NBC Sports Edge Forums

Allen Robinson 2019 Outlook

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did a little crunching to put some numbers on the situation as well. Always helps putting it in perspective even if it's never the end-all. Team alpha receivers usually max out around the 30% targe

I don’t want stupid a** Trashbitsky back.

Posted Images

Just now, martinjlm said:

Taylor Gabriel in concussion protocol - DNP

Trey Burton returns.

ARob can't catch a break.

I'm worried less about the pass catchers around ARob and more about the QB throwing the ball. On Monday Night, ARob's lone RZ target was a jump ball that Mitch left a good 5 feet short and got picked. Was just awful. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

I'm worried less about the pass catchers around ARob and more about the QB throwing the ball. On Monday Night, ARob's lone RZ target was a jump ball that Mitch left a good 5 feet short and got picked. Was just awful. 

Yet Mitch had zero issues hitting TG for three scores. ARob just has to get those high value target.

On 9/17/2019 at 9:17 PM, n4sa said:

I completely expect AR15 to be on everyone's WW by week 6.

He almost made it to week 4 in my league.  Someone just dropped him and is on the WW.  If i were to pick him up I'd have to drop Gallup.  Would rather stick with the Cowboys offense.  (10 Team - 1/2 ppr league)

Edited by Biig_Pressure21
forgot to add

This guy is a huge buy for me and heres why:

Allen Robinson the last 2 weeks has gone into the half with over 50 yards, also in last 2 weeks he caught 3 catches combined in the second halfs of his week 3/4 game. Reason being the Bears have been up big in second halfs and have attempted a combined 13 passes the last 2 second halfs of their games. He has been game scripted out of 2 monster games. The last 2 weeks they played awful offenses Vikings and Redskins. If you look at their schedule there are not many games he gets game scripted out because they will be playing much better offenses. Here is his schedule ROS.

https://imgur.com/a/hXWuMJI

Edited by crizza0309
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

He is now matching his nice floor with a nice ceiling. Rock solid wr2 rest of the way? 

Definitely has the potential to be WR2, hes the best WR on the Bears team. We just need to hope Mitch passes to him more. But A Rob looks amazing out there.

1 hour ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

He is now matching his nice floor with a nice ceiling. Rock solid wr2 rest of the way? 

I think so. He has played well this year, he gets WR1 volume, he has WR1 talent. The only thing keeping him a WR2 instead of a WR1 is poor QB play. That said, he was drafted as a WR3 so he is turning a nice profit for his investors even with scrub QBs.

On 9/29/2019 at 11:55 PM, crizza0309 said:

This guy is a huge buy for me and heres why:

Allen Robinson the last 2 weeks has gone into the half with over 50 yards, also in last 2 weeks he caught 3 catches combined in the second halfs of his week 3/4 game. Reason being the Bears have been up big in second halfs and have attempted a combined 13 passes the last 2 second halfs of their games. He has been game scripted out of 2 monster games. The last 2 weeks they played awful offenses Vikings and Redskins. If you look at their schedule there are not many games he gets game scripted out because they will be playing much better offenses. Here is his schedule ROS.

https://imgur.com/a/hXWuMJI

sure hope people listened. The bears were not in a run heavy game script and actually had to pass and look what happens. with that schedule he should be in  alot more neutral game scripts.

13 minutes ago, crizza0309 said:

sure hope people listened. The bears were not in a run heavy game script and actually had to pass and look what happens. with that schedule he should be in  alot more neutral game scripts.

Bought him as well with both my main WRs struggling. Hoping this is a sign of more things to come, he 100% has the talent it just comes down to situation...

He put up solid numbers even with trubisky. Had a 100+ in week 1 and went over 12 pts in ppr in two of the three weeks before his 2 td game with Chase. Both QBs target ARob heavily as evidenced by his 8.6 targets and his 25.9 percent target share on the season. He’s a solid WR2 and an a amazing WR3 with a safe floor high ceiling imo. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, WestCoastMets said:

He put up solid numbers even with trubisky. Had a 100+ in week 1 and went over 12 pts in ppr in two of the three weeks before his 2 td game with Chase. Both QBs target ARob heavily as evidenced by his 8.6 targets and his 25.9 percent target share on the season. He’s a solid WR2 and an a amazing WR3 with a safe floor high ceiling imo. 

Agreed. He's a WR2 no matter who's throwing to him, with upside for more depending on who's throwing to him.

This guy would be a WR1 if he ever had a competent QB throwing to him. In 6 years in the league, that has yet to happen

8 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Will he be covered by Lattimore or even shadowed? Someone stated he runs most of his routes out of the slot, is Lattimore strictly a outside defender?

Shadow. A-Rob is a sit this week. 

If Lattimore gets hurt on the first play and Robinson goes off don't @ me.

Edited by martinjlm

Allen Robinson is still in a decent spot this week. It’s obviously terrible that trubisky is back. As for lattimore, not worried about him at all. Arob runs half his routes out of the slot and lattimore doesn’t cover the slot. He’s already done fine against beast dBs this year.