NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Foltynewicz 2019 Outlook

If he's available, I think he's someone who needs to be stashed. Gausman was lit up again and has looked bad all year. 

From 2 days ago: https://www.ajc.com/blog/further-review/down-triple-foltynewicz-trying-not-left-behind-braves/vyzVuD4rHKVmKfU4cRjjqO/

"In his six appearances since getting sent down, Foltynewicz has pitched 33-2/3 innings, struck out 31, walked eight and given up nary a home run yet."

"The velocity was good, touching 95 mph with regularity. And the slider had a bite. His ERA these past six games: 2.67."

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd heavily lean towards keeping him rostered, chart was pretty promising again last night: FB- pretty much the same as last time, 95+ MPH average, was just missing spots. Threw 22--15 strikes wi

Basically one bad inning did him in...otherwise very impressive and chart continues to trend upward: FB- continues to gain steam, averaged a new high of almost 97 MPH, topping at 99! threw 37--23

Posted Images

5 hours ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Keep an eye on the Gwinnett Stripers twitter page. Folty was scheduled to start tommorow at AAA. Now it says TBD... hmmmm

If he doesnt make that start, we can assume he's getting the call. 

It looks like Weigel is getting the start, so either Folty is hurt or he's coming back up.

Still seems odd they’d move his start up to Tuesday. Maybe they’re getting Folty on Gausman’s schedule. Give KG his weds start with Folty taking over after that? If that’s the case would make more sense to call him up tomorrow and give everyone else an extra day of rest but what do I know 

• Like 1
On 8/3/2019 at 11:06 AM, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

If he's available, I think he's someone who needs to be stashed. Gausman was lit up again and has looked bad all year. 

From 2 days ago: https://www.ajc.com/blog/further-review/down-triple-foltynewicz-trying-not-left-behind-braves/vyzVuD4rHKVmKfU4cRjjqO/

"In his six appearances since getting sent down, Foltynewicz has pitched 33-2/3 innings, struck out 31, walked eight and given up nary a home run yet."

"The velocity was good, touching 95 mph with regularity. And the slider had a bite. His ERA these past six games: 2.67."

How is Folty at 95 good? This is a pitcher who was consistently living around 97-99 last year. 

23 hours ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

When he first came back he was throwing 95 and he still sucked. He's a JAG without that plus Gerrit Cole style heater. 

He averaged 96.4 in 2018 and 95.2 earlier this year. I really doubt velocity was the issue.

14 hours ago, KidDynamite420 said:

spacer.png

I had Folty last year and took in a good number of his starts. He did not come in the same pitcher he was last year. His fastball was noticeably missing the life it had last year. I chalked it up to the early injury but have not seen signs of recovery. He was elite last year with that heater. Anyone who had Folty last year knows exactly what i'm talking about. He was touching close to 100 at times.