Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook


Joe Odam
 Share

Recommended Posts

with Reek's legal troubles seemingly behind him, Reid has now assembled the perfect beast. 

i want any piece of this offense i can get, all the way down to the snapper for Butkicker.

Williams is a piece.  Williams delivered when called upon ... he's an upper lower middle class man's Kareem Hunt, but the fatman is Daddy Warbucks, and can shine a turd into a diamond in this juggernaut he's masterminded (not saying DWilliams is a turd, but ,you get my drift, no?)

Hyde is of little/no concern ... he's a poor man's Spencer Ware at this point - just let it go.

a healthy Williams will score many magick foosball points - hell, a one legged granma could prolly crack top 24 with that supporting cast ...

... but not Hyde. 

gimme a piece of that O. 

TIA

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bronco Billy said:

 

Good call. Completely analogous.  

 

Zeke ~ Williams

 

53 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I don’t really have a problem with that analogy.  I don’t believe anyone is suggesting they are analogous talent-wise.

 

Yea I was just giving a circumstance woof letting and injury heal before being rushed back.

Talent wise it's not even close. Damien William's averages 1.24 fantasy points per touch hes clearly the better back

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, BMcP said:

I don’t really have a problem with that analogy.  I don’t believe anyone is suggesting they are analogous talent-wise.

 

Then what is the purpose of inserting Zeke as a comparison in this thread?  

 

That Zeke is an elite talent and Williams is a replacement level journeyman RB is what makes the two situations completely different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bronco Billy said:

 

Then what is the purpose of inserting Zeke as a comparison in this thread?  

 

He’s another example of a starting RB with a lower-body injury that the team took it easy on throughout training camp and the pre-season to properly let the injury heal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, BMcP said:

He’s another example of a starting RB with a lower-body injury that the team took it easy on throughout training camp and the pre-season to properly let the injury heal.

 

I’m pretty sure Zeke wasn’t in danger of losing much workload - or his starting gig - by letting others take first teams reps while he sat.  Unless you think Williams is so good that this is also the case with him while he sits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

 

I’m pretty sure Zeke wasn’t in danger of losing much workload - or his starting gig - by letting others take first teams reps while he sat.  Unless you think Williams is so good that this is also the case with him while he sits.

It’s not really a question of “talent” - it’s just that I don’t think Hyde is a realistic threat to usurp a healthy Williams’s starting role, based on what the team has publicly stated thus far.

Edited by BMcP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, BMcP said:

It’s not really a question of “talent” - it’s just that I don’t think Hyde is a realistic threat to usurp a healthy Williams’s starting role, based on what the team has publicly stated thus far.

 

So in your opinion, Williams is as safe with his workload in KC as Zeke is in DAL when he misses TC/PS time?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bronco Billy said:

 

So in your opinion, Williams is as safe with his workload in KC as Zeke is in DAL when he misses TC/PS time?

Safe enough to make the situations analogous, in my view.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was able to get Carlos Hyde in the 13th round of my PPR league, 12 team draft yesterday so I'm hoping that Williams' injury lingers into the season.  It will likely end up being minor and he'll probably be ready by the season start but you never know.  The guy who gets the majority of the carries, whomever it is, will be gold in that offense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So apparently word from inside KC camp* on RBs is:

 

Damien Williams got told to be extra cautious and take the week off, probably be ready Monday. We’ll see.

 

Darrel Williams is the backup to Damien. Nothing exciting, not a threat to take starting job, but solid all around skill set would make him the full time starter if Damien goes down. Interesting, as he looked very underwhelming last year. Good for him.

 

Darwin Thompson gets buzz compared to Darrel Williams and Hyde when he gets the ball in camp, but likely is not in the hunt for full time snaps ever as he is an undersized pass catching RB in the NFL. That’s why the less talented Darrel is ahead of him on the depth chart. Based on this assessment one could argue that D Thompson isn’t really on the depth chart but operates parallel to it, and his role wouldn’t change much regardless of who is the full time starter in KC.

 

Carlos Hyde has been himself, dropped 3 out of 3 passes in practice the other day, and word amongst reporters and fans in attendance is that he is flirting with either being cut or just being a part time short yardage RB, and is currently likely to be the third string option at starter, if he can maintain that role even, and if he can even make the 53 man roster.

 

 

 

*these reports come from an extended family

member who went to 2 days of KC camp this week, and was supposed to go again but I guess Chiefs closed practice to the public last second yesterday. Idk why? Anyways, he was a practice squad DE on the Pats and Packers, he doesn’t play fantasy, but he still helps coach DL in high school and he is well connected in the NFL. I trust him with my life, so I definitely trust his take on what he has seen and the general buzz at camp is.

 

 

 

Cheers, hope this helps.

Edited by elroypedro
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, elroypedro said:

So apparently word from inside KC camp* on RBs is:

 

Damien Williams got told to be extra cautious and take the week off, probably be ready Monday. We’ll see.

 

Darrel Williams is the backup to Damien. Nothing exciting, not a threat to take starting job, but solid all around skill set would make him the full time starter if Damien goes down. Interesting, as he looked very underwhelming last year. Good for him.

 

Darwin Thompson gets buzz compared to Darrel Williams and Hyde when he gets the ball in camp, but likely is not in the hunt for full time snaps ever as he is an undersized pass catching RB in the NFL. That’s why the less talented Darrel is ahead of him on the depth chart. Based on this assessment one could argue that D Thompson isn’t really on the depth chart but operates parallel to it, and his role wouldn’t change much regardless of who is the full time starter in KC.

