NBC Sports Edge Forums

1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

More injuries more problems with Players association due to compensation, more costs for owners etc...

it's not that easy.

I think it can work in the playoffs. I understand with the pay structure not the regular season but in a win or go home situation. Absolutely 

• Like 1
  • Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brady is the best ever

That's why Brady is the GOAT and it's not close at this point 

“Somehow”...indeed.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, devaster said:

Defenses are gas'd by the time OT occurs and somehow as long as the 1st offense scores a TD it is fair that the 2nd offense never gets chance. Unfortunate. The league MVP not getting a shot to tie the game and extend it in OT is probably going to be a catalyst for OT rule changes this offseason.

Oh good.

More rule changes.

• Like 1

Defenses are gas'd by the time OT occurs and somehow as long as the 1st offense scores a TD it is fair that the 2nd offense never gets chance. Unfortunate. The league MVP not getting a shot to tie the game and extend it in OT is probably going to be a catalyst for OT rule changes this offseason.

That’ll happen when your defense is on the field half of the first quarter to open the game

• Like 1
1 minute ago, devaster said:

And defenses are completely gas'd by that point. But go on. Offenses hold every advantage in OT.

Almost better off going with college rules considering defenses are worn down by that point.

Patriots won ... if Mahomes & the Chiefs got the TD you be singing a new tune. 

Stop crying 

• Like 2
Just now, lolcopter said:

That’ll happen when your defense is on the field half of the first quarter to open the game

Was either defense making a stop in OT? Be honest.

Just now, Gravy said:

Even a shortened quarter like other sports would make sense. 

Can't compare to every sport. NFL is best compared to Baseball. Which just keeps on going until it isn't tied at the end of an inning. Other sports have both offenses and defenses on the court/field/rink at the same time.

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

Wasn’t that a damn good game? Honest opinion, 

the better team won .. the6 dominated the whole game. 

Just admit it 

Honestly, Pats we’re not dominating the whole game. They had to make a comeback and were saved by a phantom roughing call. Still a great game though 

Just now, devaster said:

Can't compare to every sport. NFL is best compared to Baseball. Which just keeps on going until it isn't tied at the end of an inning. Other sports have both offenses and defenses on the court/field/rink at the same time.

The NFL is best compared to soccer.

Say what you want about soccer, but both sports take a brutal toll on the body. The sports OT rules need to incorporate a merciful conclusion.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Well, yeah play a full quarter is what I would like to see. Even an 8 minute quarter.

It is not comparable to soccer at all. I actually think the best way to solve OT in the playoffs is simply give each team a set number of offensive drives. Similar to penalty kicks in a way.

Was either defense making a stop in OT? Be honest.

There was very little defense in the second half — I agree with the idea that if the Chiefs had won the coin toss, Mahomes would have been this year’s Super Bowl MVP.

I don’t know how you correct that issue but it doesn’t seem fair that Mahomes never got to touch the ball again after leading the team to OT with 39 seconds left on the clock.

• Like 1
Just now, eg4190 said:

I don’t know how you correct that issue but it doesn’t seem fair that Mahomes never got to touch the ball again after leading the team to OT with 39 seconds left on the clock.

You are aware the ot rules just changed right 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Gravy said:

Honestly, Pats we’re not dominating the whole game. They had to make a comeback and were saved by a phantom roughing call. Still a great game though 

You have no clue you been dismissed report to the principal

525 yards to 290 

36 first downs to 18. 

All in the Patriots favor

Patriots also dominated possession 

that sure looks like domination 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, devaster said:

I can understand not going to college rules, because those are silly, but each offense should get at least one opportunity. If they both end in TD's then the game goes to sudden death and next score wins. They are already prepared to play forever until one team scores.

I'd prefer this over the current system, but I'd even take it a step further and see each team should have the same number of offensive drives for the game to end. So in this game, if the Pats start with the ball in OT, the game will end with KC having the ball (either because they did better or worse than what the Pats did on the previous drive). If they match what the Pats do, the game continues. The only exception would be a defensive score, which would automatically end the game. Would possibly mean longer OTs, but at least it's even. And if there is concern about the game dragging on that absolutely must be address (for safety reasons or whatever), then do a 2-pt convert shootout or something after a certain number of tied drives. But either way the coinflip shouldn't give one team a significant advantage over another team.

• Like 2