NBC Sports Edge Forums

12 minutes ago, devaster said:

Thanks!  That makes sense now - he was the most efficient on his deep-pass attempts.  Similar to Brees this season.

EDIT: My bad - you did say “most efficient.”  You were spot-on.

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 1
  • Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brady is the best ever

That's why Brady is the GOAT and it's not close at this point 

“Somehow”...indeed.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, devaster said:

Brady will happily dink and dunk his way down the field on long methodical drives if the defense is going to play zone and give him the underneath gaps to work with. He picked apart the Chargers with that game-plan. He will be facing man coverage against the Chiefs. Regardless of how bad they were for the season, they have been very good the last month or so.

Exactly. Brady doesn't even care about stats. He just cares about winning. He throws short when its there and he lets his rbs run into the endzone when theyre close. Not like a Rodgers or manning who will attempt 3 passes at the 1.

Not to mention itll be a artic blast in arrowhead. Brady loves the snow and cold weather, we'll see how Patrick plays in truly s--- weather 

Have to give big edge to KC. Pats simply aren't the same team away from home and KC defense is much better at home.  Big Bill has nobody to blame but himself.  Horrible coaching at end of the Miami game is the reason NE doesn't have the one seed.

22 minutes ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Exactly. Brady doesn't even care about stats. He just cares about winning. He throws short when its there and he lets his rbs run into the endzone when theyre close. Not like a Rodgers or manning who will attempt 3 passes at the 1.

Not to mention itll be a artic blast in arrowhead. Brady loves the snow and cold weather, we'll see how Patrick plays in truly s--- weather 

Why would the Chiefs be bothered by the weather? They are a cold weather team.

46 minutes ago, devaster said:

Why would the Chiefs be bothered by the weather? They are a cold weather team.

Mahomes was in high school and college in places where December was still average 55-60 F. Brady has 28 games under his belt with the temperature under 30 (and won 24). Not saying it's the most important factor in the game, but you bet Brady knows how to manage a cold weather game.

6 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Of greater concern than the weather (courtesy of Silva):

2018 #Patriots W-L, point differential At home: 9-0, +105 On road: 3-5, -19

Remind me how many straight years Tom Brady and his Patriots have participated in the AFC championship? 

Just now, shakestreet said:

Remind me how many straight years Tom Brady and his Patriots have participated in the AFC championship? 

8.  As a fan, you should really read up on this stuff, Shakes.

• Haha 2
Just now, shakestreet said:

That sure seems like a record. Is it? 

You’re on your own from here on out understanding the team you’re a fan of, Master Shake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pats are 3-5 on the road this year. Pats are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 AFC title games.

Pats are on the road and +3.

You’d still be dumb not to consider taking them SU, especially considering the extenuating circumstances, namely: extreme cold weather, facing poor defense, facing first year playoff QB. 

Edited by elroypedro

Since Reid has arrived in KC he has gone 2-2 against Belichick, playing 1 game in the playoffs. 3 of those games have been in NE, going 1-2 there. But the one game in KC was a blowout win and the beginning of the narrative that Brady was done. The Chiefs have sparked that narrative twice with Reid at the helm vs the Patriots. The two wins for KC have been in blowout fashion, while the two losses have been close games.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, devaster said:

Since Reid has arrived in KC he has gone 2-2 against Belichick, playing 1 game in the playoffs. 3 of those games have been in NE, going 1-2 there. But the one game in KC was a blowout win and the beginning of the narrative that Brady was done. The Chiefs have sparked that narrative twice with Reid at the helm vs the Patriots. The two wins for KC have been in blowout fashion, while the two losses have been close games.

No better way to motivate Brady and Belichick than to defeat them.
Honestly, I think KC has the upper hand. Just never think Belichick is done before the fat lady whistles.

Oh, and of course there's this:

image.jpeg.7fd92f2dcee153e52e02ef2bb7aa47cd.jpeg

2020027852-780x0.jpg

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

No better way to motivate Brady and Belichick than to defeat them.
Honestly, I think KC has the upper hand. Just never think Belichick is done before the fat lady whistles.

Oh, and of course there's this:

image.jpeg.7fd92f2dcee153e52e02ef2bb7aa47cd.jpeg

2020027852-780x0.jpg

Im rooting for Mahomes, as great as Belichick is, I just dont think he will stop this Chiefs offense. Should be a great game.

1 hour ago, cashvillesent said:

Im rooting for Mahomes, as great as Belichick is, I just dont think he will stop this Chiefs offense. Should be a great game.

Yeah, fully agree. Two great coaches, two great QBs, lots of firepower on offense and creativity on D, this should be a fantastic game to watch. I hope, anyway.

Bold prediction: 

The Pats will win this because of a discussable ref decision and will go on to lose to the Saints.

