NBC Sports Edge Forums

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

10 minutes ago, MKO3090 said:

Is Darrel Williams the handcuff? Or is it McCoy?

Darrel, Reid is just limiting him thus far to save him for the stretch run. 

Edit: Honestly it's tough to say Damien is the lead back obviously but I don't think you can label either as the clear cut backup at this time.

Edited by CroNY
  • Like 2
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's ironic that after months of discussing, debating McCoy, Dam. Williams, Dar. Williams, and Thompson that the most valuable Chiefs RB turned out to be Hyde.

If McCoy comes to chiefs and pushes Williams out, I am not drafting next year until about 20 minutes before the season begins 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, RandyShackleford said:

This part is not true. I have no horse in the race either, but it took three weeks and two McCoy fumbles for Damien to reclaims the lead for the first time last week. He had been healthy the whole time leading up until then. 

I get that this is a Damien fan boy thread, but it’s simply not as cut and dry as you all want to believe. It’s anyone’s backfield at this point...

I'm not a fanboy at all, I actually owned McCoy earlier in the year and hoped for even a glimmer that he'd be the guy here. Never came.

It's 100% true. McCoy did well weeks 3 and 4 when Damien was out. Damien's first game back (against the Colts) week 5 he had nine carries. McCoy had ZERO. It doesn't get more clear cut than that. 

3 hours ago, RandyShackleford said:

Guess we’ll see on game day. Over under on McCoy out snapping Williams?

Lol it’s not over under it would be odds Lmao. 

over/under would be saying something like: Williams over/under 10.5 touches.  

• Haha 2

What's the over/under on the Chiefs covering with a teaser?

But seriously if Damien doesn't fly to Mexico I will have to strongly consider playing McCoy.  LAC have a putrid run D.

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

What's the over/under on the Chiefs covering with a teaser?

But seriously if Damien doesn't fly to Mexico I will have to strongly consider playing McCoy.  LAC have a putrid run D.

I'm curious is McCoy is even over Darrell. McCoy was the inactive last week.

13 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I'm not a fanboy at all, I actually owned McCoy earlier in the year and hoped for even a glimmer that he'd be the guy here. Never came.

It's 100% true. McCoy did well weeks 3 and 4 when Damien was out. Damien's first game back (against the Colts) week 5 he had nine carries. McCoy had ZERO. It doesn't get more clear cut than that. 

But what about the weeks after where McCoy was back to his average 9ish carries? I dont think you can look at that week as anything other than an anomaly.

Did McCoy get hurt in the game against Minnesota? It seems that way with how he sat out against Tenn.

17 hours ago, RandyShackleford said:

Dude, justify whatever you want...all I’ve laid out is more plausible than whatever excuses you Williams fan boys want to believe. Let’s leave it here, and touch base week 16 after you’ve come in 2nd, 3rd, 4th......whatever place in your league. 

Just for the record, I have been in camp McCoy all season.  Check my posts.  Nothing to do with that.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, RandyShackleford said:

It’s funny because you’re literally laying out the argument for McCoy...yeah, they’ve made this and that excuse, but time and time again McCoy has proven superior in all aspects. How many weeks was Williams healthy without taking the lead role? 

McCoy got benched for fumbling, despite being superior in all aspects you describe. Williams just cost them a game by fumbling and suddenly has, “personal reasons” for not practicing.

Show’s over folks....your 2nd/3rd round pick is still a bust. Not saying McCoy is the man going forward, but your dreams of Williams winning you your league are no more. He’s firmly a turd. 

Turns out it was a family matter man. But you were soooo close. 

If Reid is going to bench guys flat out for fumbling he’s an absolute idiot.

I understand taking them out for a drive or even two but flat out benching them is stupid. What a great way to make them run with fear. This backfield is setup to fail. 

• Haha 2

How we feeling about Damien tonight? My season and playoff chances are riding on him. Dame... please, for those of us who spent an early round pick on you and have held on this long, reward us with some late season production. 

I'll see y'all in the vent and rant thread after the game. 

53 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

How we feeling about Damien tonight? My season and playoff chances are riding on him. Dame... please, for those of us who spent an early round pick on you and have held on this long, reward us with some late season production. 

I'll see y'all in the vent and rant thread after the game. 

I feel pretty good about him tonight to be honest. Hopefully it’ll be a repeat of last year versus the Chargers where he dropped 30. One can hope! Edit: this comment is going to age one of two ways. 

Edited by JoeJoe88
13 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I feel pretty good about him tonight to be honest. Hopefully it’ll be a repeat of last year versus the Chargers where he dropped 30. One can hope! Edit: this comment is going to age one of two ways. 

all we can do is sit back and pray lol