NBC Sports Edge Forums

Sony Michel 2019 Outlook

The problem for me is his zero targets, that kills his PPR value.  I traded him last week for Montgomery straight up, people laughed at me, but dmont get 22 carries and 3 receptions last week.  Sony useage is bad and the no broken tackles through 3 weeks was even worse, plus Brandon Bolder got a 4 yard TD last week, UN F*CKING BELIEVABLE Brandon Bolden. 

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The top backs on my waiver wire right now are Dexter Williams, Dare Ogunbowale, and Gus Edwards. Not sure what kind of leagues you guys play in but Michel is not waiver wire fodder. He's still the sta

Sony Asiata

It really is funny at this point... 2018: Rex-5th round, Michel-8th round, White-11th round (if I remember correctly).  White finished highest in PPR, Michel close behind and better in standard.

Posted Images

Burkhead has been ruled out.  The Skins blow.  I hate to say but I'm thinking of flexing him tomorrow.  Michel really did well when Burkhead missed time last year.  If you have better options by all means use them, but if you're in a pickle he could be a sneaky good play.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sasnumberonefan said:

....or his back up (Damien Harris) may get some run if Sony doesn’t show effectiveness early....

I hope so.  I just added him! ;)

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Walter330i said:

This HAS to be what we have all been waiting for. No burk or Harris. He SHOULD get a lot of run. I am starting him over DMontgomery for a last chance. Fingers crossed!!

Suddenly it feels like a Brandon Bolden week.  Don't do it to us Hoodie!!!!

• Haha 1

They won the game because they committed to the run game in the second half. In the first half Brady threw the most passes he ever had in a half and they struggled. Michel barely touched the ball. Then in the 2nd half they changed the game plan and let Michel go to work and that's when the offense started humming. I was all about "sell high" after the Miami game and I did so but don't think the coaches don't see a 42 year old QB with a terrible oline and realize they need Michel to be a big part of this team. I actually think his arrow is pointing up now.

• Thanks 1

Looks like the stopped running outside and moved inside more.  Also, I hope the passing involvement continues.  It is clear that it benefits the entire offense as it makes them much less predictable when he is on the field.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2