ESPNs expert on receding hairline Stephen A Smith says Brady can't be the goat because he now has lost 4 SBs.

Is there a site where I can bet on this?

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, BMcP said:

Unsurprisingly, you don’t understand my stance.  No, Brady didn’t only throw deep balls for a part of 2017 and at no other time in history.  Among regular full-time starting QBs, he finished 2017 in the top ten in Average Completed Air Yards (ACAY).  The year before, when Next Gen Stats began tracking this, he finished right around the league average (basically tied with Big Ben and Rodgers). 

This year, his ACAY is WAY down.  And if you actually watch the games, you can see why - his deep-pass attempts lack both velocity and accuracy.  This has been a frequent topic of discussion within both the fan and fantasy communities.  It’s a clear sign of age-related decline, and his style of play at the moment is comparable to Alex Smith’s.

If you disagree with my take, that’s fine, I don’t mind.  But the facts are indisputable.

I never said that he only threw deep balls for part of 2017 and no other time in history. Did you add this in order to attempt to strengthen your argument against me? I guess to me, "some time" or " a while now" (which is what I mentioned as timeframes) are not equal to "no other time in history". Maybe that's just me though?

Along with that, no one is disputing that he isn't a deep passer this year. So not sure of your point in proving that he hasn't been? It's not that I don't agree with your facts, because I do. They are facts and can't be disputed. I disagree with the opinion you are forming in response to those facts.

Yes, Brady has been less of a deep passer this year. That is a fact. But you alluded to him suddenly being Alex Smith and a less effective QB which would imply that he has never gone stretches before without being much of a deep passer, and that's simply not true. That's not a fact that you provided that is "indisputable". That's simply your interpretation of the facts and THAT is what I disagree with.

Anyhow, agree to disagree. Not a big deal.

10 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

I never said that he only threw deep balls for part of 2017 and no other time in history. Did you add this in order to attempt to strengthen your argument against me? I guess to me, "some time" or " a while now" (which is what I mentioned as timeframes) are not equal to "no other time in history". Maybe that's just me though?

Along with that, no one is disputing that he isn't a deep passer this year. So not sure of your point in proving that he hasn't been? It's not that I don't agree with your facts, because I do. They are facts and can't be disputed. I disagree with the opinion you are forming in response to those facts.

Yes, Brady has been less of a deep passer this year. That is a fact. But you alluded to him suddenly being Alex Smith and a less effective QB which would imply that he has never gone stretches before without being much of a deep passer, and that's simply not true. That's not a fact that you provided that is "indisputable". That's simply your interpretation of the facts and THAT is what I disagree with.

Anyhow, agree to disagree. Not a big deal.

You have me there - I indulged in a bit of hyperbole with that one phrase.  I should have phrased it more accurately, such as “in recent years.”

The rest of my post was directly responsive to your contention that he hadn’t been a deep passer in recent years, which I demonstrated to be untrue.

Yep, agree to disagree as well.

10 minutes ago, BMcP said:

You have me there - I indulged in a bit of hyperbole with that one phrase.  I should have phrased it more accurately, such as “in recent years.”

The rest of my post was directly responsive to your contention that he hadn’t been a deep passer in recent years, which I demonstrated to be untrue.

Yep, agree to disagree as well.

No, much more than the "one phrase". And no, no one said that either.

So now, "Brady hasn't been a deep passer for a long time now" equals "Brady hasn't been a deep passer "in recent years"? Hmm, interesting.

You continue to make stuff up and put quotes around your phrases in order to imply that I said them. I didn't.

You're not far off with what I am saying to be honest. But your constant misquoting is ridiculous. You can not sit there and try to manipulate someone's words and then try to tell them they are wrong even though what you're "quoting" is stretched at the least. Just stop.

4 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

No, much more than the "one phrase". And no, no one said that either.

So now, "Brady hasn't been a deep passer for a long time now" equals "Brady hasn't been a deep passer "in recent years"? Hmm, interesting.

You continue to make stuff up and put quotes around your phrases in order to imply that I said them. I didn't.

You're not far off with what I am saying to be honest. But your constant misquoting is ridiculous. You can not sit there and try to manipulate someone's words and then try to tell them they are wrong even though what you're "quoting" is stretched at the least. Just stop.

I never misquoted you - all but one quotation I have made in my interactions with you were quotations of my own words.  And my quotation of what you wrote is exactly what you wrote - go ahead and check it.

Please stop misstating the facts and misrepresenting my contributions.

Edited by BMcP
6 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I never misquoted you - all but one quotation I have made in my interactions with you were quotations of my own words.  And my quotation of what you wrote is exactly what you wrote - go ahead and check it.

Please stop misstating the facts and misrepresenting my contributions.

Subtraction by addition 

Repeat after me Tom Brady is the best quarterback EVER. 

• Thanks 1