NBC Sports Edge Forums

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's ironic that after months of discussing, debating McCoy, Dam. Williams, Dar. Williams, and Thompson that the most valuable Chiefs RB turned out to be Hyde.

If McCoy comes to chiefs and pushes Williams out, I am not drafting next year until about 20 minutes before the season begins 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Proteus said:

One bad quarter and it's the fast train to MonteBallsville. 

Good luck.

Every time I’ve drafted an early round bust it’s always been a limited sample size player that I drafted for the situation - CJ Anderson and Montee Ball especially stand out.

• Like 1

FWIW, Chiefs RBs have the hardest SoS of any running back corps in the league for 2019. Mind you, they also rank 32nd in SoS for QB and WR.

Their schedule is pretty brutal, and I’m expecting regression from a fantasy perspective for their whole offense.

Not sure it will stop me from drafting Damien at the end of R2 / start of R3 though.

2 hours ago, The Cam's Pyjamas said:

FWIW, Chiefs RBs have the hardest SoS of any running back corps in the league for 2019. Mind you, they also rank 32nd in SoS for QB and WR.

Their schedule is pretty brutal, and I’m expecting regression from a fantasy perspective for their whole offense.

Not sure it will stop me from drafting Damien at the end of R2 / start of R3 though.

Strength of schedule is kinda meaningless to pay attention to early on in the season because of injuries, personnel changes, coaching changes, etc. It begins to matter about halfway through the season. Even then the KC passing attack is so lethal, and Andy Reid does such a good job of drawing up creative running plays, that strength of schedule is going to matter even less.

Edited by lbjames6
  • Like 3
11 hours ago, kball09 said:

As a Thompson owner only (but still 2 drafts to go) I would say 75/25 is the likely split. Damien will need to falter/get hurt for Thompson to break out. Either that or Thompson will have to just plain blow up on his touches. 

I think to start off the season you’re pretty close, though I think it’s a little too heavy towards Williams.  I see it a bit more as a 2:1 split in favor of Williams.  Thompson will get some meaningful work in but the brunt is born by Williams.  Dar Williams may get 3-4 touches.  Then it will just be a matter of what each guy does with those touches week to week.  

It could stay that way all year or it could flip with the same ratio in favor of Thompson, or anything in between.  This has become a difficult backfield to read right now, but both Williams and Thompson could end the year FF significant.  I actually believe Reid when he talks about using a committee in the backfield.  There’s enough FF pts there to support two RB2s.

Edited by Bronco Billy
17 minutes ago, akooreman180 said:

Not sure how it affects Williams, but the Chiefs are one of four teams who are interested in McCoy. Is he just depth or something more? 

Dwill would be an excellent backup

• Haha 3

Not a concern. Reid will give Damien every opportunity to be Kareem Hunt. I don’t believe he’s a great talent, but he showed he is capable of producing higher than his skillset. I’m a Darwin owner with no stock in DWill. Shady was very bad last year and he’s no threat regardless of the team he ends up on. The exception would probably be Tampa. There he is likely the second coming of Jesus. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, nmartinez12443 said:

That would be a NO, look at the highlights of the third preseason game dude looked quick as heck. McCoy to Chiefs would destroy williams value.

Yeah DWill looked pretty quick in preseason too. 

I believe the Chiefs are going to give DWill every chance to succeed whether or not they sign Shady. If you think he’s going to fumble that chance, so be it. 

Edited by yahyahtrick