Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Chardo said:

I draft 4th next week.  Big 4 has become the Big 3.  Who do I take, assuming Barkley, McCaffrey, and Kamara are gone?

 

CHUBB. 

Hunt barred from facilities 'til week 10, and had sports hernia surgery yesterday

come join us over there ... we cookin' a monster season up - FULL. ON. CHUBBY.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why? Because he's trying to get the money he deserves before it's too late? It's laughable to me that mediocre QBs get 30+mill a year and Zeke is getting nickel and dimed for wanting 15 mill, which is

Zeke when he finally signs  

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Drafting both Zeke in Round 1, and Pollard in Round 6 is a losing proposition.  Would you rather have 1 startable Cowboys running back, or say: Deandre Hopkins and James White?

so what do u do? draft zeke and not pollard?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The_Truth_Returns said:

Drafting both Zeke in Round 1, and Pollard in Round 6 is a losing proposition.  Would you rather have 1 startable Cowboys running back, or say: Deandre Hopkins and James White?

No way white lasts until the 6th in full ppr. Try Coleman or ekeler

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone else think this is just mind games? I think he plays week 1, if not week 1 then week 2-3 TOPS. week 6 no way in my opinion but what do I know. just seems like a smoke screen. if he falls to me at 6, I will take him

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Drafting both Zeke in Round 1, and Pollard in Round 6 is a losing proposition.  Would you rather have 1 startable Cowboys running back, or say: Deandre Hopkins and James White?

Why not Ezekiel Elliott and James White? There's no rule that says you have to replace your unavailable starter with their handcuff. If you draft 6 running backs and don't waste your time grabbing nonsense like 2nd TEs, 2nd QBs, and 2nd Defenses, you can usually easily find 2 starting RBs and an RB or WR to flex even when one of your RBs is out or on bye. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, floppy said:

so what do u do? draft zeke and not pollard?

 

Personally, neither unless the price corrects on Zeke.  1st Round seems foolish to me, and completely ignoring the Bell situation from last year.  I know, I know, different contract situations.  But Zeke isn't going to return just to be in the same exact situation again next year.  I get the feeling he'd rather skip the year, and force a trade in the offseason, if he is not going to be paid as the top RB.  The longer Zeke is MIA, the likelier (in my opinion) that he will not return at all.  The year tolling on his contract means nothing when there is another one right behind it.

 

I know nothing about Pollard to be honest, and won't pretend to have a grasp on what he could become, I just know guys like James White and Duke Johnson are going in the 6th round, and seem like safer known quantities if you were debating rolling the dice and blocking the Zeke owner with Pollard.  I'd let this be someone else's problem, personally.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

 

Personally, neither unless the price corrects on Zeke.  1st Round seems foolish to me, and completely ignoring the Bell situation from last year.  I know, I know, different contract situations.  But Zeke isn't going to return just to be in the same exact situation again next year.  I get the feeling he'd rather skip the year, and force a trade in the offseason, if he is not going to be paid as the top RB.  The longer Zeke is MIA, the likelier (in my opinion) that he will not return at all.  The year tolling on his contract means nothing when there is another one right behind it.

 

I know nothing about Pollard to be honest, and won't pretend to have a grasp on what he could become, I just know guys like James White and Duke Johnson are going in the 6th round, and seem like safer known quantities if you were debating rolling the dice and blocking the Zeke owner with Pollard.  I'd let this be someone else's problem, personally.

ill take zeke 1.06, I guess to each their own. if he shows up week 3 hes still a steal. james white and duke are like 4-5th in ppr ive seen

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, floppy said:

ill take zeke 1.06, I guess to each their own. if he shows up week 3 hes still a steal. james white and duke are like 4-5th in ppr ive seen

 

Fair enough, was more trying to make the point that you can get 2 quality plug-in starters rather than 1.  Same would work if you say David Johnson and a 6th Round WR or something.  1st and 6th picks is a lot of draft capital for 1 position on your lineup.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah you don't have to reach for Pollard in the 6th. You can get any rb or even wr to flex for Zeke if you take 2 RBS after him. I took ridley. The problem with this is it requires you take 6 rb/wrs in the first 6 rounds hurting your chances at a decent TE. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TuesdaymorningQB said:

Why not Ezekiel Elliott and James White? There's no rule that says you have to replace your unavailable starter with their handcuff.

 

Because the assumption here is that Pollard will blow White out of the water for those weeks that he is replacing Zeke.  Of course, that could not be true...we're basing it on preseason usage and performance...but that's the argument.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Yeah you don't have to reach for Pollard in the 6th. You can get any rb or even wr to flex for Zeke if you take 2 RBS after him. I took ridley. The problem with this is it requires you take 6 rb/wrs in the first 6 rounds hurting your chances at a decent TE. 

