NBC Sports Edge Forums

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's ironic that after months of discussing, debating McCoy, Dam. Williams, Dar. Williams, and Thompson that the most valuable Chiefs RB turned out to be Hyde.

If McCoy comes to chiefs and pushes Williams out, I am not drafting next year until about 20 minutes before the season begins 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Somebody could very well take over for Dwill.  But it is not gonna be a washed up Shady.  Why don't people get RB's don't age well into their 30s.  Shady had a great career but is done.

Shhhh, don’t tell Gore and Peterson that though.

24 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Shhhh, don’t tell Gore and Peterson that though.

Different type of RB's.  One(mccoy) used his god given talent to dance behind the line then accelerate when he saw a hole.  Many times losing yards per carry.  But he made up for it with the big runs.  He doesn't have that talent anymore.  The other two were and are one cut runners.  

44 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

I have Anthony Lynn and the Chargers as the favs to sign McCoy. I think the Gordon era is over in San Diego and McCoy will be able to slide right into a starters role. 

I agree.  I would put them as favorites, then Houston, then a toss up between Chiefs, Eagles, and Pats but none of those last 3 feel likely to me

52 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

I have Anthony Lynn and the Chargers as the favs to sign McCoy. I think the Gordon era is over in San Diego and McCoy will be able to slide right into a starters role. 

lesean-mccoy-anthony-lynn-650-433.png&w=

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000720819/article/scouts-notebook-how-anthony-lynn-freed-lesean-mccoy

As a Justin Jackson owner, I sincerely hope you're wrong. 

No offense. 

I guess I don't get that type of move tho. I love shady, but he's not the future for any team... Maybe for a team is is really deep in suck I can see him going to, but I just feel at this point he's on the back end of his career. 

1 hour ago, youngrice said:

Somebody could very well take over for Dwill.  But it is not gonna be a washed up Shady.  Why don't people get RB's don't age well into their 30s.  Shady had a great career but is done.

Totally, not any competition against a 27 year old journeyman in his 6th season with 733 career rushing yards.

The main selling point with Damien Williams is situation.  It would be incredibly naive to not be worried about a LeSean McCoy addition.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

I guess I don't get that type of move tho. I love shady, but he's not the future for any team... Maybe for a team is is really deep in suck I can see him going to, but I just feel at this point he's on the back end of his career. 

You make a good point, but we don't know how the Chiefs "really" feel about Williams.. They may feel that he is someone who may be viable now, but not someone they value in the long term. If the Chiefs are looking at this in the short term (they have a team that can win a SB this yr), McCoy in their eyes could be just as valuable or possibly more.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Chwf3rd said:

Totally, not any competition against a 27 year old journeyman in his 6th season with 733 career rushing yards.

The main selling point with Damien Williams is situation.  It would be incredibly naive to not be worried about a LeSean McCoy addition.

I own no shares but can't stand people with this crap because a guy didn't perform in his first spot. Is he a Journeyman??? No!!! He has been on one other team and this has been his first chance as a number 1.   By your logic no player in the NFL ever produces if it doesn't work out with his first team.  I guess Robert woods should not be drafted(he was horrble in Buf), Marshawn lynch was a scrub,  Priest Holmes should of never been on a roster etc.  

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

You make a good point, but we don't know how the Chiefs "really" feel about Williams.. They may feel that he is someone who may be viable now, but not someone they value in the long term. If the Chiefs are looking at this in the short term (they have a team that can win a SB this yr), McCoy in their eyes could be just as valuable or possibly more.

Chiefs thought enough of Damien to give him a contract extension. I had him last year down the stretch and I would have never won a fantasy chip without him. What has Damien done not to deserve first crack at this job? 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001004709/article/damien-williams-signs-2year-chiefs-contract-extension#targetText=Williams and the Chiefs have,for the fifth-year back.

• Haha 1

Man...this is why I like to have drafts as late as possible (and I'm absolutely not trying to start an argument for that here, just saying.) I feel for anyone that drafted Damien Williams...this cannot be good for him.

• Like 1

So, not only are they signing McCoy, but they're paying him more than Damien Williams.

My initial thoughts are this: First, I doubt they'd sign a guy like McCoy to rot on the bench, and second, I doubt McCoy would go to a team without a guaranteed role in the offense. 

Not good for Damien Williams owners.