NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cody Bellinger 2019 Outlook

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have a 1st-rounder.  It's Bellinger.  He is that guy.

You're the same guy that said he'd be lucky to get to 20 last year, right?      yep. you are. 

You could have just said the guy in front of you stole him from you in the draft.

Posted Images

On 1/29/2019 at 8:11 AM, En Votto Veritas said:

In his immediate NFBC ADP vicinity (46), I'd take Rendon every day.  I also think Bogaerts is a less risky pick who may well match him in SB, while beating him in R, RBI, and AVG, losing only in HR and perhaps not by that much.

But as I look over the ADP I see that Bellinger is in a tight tier as far as 1B goes.  After Goldy/Freeman, Rizzo is going at 36, then Bellinger at 46, then no one until Carp at 71.  Not sure what to make of this at the moment.

Where is Abreu? He is around that early 3rd rd pick. 30-35 ain't he? Votto?

• 4 weeks later...

Thought this guy was gonna hit cleanup for the most part this season, but Roberts basically been slotting him 6th all these games leading into the regular season.  Looks like thats where Roberts will be hitting him - between Pollock and Kike.  Weak.

1 hour ago, el_Mantico said:

Thought this guy was gonna hit cleanup for the most part this season, but Roberts basically been slotting him 6th all these games leading into the regular season.  Looks like thats where Roberts will be hitting him - between Pollock and Kike.  Weak.

Yup. Not feeling him batting 6th to start but Muncy could easily cough up the cleanup role. Bellinger needs to force the issue a bit more. 

Dave Roberts will do what he thinks is right. Not what is right, but what he thinks is right. He has been enabled to the point that he thinks that his constant tinkering is effective and they're winning baseball games because of it instead of the performance of the players on the field. The fact that he was sitting Muncy against LHP last year when he was hitting them at an almost .900 clip tells you all that you need to know about that. 

So wherever Bellinger, as well as everyone else in Dodger Blue, ends up in the lineup will be based on a whim, not logic.  

Edited by Junkie Cosmonaut
  • Like 1

Getting ready to look at some of his footage to see if he if the bat is more or less parallel to the ground or a bit more pointed towards the ground/wrapped behind the neck.  I'm really interested in seeing his plate coverage and pitch recognition in the lower inner third of the plate.  How are his at bats looking?

Dave Roberts continues to baffle me. Cody batting 6th tonight. I get the Dodgers are facing a lefty, but he's been seeing the ball so well this year against righties AND lefties early on (i.e. grand slam off mad bum last night. 3 for 8 against lefties this season). In the first 7 games of the season, he's had Cody batting 7th, 6th (twice), 5th, 4th, and 2nd. I would hate playing for Dave Roberts. Constantly shifting guys order and changing their role in the lineup on a nightly basis. As a hitter, this has to be frustrating as well. 

• Like 2