Bingo

 

its nice to have pollard because the timing will work out perfectly with Zekes return...but White gives u a good projection all season.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

 

Because the assumption here is that Pollard will blow White out of the water for those weeks that he is replacing Zeke.  Of course, that could not be true...we're basing it on preseason usage and performance...but that's the argument.

 

9 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

 

Fair enough, was more trying to make the point that you can get 2 quality plug-in starters rather than 1.  Same would work if you say David Johnson and a 6th Round WR or something.  1st and 6th picks is a lot of draft capital for 1 position on your lineup.  

both understandable.. I think if I took zeke (its between him and DJ for me) then I wouldn't reach for pollard until like the 7th. if hes there, hes there.. but also like this guy says.. who knows what pollard even is..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

 

This is exactly why I am taking Pollard in the 6th if I end up with Zeke.  People like YOU!  <ha>

 

That's another problem with taking Zeke though...You're almost forced to reach a bit for Pollard.

That 6th round pick might possibly be one of the second tier TE's like Howard, Engram, Henry..... 

Or it could be some other good player.  I just say one of those TE's because that always seems to be right around where those guys are going.

The point is....That even if Zeke does come back after a few games, that's 6th round pick turns into a pick you threw away because Pollard becomes pretty worthless except as a handcuff for Zeke.  That pick could've been a player that could be helping you much more.

I just think that's something people underestimate a bit.  They think, I'll take Zeke then just take Pollard.  Well, there's a cost to drafting Pollard also...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

 

That's another problem with taking Zeke though...You're almost forced to reach a bit for Pollard.

That 6th round pick might possibly be one of the second tier TE's like Howard, Engram, Henry..... 

Or it could be some other good player.  I just say one of those TE's because that always seems to be right around where those guys are going.

The point is....That even if Zeke does come back after a few games, that's 6th round pick turns into a pick you threw away because Pollard becomes pretty worthless except as a handcuff for Zeke.  That pick could've been a player that could be helping you much more.

I just think that's something people underestimate a bit.  They think, I'll take Zeke then just take Pollard.  Well, there's a cost to drafting Pollard also...

who says hes not back by week 1? and like it was said above. theres no absolute need for pollard just because u have zeke.. grab your TE. pollard will prob play a few weeks. IF that

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, floppy said:

anyone else think this is just mind games? I think he plays week 1, if not week 1 then week 2-3 TOPS. week 6 no way in my opinion but what do I know. just seems like a smoke screen. if he falls to me at 6, I will take him

 

Your guess is as good as anyone's. Nobody knows how this is going to play out besides Zeke. I don't think he plays week 1 if he doesn't report by sunday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, floppy said:

who says hes not back by week 1? and like it was said above. theres no absolute need for pollard just because u have zeke.. grab your TE. pollard will prob play a few weeks. IF that

Lol did you even play last year

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Eddie Mush said:

 

Your guess is as good as anyone's. Nobody knows how this is going to play out besides Zeke. I don't think he plays week 1 if he doesn't report by sunday.

they said by Wednesday FYI but I agree. its crunch time. hoping he waits until after I draft sunday mid day :) cmon zeke go enjoy your labor day, come back signed monday

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Lol did you even play last year

is that you comparing zeke to bell's situation? I assume u are trolling or just know nothing? YOU DONT NEED TO PICK UP YOUR RUNNING BACKS HANDCUFF. I know people are programmed to think that but would u spend a 7th round pick on a guy playing 2-3 weeks or would u rather your best available tight end. use your noggin. this situation is completely diff

Edited by floppy
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, floppy said:

they said by Wednesday FYI but I agree. its crunch time. hoping he waits until after I draft sunday mid day :) cmon zeke go enjoy your labor day, come back signed monday

 

You sweet summer child.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, floppy said:

is that you comparing zeke to bell's situation? I assume u are trolling or just know nothing? YOU DONT NEED TO PICK UP YOUR RUNNING BACKS HANDCUFF. I know people are programmed to think that but would u spend a 7th round pick on a guy playing 2-3 weeks or would u rather your best available tight end. use your noggin. this situation is completely diff

Lol sure bud

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

 

He's very much worth it if he's putting up an average of over 20ppg leading you into the playoffs.  If you're just looking at total points for the year then you're right but that's not the best way to be looking at him for a draft this year.

 

But if he misses 6 games, returns Week 7 and scores 20 points, then goes on bye in Week 8 -- now most of the fantasy season is over and you might be out of the playoffs.  Zeke will be putting up lots of points on the consolation ladder if he extends the holdout that far.

I'm not grabbing Zeke unless he falls to the third/fourth round range, which obviously isn't going to happen.  I'd much rather grab Nuk or Julio or something if I'm picking at the end of the first and Zeke is still on the board.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...