RandyShackleford said:

Annnnnd...disappointment. Even with McCoy completely out of the picture you get a pedestrian performance. But I bet next week the stars align and he puts up elite numbers.

I bet next week...I bet next week... next week... nex week... nex weak... nexweek... nexweak... nexek... neek... neak... weak!

spacer.png

He got me 13.9 in my flex.  I'll personally take that all day.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, RandyShackleford said:

spacer.png

Huh? I'll take that every day of the week out of my flex.

• Like 2

If he didn't fumble, there would be clarity. Now, he remains a risky flex play. Will closely watch McCoy's status. If he's active it spells trouble. And even if he's inactive, there could still be trouble.

But, as always, the upside is tantalizing... 

Ugh.

As an owner of McCoy and Damien, I'm just gonna say that this is the most frustrating situation ever.

I was all ready to put Damien in my lineup ROS after his start yesterday and McCoy's benching, but now I don't know.  I mean....if McCoy were active, who's to say Damien wouldn't have been pulled after his fumble?  I wish McCoy were active because we would know. 

Now, the range of possibilities for next week is at either extreme.  I can see him retaining bellcow status and given a second chance.  I can also see him punished and back in the lesser half of a timeshare.

Anybody have a read on this situation?

McCoy was inactive for a reason. I don’t buy it was a rest week...we’ve heard that before for other players and it ended up being because they weren’t needed anymore. 

ive liked Damien the last two weeks and I am inclined to keep rolling him. The fumble hurt, but it isn’t like McCoy has been great with ball security. I think Reid wants to use one main RB as he has most of his career. 

17 hours ago, Bastardo! said:

Probably because McCoy was inactive.

Says the coaching staff trusts Darrell Williams and Darwin more going forward and are moving on from McCoy. If he was really going to be punished for the fumble they would have leaned on the other RB's more.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, devaster said:

Says the coaching staff trusts Darrell Williams and Darwin more going forward and are moving on from McCoy. If he was really going to be punished for the fumble they would have leaned on the other RB's more.

I have trouble believing that they aren't going to punish Damien.  I mean....you send McCoy immediately to the doghouse but another RB fumbles and you let it go?  What kind of message does that send to the team?

I suppose they could give Damien another chance, but it is far from a given.  The KC staff really has to figure it out and none of us can predict what they do.

3 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I have trouble believing that they aren't going to punish Damien.  I mean....you send McCoy immediately to the doghouse but another RB fumbles and you let it go?  What kind of message does that send to the team?

I suppose they could give Damien another chance, but it is far from a given.  The KC staff really has to figure it out and none of us can predict what they do.

McCoy wasn't sent to the bench specifically because of the fumbling.

2 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Especially in a game where the score was decided by less than a td and the fumble was returned for a td. It's puzzling why Damien has a longer leash but I do agree with you that McCoy probably complained about his lack of involvement as punishment for the fumble more than anything and it led to his healthy scratch.