 

Carlos Hyde has been himself, dropped 3 out of 3 passes in practice the other day, and word amongst reporters and fans in attendance is that he is flirting with either being cut or just being a part time short yardage RB, and is currently likely to be the third string option at starter, if he can maintain that role even, and if he can even make the 53 man roster.

 

 

 

*these reports come from an extended family

member who went to 2 days of KC camp this week, and was supposed to go again but I guess Chiefs closed practice to the public last second yesterday. Idk why? Anyways, he was a practice squad DE on the Pats and Packers, he doesn’t play fantasy, but he still helps coach DL in high school and he is well connected in the NFL. I trust him with my life, so I definitely trust his take on what he has seen and the general buzz at camp is.

 

 

 

Cheers, hope this helps.

Outstanding, thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, elroypedro said:

So apparently word from inside KC camp* on RBs is:

 

Damien Williams got told to be extra cautious and take the week off, probably be ready Monday. We’ll see.

 

Darrel Williams is the backup to Damien. Nothing exciting, not a threat to take starting job, but solid all around skill set would make him the full time starter if Damien goes down. Interesting, as he looked very underwhelming last year. Good for him.

 

Darwin Thompson gets buzz compared to Darrel Williams and Hyde when he gets the ball in camp, but likely is not in the hunt for full time snaps ever as he is an undersized pass catching RB in the NFL. That’s why the less talented Darrel is ahead of him on the depth chart. Based on this assessment one could argue that D Thompson isn’t really on the depth chart but operates parallel to it, and his role wouldn’t change much regardless of who is the full time starter in KC.

 

Carlos Hyde has been himself, dropped 3 out of 3 passes in practice the other day, and word amongst reporters and fans in attendance is that he is flirting with either being cut or just being a part time short yardage RB, and is currently likely to be the third string option at starter, if he can maintain that role even, and if he can even make the 53 man roster.

 

 

 

*these reports come from an extended family

member who went to 2 days of KC camp this week, and was supposed to go again but I guess Chiefs closed practice to the public last second yesterday. Idk why? Anyways, he was a practice squad DE on the Pats and Packers, he doesn’t play fantasy, but he still helps coach DL in high school and he is well connected in the NFL. I trust him with my life, so I definitely trust his take on what he has seen and the general buzz at camp is.

 

 

 

Cheers, hope this helps.

 

Ive always said how bad Hyde is, and how I’ve made the point of not comparing him to Williams but just how bad Hyde is so this is interesting

 

I wish there was some more info however on Darrel Williams however, he’s still free on the wire and if there is any chance of this actually happening I would love some more news

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Andy Reid sounded frustrated with starting running back Damien Williams, who has yet to practice with the Chiefs at training camp because of a sore hamstring. ‘’He’s missed quite a bit,’’ Reid said. “He’s missed a lot of plays. It’s been great for these... espn.com/espn/now?nowId…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Mkrak23 said:

Andy Reid sounded frustrated with starting running back Damien Williams, who has yet to practice with the Chiefs at training camp because of a sore hamstring. ‘’He’s missed quite a bit,’’ Reid said. “He’s missed a lot of plays. It’s been great for these... espn.com/espn/now?nowId…

I look forward to seeing how the Williams crowd puts a positive spin on this after they put so much stock into Reid's backfield rhetoric from a month ago. Now that the pads are on, he's here praising Carlos Hyde. More irrelevant coachspeak? Possibly. But if so, it just goes to show (once again) that you shouldn't put too much faith in any comments that coaches make in the middle of the summer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

I look forward to seeing how the Williams crowd puts a positive spin on this after they put so much stock into Reid's backfield rhetoric from a month ago.

 

The Damien williams crowd or the Darrel Williams crowd?

Darrel William's has a 100% catch rate and averaged 1 td for every 3 catches. Guys gonna be a stud this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know what to believe anymore.  I read on here the other day that Carlos Hyde dropped 3 of 3 passes in camp, hasn't looked good overall and is being considered a part-time short yardage back at best and now I read that Andy Reid is praising him basically saying that he can be at least a 2 down starter if need be.  I have a feeling that when all is said and done, it's going to end up being an ugly committee with a combination of both Williams guys and Hyde.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mkrak23 said:

Andy Reid sounded frustrated with starting running back Damien Williams, who has yet to practice with the Chiefs at training camp because of a sore hamstring. ‘’He’s missed quite a bit,’’ Reid said. “He’s missed a lot of plays. It’s been great for these... espn.com/espn/now?nowId

 

 

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41071858-4

 

Andy Reid sounded frustrated with starting running back Damien Williams, who has yet to practice with the Chiefs at training camp because of a sore hamstring. ‘’He’s missed quite a bit,’’ Reid said. “He’s missed a lot of plays. It’s been great for these other guys. (Carlos Hyde) has done a nice job. He’s got a lot of reps and he’s taking advantage of them.’’ The Chiefs worked to build some depth behind Williams, signing Hyde as a free agent and drafting Darwin Thompson in the sixth round. They also have Darrel Williams and Tremon Smith, who was recently moved from cornerback. But they’d prefer to have Williams, the most gifted and complete back they have,

 

 

 

 

 

yawn

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stonej14 said:

 

The Damien williams crowd or the Darrel Williams crowd?

Darrel William's has a 100% catch rate and averaged 1 td for every 3 catches. Guys gonna be a stud this year. 

What’s Darrell’s point per touch? He could be sneaky best RB in the league.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

60 pages to figure out this guy is JAG, and the coach already is not happy.  This guy is one of the riskiest bets going now.  I think Hyde does better for the first 6 weeks, and is a fill in back until Darryl Williams takes over the position.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...