NBC Sports Edge Forums

7 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

What? Do you even follow the Patriots? The theme throughout the fan base and all through the media this year is that Brady doesn't look the same and they aren't nearly as good as they were. Most people are not picking them to win this game, Vegas included. They are the underdog this year whether some haters want to believe it or not.

What's "laughable" is when people discuss things they aren't completely familiar with while pretending they are.

Eh. Underdogs i'll give you that. However, people don't think they suck like Brady said and the underdog status is so minimal that there isn't really a need to mention it. On a neutral field, it would a pick em game. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brady is the best ever

That's why Brady is the GOAT and it's not close at this point 

“Somehow”...indeed.

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

What? Do you even follow the Patriots? The theme throughout the fan base and all through the media this year is that Brady doesn't look the same and they aren't nearly as good as they were. Most people are not picking them to win this game, Vegas included. They are the underdog this year whether some haters want to believe it or not.

What's "laughable" is when people discuss things they aren't completely familiar with while pretending they are.

Vegas picking against the #1 seed at home rarely ever happens, except for last season with the Eagles. It is a pick'em game for Vegas and the betting odds. The Patriots aren't actually considered underdogs.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, devaster said:

Patriots are fishing for motivation if they consider themselves an underdog. Most people are still picking the Patriots because of their playoff success and sustainability. Laughable really. They haven't been an underdog for some crazy amount of stretch of games. This isn't the Eagles from last season who had the likely MVP until his injury and the #1 seed in the NFC, yet they were underdogs in every home playoff game and the SB.

In the division picks thread just around 55 guys played ... we had a 33/22 in favor of the Chargers.

Yea I agree those 33 were fools. 

33 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Eh. Underdogs i'll give you that. However, people don't think they suck like Brady said and the underdog status is so minimal that there isn't really a need to mention it. On a neutral field, it would a pick em game. 

Obviously the label "suck" is pretty loose there. There is definitely chatter of it though throughout the NE fan base of a supposed "decline". Saying "they suck" is probably more meant as "the end is close", "they aren't as good as they were", etc. The team hears this along with what some say in the media. So Brady saying what he said was NOT inaccurate despite what you might think. Are they making more out of it than they should? Maybe, but who knows? And honestly who cares?

But it is a fact that there has been a lot of chatter about the supposed decline of Brady and the nearing of the end for the dynasty so to speak. If they want to use that to put on a chip on their shoulder and prove those people wrong, what's wrong with that?

As for the bolded part of what you said...What?

The silliest things bother people sometimes. I don't get it.

Edited by ThreadKiller
39 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

As for the bolded part of what you said...What?

The silliest things bother people sometimes. I don't get it.

Sigh..

When Vegas releases the spread for football games, the home team typically gets an extra 2.5-3 point advantage for playing at home. That is the advantage that Vegas (and the data) see for a team playing at home.

The Chiefs are a 3 point favorite in the game. However, this is with the home field advantage factored in. Basically, Vegas thinks the teams are evenly matched. Vegas isn't picking the Chiefs to win because they think they are better than the Patriots. They are picking the Chiefs to win because they believe the teams are evenly matched but KC is at home. Even then, Vegas isn't about picking who they think will win. Their spreads aren't meant to be predictions. They are designed to get an even amount of bets on both sides. So the Vegas argument isn't a valid one no matter how you look at it.

Also, a lot of "experts" are picking the Patriots. Again, they aren't really all that much of an underdog. Them winning wouldn't be an underdog story. Not even damn close.

6 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Sigh..

When Vegas releases the spread for football games, the home team typically gets an extra 2.5-3 point advantage for playing at home. That is the advantage that Vegas (and the data) see for a team playing at home.

The Chiefs are a 3 point favorite in the game. However, this is with the home field advantage factored in. Basically, Vegas thinks the teams are evenly matched. Vegas isn't picking the Chiefs to win because they think they are better than the Patriots. They are picking the Chiefs to win because they believe the teams are evenly matched but KC is at home. Even then, Vegas isn't about picking who they think will win. Their spreads aren't meant to be predictions. They are designed to get an even amount of bets on both sides. So the Vegas argument isn't a valid one no matter how you look at it.

Also, a lot of "experts" are picking the Patriots. Again, they aren't really all that much of an underdog. Them winning wouldn't be an underdog story. Not even damn close.

I'm aware of what a spread is and what is factored into them. No need to sigh, I was asking for clarification for your " On a neutral field, it would a pick em game". Due to it being a poorly constructed "sentence" and not wanting to bother figuring out what the hell you're talking about, I said "what?"

You keep pointing to only Vegas. I don't know how else to get you to understand that fans are discounting them more than ever. No one ever said it would be an "underdog story". What the hell are you even talking about? Stop trolling.

Edited by ThreadKiller
46 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Sigh..

I’m sorry you had to have your paper graded by ThreadKiller - I can think of no worse punishment for daring to contribute to a thread on a discussion forum.

