NBC Sports EDGE Forums

New York Jets 2019 Outlook

Iron-cock

34 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

The Jets are so bad, they can't even tank properly. Those 3 wins in the past 4 weeks.. mean nothing. All they did was secure a crappier draft pick and STILL no playoffs. God I hate rooting for this team. 

They are still projected to have the 9th pick right now, so what if their pick has dropped back a couple of spots, there will still be plenty of great players on the board then and those three wins have done a whole lot to build belief that next season darnold can take a big step forward and they can maybe compete. Sliding back a few spots really isn't that big of a deal.

Some fanbases are just upset no matter what. The Jets lose and their fans complain about how trash they are but if they win other fans complain that they aren't tanking hard enough.

22 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

They are still projected to have the 9th pick right now, so what if their pick has dropped back a couple of spots, there will still be plenty of great players on the board then and those three wins have done a whole lot to build belief that next season darnold can take a big step forward and they can maybe compete. Sliding back a few spots really isn't that big of a deal.

Some fanbases are just upset no matter what. The Jets lose and their fans complain about how trash they are but if they win other fans complain that they aren't tanking hard enough.

But what "improvements" are to be made in 2020 based on what they are doing right now, minus a draft pick? Gase + Current O-Line = Losing seasons. 

1 minute ago, MSkibisky said:

But what "improvements" are to be made in 2020 based on what they are doing right now, minus a draft pick? Gase + Current O-Line = Losing seasons. 

All I'm saying is moving back like 5 spots really doesn't make as big of a difference as you think. NFL gms make horrible picks all the time from every spot. Look at trubisky foolishly picked 2nd way ahead of mahomes and Watson, Lamar dropping all the way to last pick in the 1st. I for one would want my team to atleast attempt to win games no matter how bad they are.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...