NBC Sports Edge Forums

4 hours ago, BMcP said:

“Hate” is a bit strong - maybe “dislike” is more appropriate.  Yeah, I dislike impenitent and repeated cheaters.  Go Chiefs.

This comment disqualifies you from having an unbiased discussion. Do your research.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brady is the best ever

That's why Brady is the GOAT and it's not close at this point 

“Somehow”...indeed.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Well, now that seems very angry... but I will take that as a complement. Because I get to still cheer for my team... and not have to suck out and cheer against a team that is in my head that I hate so much. You need a little weed...

You nailed it. Lots of little people who watch ESPN and get excited when a media hates the Patriots. It feeds their envy and lack of ability to think for themselves.

Hilarious how much energy people put into hating on the Patriots.

• Haha 1

the media hate the pats cause Belichick gives them NOTHING in press conferences.

fans hate the pats cause they are tired of the pats being in a conf championship or superbowl year after year after year......

i can see why people DISLIKE or hate them. their teams are constantly beat by them.

im curious which team will be the NEXT 2 decade dynasty after the Patriots.    if any.............. will be a while.

• Thanks 1
On 1/16/2019 at 2:16 PM, Iron-cock said:

Comparing the 07 "Eff you" Patriots who were trying to run up the score on everyone to what they normally do is kind of silly.

Compare Cassel 08 to Brady 09.  That's the difference Brady makes. 

Also consider that Cassel didn't start the first game, and played the last game in a windstorm with 75MPH gusts

Excluding those games, Cassel's 16 game pace would have went for about 4000 yards, 23 TDs, 13 INTs.

The next year Brady went for about 4400 yards, 28 TDs and 13 INTs.

So your GOAT is about 400 yards and 5 TDs better than Matt Cassel.

On 1/16/2019 at 4:11 PM, MoonBlaster said:

You could also just as easily make the argument that 09 should be viewed as the negative outlier for Brady because in 2010 he went right back to throwing 36 TDs, only 4 INTs and just under 4K yards... all with substantially less attempts than in 09.

Ok, since you agree Cassel 08 was almost as good as Tom Brady 09, but you think that is due to Brady having a "negative outlier" of a season...lets compare 2010?

Brady passed for 3900 yards, 36 TDs and 4 INTs.

Cassel passed for 3324 yards, 29 TDs and 7 INTs. (16 game pace)

So in comparing 08/09 your GOAT was about 400 yards and 5 TDs better than Matt Cassel.

In 2010 your GOAT was about 600 yards and 7 TDs better than Matt Cassel.   When Cassel was on a team with far inferior receiving options.

giphy.gif

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Like 1

I expect the Pats to pretty much mimic last weeks game plan. Brady was good last week but it was really Sony and JW that paved the way. I expect another steady dose of Sony against the Chiefs defense that finished 27th against the run (and that's while playing ahead a lot of the year).  if they can make the Chiefs respect the run, Brady should carve up the openings just like he did last week. If the Chiefs stop the run and Brady is forced into some third and longs and/or it becomes a shoot out, Chiefs will be in good shape.

2 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

the media hate the pats cause Belichick gives them NOTHING in press conferences.

fans hate the pats cause they are tired of the pats being in a conf championship or superbowl year after year after year......

i can see why people DISLIKE or hate them. their teams are constantly beat by them.

im curious which team will be the NEXT 2 decade dynasty after the Patriots.    if any.............. will be a while.

Agreed. But in my experience, knowledgable fans can dislike them or prefer to see someone else but they can still appreciate the greatness and respect it.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Ok, since you agree Cassel 08 was almost as good as Tom Brady 09, but you think that is due to Brady having a "negative outlier" of a season...lets compare 2010?

So in comparing 08/09 your GOAT was about 400 yards and 5 TDs better than Matt Cassel.

In 2010 your GOAT was about 600 yards and 7 TDs better than Matt Cassel.   When Cassel was on a team with far inferior receiving options.

giphy.gif

Comparing 2009 Patriots with Brady recovering from

ACL, declining Moss, limited offensive weapons and older defense 2008 version with Cassel is dumb. Schedule, circumstance, supporting cast can’t be ignored.

What is your point here? To diminish what Brady has done? Or are you just trolling? I assume the latter.

21 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

giphy.gif

Again, with the extrapolation of stats we're giving Cassel credit for something he didn't even do, and we're just gonna pretend that a 9 td difference isn't a significant amount in the NFL? That's almost an entire months worth of TD production. So yes that amount is significant. We're also just gonna ignore Cassel's 58% completion percentage that year which would've been Bradys career low? 

I get what you're trying to accomplish with your argument but it's a pretty far fetched take. I do enjoy the banter though while waiting for the game tomorrow.

• Thanks 1
On January 18, 2019 at 5:56 AM, ThreadKiller said:

Hilarious how much energy people put into hating on the Patriots.

I'll say it again...

"it's very easy to hate the Patriots, it actually takes very little energy."

Edited by psygolf
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, psygolf said:

I'll say it again...

"it's very easy to hate the Patriots, it actually takes very little energy."

Fact. Hate requires energy.

I’m a Patriots fan and I don’t worry about other teams. Couldn’t. Care. Less. Disliking other teams due to a rival are one thing. Hating a team just to hate them without offering respect is another. And it’s pathetic tbh. Fans of other teams spend so much of their time worrying about the Patriots. “I’ll say it again”: That requires energy.

No need to be so combative, man. You hate the Patriots. Cool?

EDIT: I take pride in doing my own research and not allowing ESPN’s narrative (using them as an example) to mold my opinions for me. With how the media is these days, it seems like this is how A LOT of people form their “opinions” on things.

Edited by ThreadKiller
22 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

I’m a Patriots fan and I don’t worry about other teams. Couldn’t. Care. Less. Disliking other teams due to a rival are one thing. Hating a team just to hate them without offering respect is another. And it’s pathetic tbh. Fans of other teams spend so much of their time worrying about the Patriots. “I’ll say it again”: That requires energy.

EDIT: I take pride in doing my own research and not allowing ESPN’s narrative (using them as an example) to mold my opinions for me. With how the media is these days, it seems like this is how A LOT of people form their “opinions” on things.

You should stop being so prideful and defensive when someone tells you that “your kids are ugly”...I never said I hate the Pats, and I expect them to win.

8 minutes ago, psygolf said:

You should stop being so prideful and defensive when someone tells you that “your kids are ugly”...I never said I hate the Pats, and I expect them to win.

Haha. Whatever the hell that means.

Go Patriots.

Just now, ThreadKiller said:

Haha. Whatever the hell that means.

Go Patriots.

If one were to examine the posts in Patriots/Brady threads...one would probably notice that the posts from their fans are exponentially longer than those from the haters.

Seems to take a lot more energy to defend NE from my window.

• Haha 1
On 1/18/2019 at 6:54 AM, ThreadKiller said:

This comment disqualifies you from having an unbiased discussion. Do your research.

Let’s be honest - no one on this thread, particularly since you started killing it, has been having an “unbiased discussion.”

But by all means, just keep condescending to people at this point - it’s gone past exhausting into humorous again!  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, ThreadKiller said:

tl;dr