NBC Sports Edge Forums

Blake Snell 2019 Outlook

24 minutes ago, B&F said:

His velo has seemed fine from watching. Usually 94-97 with consistency. He dropped a table on his foot being a doofus and plays Fortnite until 3:00 in the morning. Those are his bigger issues. At least pick a good game to get addicted to, Fortnite is beyond lame, bro.

Edited by killa3312
  • Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Were they the Mets doctors?

Checking on Snell's day at work

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, B&F said:

Not good, but similar to where he was to start the year and 2017 second half. At least that's how it looks on mobile.

1 hour ago, AnonymousRob said:

Not good, but similar to where he was to start the year and 2017 second half. At least that's how it looks on mobile.

I might sell if he has a strong bounce back game. 

1 hour ago, bigbossman said:

time to rage drop

I'm hoping my reaction is the correct one... 😀

3 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

Either the toe injury is bothering him or he was a one year wonder

Or it's something mechanical.  Right now, who knows what it really is.  I don't see him as being a one year wonder though.  While he wasn't going to duplicate last season (especially the ERA), he's always been an elite talent that only needed much better command.  That happened last season, and happened this season for the most part up until recently.  His BB-rate was actually down from last season.

Another reason why I don't think last season was a fluke is because his underlying stats suggest there's actually been some improvements this year.  Like I said already, his BB-rate is lower, his swinging strike-rate is up, and obviously his K-rate is up.  Some of the other fancy statcast stats were pretty solid as well.  

• Like 3

drop him or sell low on him if you honestly think he is a one year wonder or if he is actually a s---y pitcher. There is a separate thread for vents and rants.

He's off track and/or in his own head, and has been since the toe injury. Ride him on your bench for a start or 2 until he picks it back up. 

He has the same stuff he did last year, he just needs to be reminded how to use it.

• Like 3

I am starting @ MIN.  Yankees have his number the past two seasons.  Other than that he has been dominant against the rest of the league.  

It is not like there are a lot of options these days.  

2 minutes ago, B&F said:

I am starting @ MIN.  Yankees have his number the past two seasons.  Other than that he has been dominant against the rest of the league.  

It is not like there are a lot of options these days.  

Valid point.  

40 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

He reminds me of Thor, great stuff, more of a thrower than a pitcher

He’s better than Thor. Still half of a season left. Lot of time to lower that ERA.

i don’t own the guy but he’s filthy. He will figure it out.

Edited by hangin n wangin