NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

Joe Odam

On 11/20/2019 at 7:30 AM, atdharris said:

I ended up having to drop him for bye week fill ins. If he's still available I may pick him up next week. So long as Shady is active though, this backfield is a mess. I really thought last week, we finally were seeing some clarity when Damien got 25 touches. 

Sucks the injury just muddied it further just when we were about to have an answer.

3 hours ago, Sticky2 said:

Sucks the injury just muddied it further just when we were about to have an answer.

Hahaha...this is the story of the KC backfield...we’ve been just “about to have an answer” every week of the season. 

It’s time to own up to the $hit show that is the KC RB situation and just cut all ties. You’re better off letting your opponents play the guessing game to their own detriment, than try to figure out this football bat of a backfield. 

14 minutes ago, RandyShackleford said:

Hahaha...this is the story of the KC backfield...we’ve been just “about to have an answer” every week of the season. 

It’s time to own up to the $hit show that is the KC RB situation and just cut all ties. You’re better off letting your opponents play the guessing game to their own detriment, than try to figure out this football bat of a backfield. 

I've been holding all three for weeks in a deep bench league waiting for clarity. Can't bring myself to drop bc if someone emerges, they will be productive. Pathetic,  I know. 

21 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Not on Damien. Reid said he was optimistic that Tyreek would play, and clarified that McCoy was not in concussion protocol.  He didn’t give an update on Damien though.  

They are due back to the facility tomorrow, so I’d think we hear something then.

Is there anything to Tyreek & Mccoy getting an update but nothing for Damien?

1 minute ago, Neauxls said:

Is there anything to Tyreek & Mccoy getting an update but nothing for Damien?

I have no idea.  Hopefully we’ll get an update today.

I will say, as someone pointed out in the McCoy thread, when Damien was out for a few weeks earlier this season we got next to no info from the Chiefs about it.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:22 PM, RandyShackleford said:

THIS!!! drop them all now and you will have a much happier, stress free FF playoffs.

1 minute ago, sasnumberonefan said:

This is maddening. I am so ready for the Chiefs to invest a high draft pick in a RB next year. This offense so clearly operates better with a singular lead back (and one that is not a JAG, to boot). 

You said a mouthful.  Hopefully they can get one of the good ones in the second round.