Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Philip Rivers 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

On 1/15/2019 at 8:23 PM, joshua18 said:

 

Haha. What has he ever won? I'll still take Eli and his 2 SB MVPs any day of the week. You can have Rivers, his 0-8 record versus Brady and no rings.

Right because QBs win SBs all by themselves. Not like it's a team sport.

If you were smart you'd stop digging that already massive hole - oops wait nm :lol:

I don't care for him but Rivers is a good - really good - QB. Fantasy wise? Solid enough if you're putting QB priority down the list, but nothing amazing. If he could up those stats a notch or ran for a TD or 3 he'd be upper tier. I'd be quite happy with him if I'm streaming or as my backup if not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RIP. Terrible excuse of a QB.

Yes, he is. Was a jerk to Brees, and for someone who can't even win his division has been very overrated his entire career.   And the "passion" angle is only a bonus for non-black players. 

Bounce back city, population Philip 

If people like Winston...and he has 3 pass-catchers that are ranked within the top 5 rounds in ADP...

Yet Phil also has 3 pass-catchers that are ranked within the top 6 rounds in ADP...and a RB that's somewhere there...

Why are people sleeping on Rivers again? Could be looking at a career-high TD season

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

If people like Winston...and he has 3 pass-catchers that are ranked within the top 5 rounds in ADP...

Yet Phil also has 3 pass-catchers that are ranked within the top 6 rounds in ADP...and a RB that's somewhere there...

Why are people sleeping on Rivers again? Could be looking at a career-high TD season

 

Because his OL (which has been very good the past 2 seasons) is now below average, Allen is hurt (again), and he's a statue. 

I can stream a QB with Rivers' ceiling (low-end QB1) off the WW. Better to take shots on QBs with actual top-5 upside, which Rivers doesn't have.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joshua18 said:

 

Because his OL (which has been very good the past 2 seasons) is now below average, Allen is hurt (again), and he's a statue. 

I can stream a QB with Rivers' ceiling (low-end QB1) off the WW. Better to take shots on QBs with actual top-5 upside, which Rivers doesn't have.

 

Keenan will be ready to go Week 1. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, nicksti said:

The reality of owning Philip Rivers

  • He works perfectly in a zero QB draft strategy
  • He plays well at home
  • He will give you some poor games when you least expect it (Home vs CIN Week 14 2018)


So he is who he is. This is my second straight year drafting him as I draft QBs low. If Keenan Allen & Hunter Henry can stay healthy and Mike Williams continues to improve then he will be a practical pick. 

 

Better to just draft Lamar Jackson (who has a legit high ceiling and a much higher-floor barring injury) and stream QB if Jackson busts. 

 

Rivers for his career has been reliably unstartable against KC and Denver and good (not great) against everyone else.  Last year was the first year he didn't completely implode against KC and Denver. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been seriously considering dropping Rivers in my league not because of his ability but because he's now without his te Hunter Henry and his #2 wr Mike Williams.  All he has left are Keenan Allen and Austin Ekeler.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I've been seriously considering dropping Rivers in my league not because of his ability but because he's now without his te Hunter Henry and his #2 wr Mike Williams.  All he has left are Keenan Allen and Austin Ekeler.

 

He's basically turning into a mid qb2. This whole offense is going in the gutter

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

 

I actually like his matchup and it has shootout potential, I just don't know if I want to put my entire season in his hands to arm-punt it away in the 4th quarter.

Thanks, I've got Winston and I just wish he didn't have that fracture. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...