Melvin Gordon 2019 Outlook

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My map of Southern California.

It's important to note that both Gordon and Zeke are still under contract (unlike when Bell held out), so they have to play this year (or retire).  If they don't play, they will still have the same am

Melvin had a few good runs here or there but Austin Ek would have done the same if not MORE on those same runs. Austin only got 8 touches and still managed to find the end zone. austin + targets

Posted Images

Is he a stop , drop , and roll  candidate?   Is there ANY reason to hold this guy on your roster. 

It burns, it really BURNS  🔥🔥

I certainly regret drafting him (56th overall). Thought it'd work out, or work out by week 3/4 but that's a fairly strong statement by the Chargers GM. We'll see how Melvin responds. My best hope is for a trade because I don't think he'd swallow his pride after those comments.

Edited by PhilaFanBoy
21 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

Classic negotiation ploy by the Chargers. There is really no way for Gordon to win. Even sitting out he will lose money like Bell did. We should be seeing him soon.

20 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

He may as well accept his 10 MIL and report.  He's not winning this battle.

Or he'll just sit out until week 10 in order to preserve his body, avoid potential injury, and not put a future contract in jeopardy.

1 minute ago, RustyMiller said:

I wonder if the GMs statement was because MG couldn't find a trade partner and came back asking for the 10mill.

If so, that would be cold blooded.

And well deserved,    That would be great if true. 😝

11 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

Or he'll just sit out until week 10 in order to preserve his body, avoid potential injury, and not put a future contract in jeopardy.

This smells like a Le’Veon Bell situation to me. Gordon would be extremely disgruntled coming back.

Part of me wants to blame the Chargers but honestly, a pay raise from 5 million to 10 million is very generous. And pays him like a top 10 running back. If Gordon sits out the season, I guarantee you, he won't get over 7-8 million next spring. He'll be 27 years old with 3 years left before hitting 30. And whereas a 27 year old LeVeon got paid, and Melvin is an elite talent, LeVeon can make a case to be one of the top 5 running backs over the last decade.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

Part of me wants to blame the Chargers but honestly, a pay raise from 5 million to 10 million is very generous. And pays him like a top 10 running back. If Gordon sits out the season, I guarantee you, he won't get over 7-8 million next spring. He'll be 27 years old with 3 years left before hitting 30. And whereas a 27 year old LeVeon got paid, and Melvin is an elite talent, LeVeon can make a case to be one of the top 5 running backs over the last decade.

if the Chargers really wanted him back-  meet him in the middle with like a 3/30/20 guaranteed.    Bump that pay and give him something for the future JIC the worst happens.  

8 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

This smells like a Le’Veon Bell situation to me. Gordon would be extremely disgruntled coming back.

The difference is bell wasn't under contract. Gordon is literally trapped in LAC another season if he doesn't report by week ten. He could fake an injury, the team could mark him inactive for the six games, but there is zero reason for him to not report by then.

I just don't even know if he'd get a full-time role if he does come back soon.

I know this 'GM-speak' and perhaps even a message sent to Gordon from the GM via a reporter, but as someone who has Melvin, I want him out of Los Angeles ASAP (which I feel is very unlikely)

Edited by PhilaFanBoy
1 minute ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

I just don't even know if he'd get a full-time role if he does come back soon.

I know this 'GM-speak' and perhaps even a message sent to Gordon from the GM via a reporter, but as someone who has Melvin, I want him out of Los Angeles ASAP (which I feel is very unlikely)

So happy that they offered LeSean McCoy virtually the same amount as KC?

That is GM speak. They wanted McCoy bad.

At this point, if you have Gordon, you should have Eckler so there should be little worry with McCoy off the market.

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

if the Chargers really wanted him back-  meet him in the middle with like a 3/30/20 guaranteed.    Bump that pay and give him something for the future JIC the worst happens.  

The last offer I heard from the Chargers was $10.5 mil/yr with incentives to get him over $11 mil. Very fair offer for a guy who’s played 1 full season in 4 & career 4.0 ypc. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

Ekeler is going to be a weekly RB2. Nice!

Much rather have Gordon as my RB1 and Eck as a RB3/Flex in PPR.

Edited by nonstopfan
1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

Much rather have Gordon as my RB1 and Eck as a RB3/Flex in PPR.

lol for sure. Eckler has never been a stud the way MG3 was. If anything, I think the RB carries will shift to Jackson over the first few games. He seems like a more pure back to me from watching.

23 hours ago, The_Real_Deal said:

I wonder what Gordon’s finances are, I think he sits til week 10 comes back and they probably deactivate him. I think bridges have been burned. I think Gordon owners myself included have to hope for a trade. 

1 hour ago, FooserX said:

lol for sure. Eckler has never been a stud the way MG3 was. If anything, I think the RB carries will shift to Jackson over the first few games. He seems like a more pure back to me from watching.

Ekeler has posted a higher ypa and ypr in each of his two seasons of limited action than Gordon has ever posted in his four years of extensive work. Perhaps Gordon isn't as good as you seem to think.

3 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

Ekeler has posted a higher ypa and ypr in each of his two seasons of limited action than Gordon has ever posted in his four years of extensive work. Perhaps Gordon isn't as good as you seem to think.

This argument is terrible, and an embarrassing one to make.