NBC Sports Edge Forums

Delanie Walker 2019 Outlook

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems very undervalued at the moment where you can draft this guy at the tail end of your draft.   Recency bias has people forgetting that this man was a top fantasy option for 4 years straight b

Lead the team in targets again.  Solid

I mean he did look pretty good last preaseaon game scored a td and is the te im targeting in almost all drafts because you can get him in the 9th. His injury was 346 days ago and it was an ankle, not

13 minutes ago, mvttchew said:

How do we feel about him this week? Saw he was only in on 43% of snaps. Are they easing him in or is this standard for him? 

Think they hold him out more when rolling between the 20's, as they possibly dont want him to block & get worn down. Guy is a RZ magnet for Mariota.

• Like 1

Anyone willing to make some well-reasoned predictions/projections for tonights game? Feels like just the kind of game where I'll bench Walker and he'll score. For that reason, I'll probably start him against logic. With Fournette already in my lineup, I'd be a little nervous about tying two positions to a Thursday night performance.

Edited by EaglesRocker97
44 minutes ago, rex_bulkhead said:

Given he's returning from a torn Achilles, Walker has been nothing short of awesome this season

He broke his ankle, not a torn achilles. Still a bad injury but recovery isn’t near as difficult as a torn achilles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, itschief33 said:

Mariota is playing so terribly I wouldn’t be surprised to see him benched at some point in the season. I think that would really hurt walkers fantasy value. I’m contemplating trying to package him to a TE needy team.

If Mariota is benched then Walker definitely takes a hit. Tannehill is not going to be looking for Walker like Mariota does but most likely looking for WR's. Mariota does not like throwing to the outside much. 

Wow that was frustrating but still worked out in the end.  Mariota was running for his life last night.

That one particular drive where Mariota missed him in the endzone twice had me pulling my hair out.  First one, wide open in the endzone but ball was tipped by the LB at the last second.  Second one, Walker was one on one with an LB and a decent lob pass over the LB gets an easy TD but ball was underthrown.

I agree that Tannehill would be a hit to Walker's value. 

I also noticed that they rotate Jonu/Walker pretty evenly - they run a ton of 2 TE sets so Walker doesn't see a full compliment of snaps but that is probably to keep him fresh.  But when he is in there, he is usually running a route.

Not flashy but underrated and reliable.

• Like 1