NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Melvin Gordon 2019 Outlook

Boudewijn

Just now, bigbluecrew56 said:

Hard to get MG going when down by three TD's in the blink of an eye. He was in at the end of the game plenty. I still like him going forward.  

Haven't you heard? Once an RB puts up sub-10 points while getting blown up behind the line in negative gamescript he is literal garbage and should be dropped. Plenty of people already made that call on Fournette and look how right they were!

• Like 2

Phil rivers is a vet. I doubt they completely collapse with him as QB. With that said Melvin Gordon is trash. I thought I was lucky when I picked this full up on waivers before the news broke. Wish he would of stayed MIA bc he's made Eckler useless as well. I'm starting  him this week bc of byes. If he doesn't get 11-16 points tho... then were ****** 

Edited by Jrt80

Lol for real people acting like the sky is falling.. 2 games in with bad game scripts,  the guy will eat soon enough , eckler cant hold up all season same thing happened last year, eckler ran out of steam , expect rb2 production not rb1 and you should be happy. Flipped hunter Henry for him he is worth it

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bearcatcheech said:

Lol for real people acting like the sky is falling.. 2 games in with bad game scripts,  the guy will eat soon enough , eckler cant hold up all season same thing happened last year, eckler ran out of steam , expect rb2 production not rb1 and you should be happy. Flipped hunter Henry for him he is worth it

In PPR leagues he has scored 8 and 8 his 1st 2 games back after not playing all preseason and the 1st 4 games. RELAX everyone 

2 minutes ago, shakennbakee said:

In PPR leagues he has scored 8 and 8 his 1st 2 games back after not playing all preseason and the 1st 4 games. RELAX everyone 

I'll relax when I don't lose my week because of him. Things were great until he came back. Now Ekeler is useless and he is useless. Now have to wait for him to get in shape because he missed a quarter of the season, plus training camp.

Edited by FitzMagic

7 minutes ago, shakennbakee said:

I’m sure you drafted him in what round 3, knowing that he would possibly holdout. If you lost your week because of one player then your team is stinky.

Funny, because I started him and Ekeler(flex). I also have DJ. Yeah, lost my week because he killed any value right now in that backfield until he gets in shape. And hardly "stinky" considering I am first in points scored and first in points against in my league.

Edited by FitzMagic

You people never learn smh. Gordon missed all of training camp, preseason, and the first 4 games of the season; some acclimation is to be expected. By NO stretch of the imagination is Ekeler better; he couldn't even ward off Justin Jackson from taking over last season. He's in the same vein as Danny Woodhead or James White--he's NOT a starting caliber NFL RB. Gordon not only has had to acclimate back to the team, but then had to endure terrible game scripts. He will be just fine and will produce similarly to last yr in the coming weeks. 

Edited by Uncle_Ruckus
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

You people never learn smh. Gordon missed all of training camp, preseason, and the first 4 games of the season; some acclimation is to be expected. By NO stretch of the imagination is Ekeler better; he couldn't even ward off Justin Jackson from taking over last season. He's in the same vein as Danny Woodhead or James White--he's NOT a starting caliber NFL RB. Gordon not only has had to acclimate back to the team, but then had to endure terrible game scripts. He will be just fine and will produce similarly to in the coming weeks. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 4