NBC Sports Edge Forums

Melvin Gordon 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, Eazail said:

The irony of where we are today. A few weeks ago we thought Zeke would be the one coming back and Gordon sitting and now it's the reverse 😂

Unless there is news a lot of us are missing, I am starting to believe you may not know what the word "irony" means.

• Haha 3
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My map of Southern California.

It's important to note that both Gordon and Zeke are still under contract (unlike when Bell held out), so they have to play this year (or retire).  If they don't play, they will still have the same am

Melvin had a few good runs here or there but Austin Ek would have done the same if not MORE on those same runs. Austin only got 8 touches and still managed to find the end zone. austin + targets

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Drafting tomorrow and this situation has such a ridiculous number of unknowns. Alright so he might be traded. But would be drafting him with no idea where that would be or the situation. Would have to assume that whoever trades for him and is willing to give him the kind of contract he’s wanting would be planning on using him heavily. But who is that? The Bucs?

1 minute ago, phillyfan461 said:

Have to think about who needs RB help: Tampa, Houston, Buffalo come to mind at first.  Curious to what cap room they all have

Would Houston make a move for him after acquiring Hyde?

3 minutes ago, phillyfan461 said:

Have to think about who needs RB help: Tampa, Houston, Buffalo come to mind at first.  Curious to what cap room they all have

Buffalo seems to want to roll with Singletary. Houston has cap room but just traded for 2 (much lesser) backs. Tampa would seem to be a sweet spot....

1 minute ago, ponchsox said:

Would Houston make a move for him after acquiring Hyde?

I doubt Hyde would cause them not to make that move. But both Hyde and Duke? Melvin on top all of a sudden becomes a really busy backfield. Figure Melvin would be 1st and 2nd down with Duke on 3rd and Hyde barely seeing the field.

Not sure I want to invest in Melvin heavily in that situation behind a poor OL after running behind a great OL at LAC. He would have a lot of TD upside though. 

11 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Wow second worst possible(hold out to week 10 worst) news for somebody that drafted Gordon.  Gordon is a good RB in the near perfect situation.  He is going to have a hard time being even a top 10 rb on a new team.  

1 minute ago, youngrice said:

Wow second worst possible(hold out to week 10 worst) news for somebody that drafted Gordon.  Gordon is a good RB in the near perfect situation.  He is going to have a hard time being even a top 10 rb on a new team.  

Hmmm I dunno. Chargers line sucks. Rivers and his trust in him is huge for him though. I think Tampa under Arians would be a lateral move at least for this year.

Just now, McMars said:

Are the Colts  an option  ???  They would be a good option  I would think .......

Not really colts are fine with the trio they have and need to figure out which direction they are going now not waste money on a barely upgrade at rb 

3 minutes ago, Bmore86 said:

Hmmm I dunno. Chargers line sucks. Rivers and his trust in him is huge for him though. I think Tampa under Arians would be a lateral move at least for this year.

Yup and LT Okung is out for at least the first 6 games now, possibly longer.  

Just now, Bmore86 said:

As a team they averaged 4.7 yds a carry last year.  All three Rb's that got work averaged over 4 yds a carry.  Plus Rivers is a smart veteran QB that involves his RB's heavily in the passing game.  Something Winston has not shown.

7 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Not sure I want to invest in Melvin heavily in that situation behind a poor OL after running behind a great OL at LAC. He would have a lot of TD upside though. 

Since when was the LAC O-line even decent, much less “great”?!

On 8/1/2019 at 9:12 AM, oliminator123 said:

He's requesting a trade? Any realistic arguments this would actually happen? Or is he just fanning the flames?

They have granted Melvin Gordon the right to seek a trade.

Word is the team is looking to pick-up Lesean Mccoy and run a RRBC.    This is NOT good news for Gordon owners.

4 minutes ago, youngrice said:

As a team they averaged 4.7 yds a carry last year.  All three Rb's that got work averaged over 4 yds a carry.  Plus Rivers is a smart veteran QB that involves his RB's heavily in the passing game.  Something Winston has not shown.

Props to the team, Rivers, and the downfield weapons allowing that. Their OL still graded poorly over the last few years and is anticipated to be poor again. I read somewhere that Arians backs average 100 targets a year. I’d be good with that situation for Melvin.

2 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Word is the team is looking to pick-up Lesean Mccoy and run a RRBC.    This is NOT good news for Gordon owners.

Source on that about Shady?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Got a link to the McCoy news? They seem pretty happy with Ekeler and Jackson.

3 minutes ago, Bmore86 said:

Source on that about Shady?

Yahoo Sports

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Chargers have granted holdout RB Melvin Gordon permission to seek a trade.LeSean McCoy has already been linked to the Chargers following his release from the Bills, and L.A. could just go with a trio of Shady Austin Ekeler, and Justin Jackson 

Edited by Sivaro
  • Like 1