Danny Jansen 2019 Outlook

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pretty crazy if true...  

Pretty dumb to compare those two ABs. Of course your swing will look different when you're reaching for something low and away vs. something up high

5 minutes ago, DJSatane said:

~45 days into the season and this bum is somehow "hitting" .163 avg, with 0 HR and 4 RBI. Lol, I hope he is god at catching.

If you had told me in the offseason that he was going to have that line 45 days into the season, I would have thought you were crazy.  He seemed like he was one of the few sure things at catcher before he was called up last season.

Not sure what the actual problem is.  Nobody with the talent that he has hits that poorly.  Even Roberto Perez is blowing him away and he's awful.

Edited by KilloWertz
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, kwelch said:

He's had a couple of good games back to back. Is it possible something is starting to click?

Could be.  Happens all the time to young catchers.  The mental end of catching comes before the hitting.  But he has shown in the past he can hit down on the farm.  It is just a matter of time until he does in the bigs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Unreal.  June is my cutoff date for players to start hitting.  Coming up.  

For those looking for a replacement Pedro Severino is coming around.

• 1 month later...

Everybody bail and miss his June? Over the last 2 weeks, he's at a 176 wRC+ with 8.8 BB% and 5.9 K%. Also, somewhat relevant to dynasty owners, Fangraphs has him among the better defensive catchers this year.

22 minutes ago, Hanghow said:

Everybody bail and miss his June? Over the last 2 weeks, he's at a 176 wRC+ with 8.8 BB% and 5.9 K%. Also, somewhat relevant to dynasty owners, Fangraphs has him among the better defensive catchers this year.

I guess the question is... Has he figured it out finally or is this just a hot streak?  I'd tend to lead to the former given how he was supposed to be a pretty safe bet to at least be a solid hitting catcher in the majors, but somehow he fell flat on his face (especially this season).  I'm not sure how that happened, but he's definitely an interesting investment going forward for people who need a catcher (fortunately/unfortunately I don't).

I’d rather invest in mejia who since he’s been back from the minors (where he raked) has hit nearly 300 with a .225 iso. Hes also played almost everyday in a better lineup hitting 6th.

Edited by Stoper54
16 hours ago, B&F said:

SMH.  I was patient with this guy until June and now he starts hitting. FML.

Glad I'm not the only one.  He couldn't whack a mole most of the first half then the day I dropped him he stated obliterating the entire mole population from that day on.  It went from night to day just like that.  No ramp up.  Like the poster above said, a switch just got flipped.  Or, in my analogy, he flipped off the safety on his mole gun.

3-4 with 2 more HRs tonight.

I wonder who has possessed Danny Jansen.  He's on a run that would even make Gary Sanchez impressed, hitting 6 HRs in his last 7 games.

Edited by KilloWertz
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, DJSatane said:

Hopefully this is not just a tease that evaporates.... hopefully he finally coming around. He definitely got the high hitting prospect status behind him.

Finger crossed but how could a guy with "so much talent" suck for so much of the year then all the sudden it clicks like this?

1 hour ago, CharlesHustle said:

Finger crossed but how could a guy with "so much talent" suck for so much of the year then all the sudden it clicks like this?

And then the other side of it is how could a guy have a stretch like this if he really sucks that bad and isn't actually good?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, DJSatane said:

Hopefully this is not just a tease that evaporates.... hopefully he finally coming around. He definitely got the high hitting prospect status behind him.

I’m thinking it’s a tease, but I added him anyway. Nothing to lose.

Just now, DJSatane said:

i think the fact toronto offense been clicking lately along with vlad and biggio in it is helping jansen out, pitchers are overall under more pressure vs this lineup lately

Yea, that's probably right. But I still think he will end up being a unrosterable catcher again. But I hope I'm wrong.