NBC Sports Edge Forums

Melvin Gordon 2019 Outlook

Texans/Chiefs/Eagles/Jags/TB/packers all teams that could be interested that could actually raise his value. MG3 isnt going to have much trade value figuring hes a RB and whoever trades for him is going to have to pay him. Maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick type trade.  In general teams who can contend are going to be most interested in trading and paying a RB like MG3 to go for it. 

Edited by buzzkilloton
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My map of Southern California.

It's important to note that both Gordon and Zeke are still under contract (unlike when Bell held out), so they have to play this year (or retire).  If they don't play, they will still have the same am

Melvin had a few good runs here or there but Austin Ek would have done the same if not MORE on those same runs. Austin only got 8 touches and still managed to find the end zone. austin + targets

Posted Images

5 hours ago, McMars said:

So the Dolphins just acquired 2 First round draft picks  ......could they be cooking up something .....???? 

Yes, it's called a dumpster fire. I so pity Fins fans! They are clearly playing for next year and beyond, so why sign Gordon?

Gordon is a fool, if for no other reason than listening to his agent(s) who are also fools. If he came back to me as SD mgt going "OK I'll sign for $10M now" I would go "oh sorry, it's $9M now. Take it or leave it." He needs them more than they need him. And the teams most likely to show interest are probably places he wouldn't want to go.

3 minutes ago, buzzkilloton said:

Teams that depending on cap  could be interested in adding a player like MG3 to content for a superbowl with.

Oh, so it's teams you think should be interested, I thought you meant there was news about them showing interest.

The Bucs are the only ones that make sense on that list. Frankly Gordon tends to be overrated IMO.

9 minutes ago, The_Real_Deal said:

Why in the hell would they trade him to....a division rival? Huh?

It would be brilliant actually.  If the Chargers could get the Chiefs to sign an overrated RB to a deal it would cripple the Chiefs long term ability to sign the actual good players they have on their offense.  I think the Chargers should make the conditions of the trade that Melvin Gordon gets 7 years, 140M guaranteed, mostly backloaded.  Patrick Mahomes and Tyreek Hill extensions?  No way, Melvin Gordon got PAID.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

He’s a product of his surroundings. And his YPC has never been anything special. I believe its hovers around 4.0 avg . His volume and TD production is what makes him so valuable in fantasy. Gordon is a great back by all means, but yeah nothing specular. Which is why he needs to sign that new contract @ 10m a year and be done with it. Tired of all this holdout crap going on in the NFL. Starting to ruin the sport, make a new CBA and address the issues already. 3 year max rookie RB contracts , 5 years is ridiculous. 

The Chargers have played this pretty well. Every team has basically settled their backfields and used their cap space, and only now they'll let MG try (and probably fail) to find a market for himself. Then MG has to either a) continue holding out to an uncertain end point or b) put his tail between his legs and turn up.

There aren't many teams who have cap space, are "only a RB away" from competing, and would feel comfortable parting with a pick and then outlaying what MG wants on a contract. Probably further proof that the rookie RB draft economics are broken but there's really not much that can be done in this regard until the new CBA comes up for negotiation.

7 hours ago, bomont said:

Oh, so it's teams you think should be interested, I thought you meant there was news about them showing interest.

The Bucs are the only ones that make sense on that list. Frankly Gordon tends to be overrated IMO.

The Chiefs just gave 4mill to the corpse of L.Mccoy so clearly they would of made sense before that when i made that post. Super bowl windows arent very big when you have a chance you want to go for it. Adding him to a team like the Packers or Texans makes them way more dangerous.

I actually think MG3 is underrated from what I hear the fantasy community say about him. He was running better last season then any season of his career.  His vision and cutting ability last season looked much improved from prior years before he got hurt. Hence him averaging 5.1 yac but his longest run being only 34 yards on the season. 

Edited by buzzkilloton
7 hours ago, RunCMC said:

He’s a product of his surroundings. And his YPC has never been anything special. I believe its hovers around 4.0 avg . His volume and TD production is what makes him so valuable in fantasy. Gordon is a great back by all means, but yeah nothing specular. Which is why he needs to sign that new contract @ 10m a year and be done with it. Tired of all this holdout crap going on in the NFL. Starting to ruin the sport, make a new CBA and address the issues already. 3 year max rookie RB contracts , 5 years is ridiculous. 

He has only had+4ypc 1 time. Otherwise he is a volume guy

2 hours ago, itslarry said:

He has only had+4ypc 1 time. Otherwise he is a volume guy

Yep. He did look better as a all around back last year though, and since volume is king, I think everyone who has MG3 shares need him to stay with LA. 

• Like 1

I too believe he will hold out until week 10 to play just enough to accrue the year of service. This backfield seems like more of a 1A/1B type as I don't see Ekler taking this over fully not to mention the duration of the whole season.

I'm hoping for a trade... I feel sorry for people here who heavily invested in him...

On a brighter note, it's very possible another team trades for him soon due to his talent. He's a great stash on IR and could seriously make your team an ultimate missmatch by Week 6. 

15 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Agree that he's a product of his surroundings, but not in the way you believe.  Having been a diehard Chargers fan for over a decade before Spanos jumped ship, I can say that Gordon underperformed because his O-Line was absolute s--- the first couple years of his career.  Last year was by far the best line he's played behind and he performed marginally better.

1 minute ago, Sivaro said:

Huge news.... Melvin went from hero to zero., and he has destroyed a great many Fantasy teams.🤬

Destroyed? LOL.