1 hour ago, ThreadKiller said:

I'm aware of what a spread is and what is factored into them. No need to sigh, I was asking for clarification for your " On a neutral field, it would a pick em game". Due to it being a poorly constructed "sentence" and not wanting to bother figuring out what the hell you're talking about, I said "what?"

You keep pointing to only Vegas. I don't know how else to get you to understand that fans are discounting them more than ever. No one ever said it would be an "underdog story". What the hell are you even talking about? Stop trolling.

What is so hard to understand about that sentence? I'll explain as simply as I can.

If the game between the Chiefs and Patriots was played on a neutral field. You know, where no team is at home. Then it would be a flat out pick em game. That means the game would be an even spread and you just flat out pick the winner. It's really a simple sentence.

Also, stop throwing the word troll around everytime someone disagrees.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, devaster said:

Vegas picking against the #1 seed at home rarely ever happens, except for last season with the Eagles. It is a pick'em game for Vegas and the betting odds. The Patriots aren't actually considered underdogs.

Ok? What's your point here?

55 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

What is so hard to understand about that sentence? I'll explain as simply as I can.

If the game between the Chiefs and Patriots was played on a neutral field. You know, where no team is at home. Then it would be a flat out pick em game. That means the game would be an even spread and you just flat out pick the winner. It's really a simple sentence.

Also, stop throwing the word troll around everytime someone disagrees.

You aren't just disagreeing, you're trying to argue by being condescending. There's a massive difference. So yes, you're being a troll.

I know exactly what a pick 'em game is, thanks for your attempt to clarify though. What is so hard to understand about your sentence? Read it again and you tell me. If you can honestly say it's a sentence that makes sense than props to you. To me, it's an incoherent sentence with messed up grammar and with how little I care about what you have to say, I didn't care about spending time trying to decipher through its context. But yeah sure, "on a field it would a pick em".

SMH. Go away.

Just now, devaster said:

That the Patriots aren't seen as an underdog?

To Vegas. Ok...

Again, what's your point and why are you quoting me with it lol? I agree with Vegas not being the ones viewing them as underdogs so I don't understand why you're trying to debate it with me as if I don't?

2 hours ago, BMcP said:

I’m sorry you had to have your paper graded by ThreadKiller - I can think of no worse punishment for daring to contribute to a thread on a discussion forum.

Trying to contribute on a discussion forum and trying to start an argument on a discussion forum are two different things. GoHawks chose the latter.

3 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

To Vegas. Ok...

Again, what's your point and why are you quoting me with it lol? I agree with Vegas not being the ones viewing them as underdogs so I don't understand why you're trying to debate it with me as if I don't?

You are the one who initiated all of this by attacking me.

6 minutes ago, devaster said:

You are the one who initiated all of this by attacking me.

I didn't attack ya, sorry it came that way. I just disagree that it's laughable that Brady and the team are using what people are saying about them as fuel to put a chip on their shoulder as extra motivation to prove doubters wrong.

I don't understand why people keep clinging to Vegas and why Vegas giving an extra 3 point advantage to home teams would have anything to do with anything?

I said people in the fan base that I AM IN, in New England have been talking about Brady decline, Patriots decline, etc. Some in the media have too. These are indisputable facts. Brady obviously hears it, hence the "We're Still Here" slogan. But again, some of you want to just keep clinging to the Vegas line and claim it's a pick 'em game. Uh ok? What does that have to do with ANYTHING?

I don't get where people are getting confused with my stance. It's pretty clear.

Edited by ThreadKiller
1 hour ago, ThreadKiller said:

You aren't just disagreeing, you're trying to argue by being condescending. There's a massive difference. So yes, you're being a troll.

I know exactly what a pick 'em game is, thanks for your attempt to clarify though. What is so hard to understand about your sentence? Read it again and you tell me. If you can honestly say it's a sentence that makes sense than props to you. To me, it's an incoherent sentence with messed up grammar and with how little I care about what you have to say, I didn't care about spending time trying to decipher through its context. But yeah sure, "on a field it would a pick em".

SMH. Go away.

It’s not particularly difficult to figure out that a “be” was left out and the sentence should read “On a neutral field, it would BE a pick em game.” Seems like you found an issue with the sentence just to find an issue with the sentence. 

• Like 1

I'm honestly curious why a game that has everybody excited (fans, haters, neutral) gets people in this thread bickering over really insignificant details.

tenor.gif

Why is this, just boredom?

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I'm honestly curious why a game that has everybody excited (fans, haters, neutral) gets people in this thread bickering over really insignificant details.

tenor.gif

Why are neutral people excited about this game?  (😉)

5 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Why are neutral people excited about this game?  (😉)

If you can't get excited about

- a championship game where

- one of the best offenses of recent times plays

- one of the best dynasties of all time,

then it's probably time to switch channels.

Edit: did I just invite more pointless bickering?

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

tenor.gif

No detail is insignificant. For example, do you think Brady shaves his whole body? Or does he have a team of Mexican children do it for him?

• Haha 1