NBC Sports Edge Forums

Sony Michel 2019 Outlook

39 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Looks like the stopped running outside and moved inside more.  Also, I hope the passing involvement continues.  It is clear that it benefits the entire offense as it makes them much less predictable when he is on the field.

Aside from the 5.7ypc and TD, I'm ironically more excited about the 3 targets for 32 yards. Good signs that he's getting some passing work at last, which hopefully makes him less predictable as a runner. 120 yards from scrimmage is very encouraging. Hope he can hold onto that role when Rex comes back.

• Like 4
  • Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The top backs on my waiver wire right now are Dexter Williams, Dare Ogunbowale, and Gus Edwards. Not sure what kind of leagues you guys play in but Michel is not waiver wire fodder. He's still the sta

Sony Asiata

It really is funny at this point... 2018: Rex-5th round, Michel-8th round, White-11th round (if I remember correctly).  White finished highest in PPR, Michel close behind and better in standard.

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, drisser said:

That's what I was waiting to see. May have to fire him up against the Giants this week. Anyone feeling confident in starting him?

I am in one of my leagues. NYG has no top offensive weapons on a short week (Shepard out, Barkley likely out, Engram likely out, Gallman definitely out). Thus NE will trample the Giants early into the first half. I can see them use Michel a lot this Thursday to kill the clock.

Edited by jpark211

With how good the Patriots defense has been, he is an every week flex play at worst.  You can pretty much count on a positive game script for him. 

Yeah he's been bad so far, but he's the goal line back for a team that figures to be at the goal line more than any other team.  I don't see how you can bench him, except maybe in PPR.

Nice blurb from Mike Reiss this morning:

Sunday's performance represented a notable change for those patiently waiting for Michel to have some significant production. He finished with 91 rushing yards and a touchdown while adding three catches for 32 yards. The pass-catching production is a good sign that the coaching staff is trusting Michel more in the passing game. Last year when Michel was on the field, it was almost always a run. Look for Michel's production to increase going forward, now with some added potential in the passing game. -- Mike Reiss

While its due to bye weeks I'm starting him against the Giants with confidence. Rainy and windy in Foxborough, seems like the game script will favor the Pats running all over the Giants as much as they can. Always risk with NE rb'sm but I'm hoping for 80-100 total yards and a TD.

12 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

Not to be a wet blanket but don't forget about Burkhead. If he's active, he usually has a role.

We'll see if they push that foot injury in wet conditions.  He logged a limited practice yesterday.

I fully avoided him in PPR formats this year at his ADP but I'm having a hard time getting a read on him going forward. If he can get even a few targets a game that feels like a total game-changer for his value in that format. But the question is whether last week was signal or just noise. I know the easy answer is to peg his value to whatever is happening with Burkhead, but what if they truly do want to get Sony more involved in the passing game? Sigh...guess this is why he was an avoid in PPR.

It really does set up for a monster night for Michel.  Short week, rainy, windy... I expect he'll have the most touches he's had all year and it will translate into an RB1 performance for week 6.  Must Start.

28 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Giants D isnt bad against the run. With the poor weather incoming if it holds true, im saying this game overall is ugly.23-9 pats. Pats defense scores the most points

Giants D is bad against EVERYTHING

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Giants D is bad against EVERYTHING

in .5 PPR giants D is ranked 16 vs running backs and #23 against the run. They are beat through the air more than on the ground, but if anything field position and sloppy conditions will probably be ok as long as sony can maintain traction and not fumble.