Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Golden Tate III 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes he's in the protocol.  This close to the playoffs, these concussion injuries seem to keep guys out 3 weeks or more, so it's going to be hard to keep him rostered unless we hear something more positive in a day or so.  He's been steady production though, can't complain about that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, munygon2 said:

Yes he's in the protocol.  This close to the playoffs, these concussion injuries seem to keep guys out 3 weeks or more, so it's going to be hard to keep him rostered unless we hear something more positive in a day or so.  He's been steady production though, can't complain about that.

Some guys miss a week. Some guys don’t miss any games. We just have to wait and see. I wouldn’t drop him in PPR unless they say he’s done for the year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I reluctantly dropped him because I couldn't see starting him this week and needed the roster space.  Manning back in along with Engram likely coming back....  Too much risk for week one of the playoffs.  It sucks, because I was REALLY looking forward to rolling him out against Philly when I was planning earlier in the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, esprits4s said:

I reluctantly dropped him because I couldn't see starting him this week and needed the roster space.  Manning back in along with Engram likely coming back....  Too much risk for week one of the playoffs.  It sucks, because I was REALLY looking forward to rolling him out against Philly when I was planning earlier in the season.

Own him and he has juicy match ups. His selling point was lack of targets stealers in Shephard and especially Engram over the middle where he works. Not sure about his value now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Own him and he has juicy match ups. His selling point was lack of targets stealers in Shephard and especially Engram over the middle where he works. Not sure about his value now.

 

He's a hold if you have the space, but I can't see starting him this week outside of really deep leagues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, esprits4s said:

 

He's a hold if you have the space, but I can't see starting him this week outside of really deep leagues.

He’s had double digit PPR points every week except for his very first one where he played like half the snaps. He’s a must start if active in 12 team or deeper leagues. Unless you have insane depth. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

He’s had double digit PPR points every week except for his very first one where he played like half the snaps. He’s a must start if active in 12 team or deeper leagues. Unless you have insane depth. 

Yeah im not dropping until I see what this scenario looks like with Eli and Tate vs Shepard in the slot.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

He’s had double digit PPR points every week except for his very first one where he played like half the snaps. He’s a must start if active in 12 team or deeper leagues. Unless you have insane depth. 

 

Disagree.  The Giants were short handed every one of those weeks.  Now Shepherd, Engram, and Barkley are all healthy at the same time.  Plus Manning, who hasn't thrown a regular season pass to Tate, is likely to start.  Tate could have a good game, but it is a very risky.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Corey In Da House said:

Yeah im not dropping until I see what this scenario looks like with Eli and Tate vs Shepard in the slot.

Agreed, ideally if you have Tate, you can sit him for a week and see how things play out.  Engram coming back is another factor.  I don't think Tate would completely disappear, but I could see Tate only getting 4-5 targets versus the 8-9ish or whatever targets he was getting before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ZappB said:

Agreed, ideally if you have Tate, you can sit him for a week and see how things play out.  Engram coming back is another factor.  I don't think Tate would completely disappear, but I could see Tate only getting 4-5 targets versus the 8-9ish or whatever targets he was getting before.

Which plummets his value. He was already loses targets/catches slightly and got bailed out by tds. Now throw in Engram roaming the middle. Plus against weak teams how much are theu gonna be throwing?

Edited by nmartinez12443
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...