Melvin Gordon 2019 Outlook

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My map of Southern California.

It's important to note that both Gordon and Zeke are still under contract (unlike when Bell held out), so they have to play this year (or retire).  If they don't play, they will still have the same am

Melvin had a few good runs here or there but Austin Ek would have done the same if not MORE on those same runs. Austin only got 8 touches and still managed to find the end zone. austin + targets

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

At most I don't see him getting more than Justin Jackson touches which is around 7-9 touches.

I don't see how you can play him with any confidence with that kind of usage.

Gordon’s gonna get more than that. Probably a GL TD too

12 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Gordon’s gonna get more than that. Probably a GL TD too

GL TD maybe. I can see them using Troymaine Pope as well.

It's his first game back.  Though Ezekiel split carries with Pollard in his first game back 13/13, so maybe there's a chance.  

For me I’m just glad he’s playing this week so next week is a more confident play after knocking off the rust. I’d rather keep him on the bench knowing next week will be startable. No sense in being greedy since I was starting to worry that he wouldn’t be playing games till week 10 or even week 13 and that by then Ekeler could have established himself as the Chargers current and future at RB. Him being back early is a gift and playing this week is a miracle in itself. Let’s just be happy he’ll be on the RB1-2 map next week. This week is a gamble not worth taking versus your flex or even the best player on your bench. I wouldn’t be banking on a GL TD as it probably doesn’t make sense to put him into that collision course without much contact in practice yet. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Newtown said:

If he's active, I don't want to see you anywhere near the goal line. With all due respect. 😆

I actually sprained my ankle today and am in a boot. No joke. No need to worry!

Here’s the blurb:

mjkp64 is out for Sunday’s matchup with Miami with an ankle sprain.

Simply devastating. Mjkp64 was walking his dog and missed a step going into the backyard. It is believed to be of the high variety. We expect Austin Ekeler to receive the bulk of the carries with the now returned Melvin Gordon possibly mixed in.

Edited by mjkp64
  • Haha 5
2 minutes ago, CooL said:

The unreliable Rapaport says he will be active but only in an emergency.  Not sure how you can play him with that report.

Yeah Rapp sucks... he’s the one that said a couple weeks ago Ronald Jones would start and get a heavy load, then he didn’t and Barber got all the carries

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Rs79 said:

Yeah Rapp sucks... he’s the one that said a couple weeks ago Ronald Jones would start and get a heavy load, then he didn’t and Barber got all the carries

He sucks, but to be fair Ronald Jones was injured in that game so they limited him. That’s why they ran Barber the rest of the way.

Definitely a wait-and-see approach for this week on MG. If he blows up on my bench, GREAT! I have a set and forget player for the rest of the way.