• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brady is the best ever

That's why Brady is the GOAT and it's not close at this point 

“Somehow”...indeed.

Posted Images

Brady and Brees no longer can throw deep. I'd let them both have the shots and cover the underneath stuff. Brady picked apart the Chargers throwing short-medium throws. The few shots he took did not look very good. It's easier said than done but letting him pick you apart with slants and passes to the flat just makes you look dumb. Chargers looked clueless. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Brady and Brees no longer can throw deep. I'd let them both have the shots and cover the underneath stuff. Brady picked apart the Chargers throwing short-medium throws. The few shots he took did not look very good. It's easier said than done but letting him pick you apart with slants and passes to the flat just makes you look dumb. Chargers looked clueless. 

As of early December, Brees was the most accurate deep-ball passer in the NFL (60%; 37% avg.) and hadn’t allowed an INT on one.  He also ranked third in points earned on deep passes, behind Russell Wilson and Rodgers.  

I’d say he’s still able to go deep.

Brady - not so much.

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Coach Bellicheck says they have a lot of work to do. Normally, I think this is coach speak. But I believe the Pats are gearing for this game. 

I also believe the Pats will be preparing hard for this game... 

Here's another piece of great football knowledge I have to share :

If your team scores more points than your opponent... You will win the game. 

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, BMcP said:

As of early December, Brees was the most accurate deep-ball passer in the NFL (60%; 37% avg.) and hadn’t allowed an INT on one.  I’d say he’s still able to go deep.

Brady - not so much.

Mahomes time will come, but unfortunately for him... It's not just yet. 

Brady absolutely destroyed a very good defense. 

Pretty sure he's still more than capable of Shredding a bad one. 

This is the 2nd time these 2 teams will have played and it's now the post season and not regular season. 

Home, away, neutral field. 2nd chance meet I take Bill B and the Pats over Fat Andy and whatever team he's on all day... Every day. 

Early line was Chiefs +3.5. Felt like free money so I wrote a check. 

Line moved to +3 immediately though. I wouldn't touch that number, but would take the Pats money line as theirs better money involved at this point, but I still think it's gonna be a battle that comes down to last guy with the ball. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

For sake of reference, Brady’s average attempt traveled 7.6 yards in the air this season (24th overall) and his average completion 5.6 yards (23rd).    At one point deep into the first half today he was averaging about half a yard in the air per completion.

He’s become a better version of Alex Smith.

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

For sake of reference, Brady’s average attempt traveled 7.6 yards in the air this season (24th overall) and his average completion 5.6 yards (23rd).    At one point deep into the first half today he was averaging about half a yard in the air per completion.

7 minute drives and points can kill a team even worse than 90 second drives with 50 yard bombs often. 

I love this team as a super bowl contender... Next year after Brady has retired. 

3 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

7 minute drives and points can kill a team even worse than 90 second drives with 50 yard bombs often. 

I love this team as a super bowl contender... Next year after Brady has retired. 

Yes it can.  But take a look upthread for valuable context.

19 minutes ago, BMcP said:

As of early December, Brees was the most accurate deep-ball passer in the NFL (60%; 37% avg.) and hadn’t allowed an INT on one.  He also ranked third in points earned on deep passes, behind Russell Wilson and Rodgers.  

Brady - not so much.

You may be right on Brees. He's made some solid throws deep this season.

However, Brady hasn't been good deep. The fact that the Chargers played practically a soft zone the entire game has got to be one of the worst game plans ever. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

You may be right on Brees. He's made some solid throws deep this season.

However, Brady hasn't been good deep. The fact that the Chargers played practically a soft zone the entire game has got to be one of the worst game plans ever. 

Couldn’t understand what Gus was thinking throughout that entire game.  

Also couldn’t understand why they didn’t lean run from the get-go against a Charmin-soft run D.  Maybe because MGIII was playing on two bad knees.  But still, just use Ekeler!

15 minutes ago, Tax77 said:

How do we stop Brady? Dude is old as dirt and the league cant stop him!

He didn’t do that great in the regular season. As mentioned, Chargers game play was horrible and played into their strengths. We will see next week but the eye test seems to show Brady has dropped off a bit. 

8 hours ago, BMcP said:

It's not fair to throw real 3's at hawk

I like the Chiefs' chances. They play a man-to-man scheme and have the front to get after Brady with Houston, Dee Ford, and Chris Jones. Chargers have been a zone defense under Lynn. And that just doesn't work against Brady most of the time. The Chargers also weren't getting any pressure. Brady picked apart the zone gaps underneath the entire game. White had 15 catches.

Also don't see the Patriots stopping the Chiefs. Could very likely be a shoot out.

15 minutes ago, devaster said:

Also don't see the Patriots stopping the Chiefs. Could very likely be a shoot out.

I feel this phrase was used ad nauseam this season and the vast majority of the games predicted to be high scoring shoot outs turned into defensive battles where both teams were waiting for the other to blink first. 

10 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

I feel this phrase was used ad nauseam this season and the vast majority of the games predicted to be high scoring shoot outs turned into defensive battles where both teams were waiting for the other to blink first. 

Chiefs-Rams was an expected shootout and turned into a full on offensive battle. 

13 hours ago, BMcP said:

Um no, at no point during the game were Brady's throws averaging .5 yd air travel distance. That's basically a handoff...A throw to the flats might gain half a yd vertically, but it doesn't mean it traveled less than a yard in the air lol. Come on now.