Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Allen Robinson 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did a little crunching to put some numbers on the situation as well. Always helps putting it in perspective even if it's never the end-all. Team alpha receivers usually max out around the 30% targe

I don’t want stupid a** Trashbitsky back.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Could you imagine the numbers this guy would have if he had someone like Mahomes or Aros throwing to him? He’s been a good 6th round pick! 

Most likely 1300-plus and 8-12 TD with anyone better but 1400 with those QBs you mentioned.

Tyreek was on pace for 1600 Yds, 16 TDs at one point this year.

Edited by austin316
Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright guys that know stuff. I'm counting on you.

 

I only know the general gist that this may be a tough matchup.

 

Anyone got specifics? Who will be covering him and any reading between the lines here? 

 

Reception and yardage predictions?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Alright guys that know stuff. I'm counting on you.

 

I only know the general gist that this may be a tough matchup.

 

Anyone got specifics? Who will be covering him and any reading between the lines here? 

 

Reception and yardage predictions?

 

 

Doesn't feel like a good spot for the Bears offense overall, but ARob is rock solid anyway. I say 6 catches for 74 scoreless yards. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Doesn't feel like a good spot for the Bears offense overall, but ARob is rock solid anyway. I say 6 catches for 74 scoreless yards. 

 

It's a tough matchup.  On Fantasy Pros, Dallas is a top 7 defense against WRs. The past two weeks, against Lions and Giants, where A-Rob feasted, make it easy to forget that the Rams and Eagles neutralized him (both held him to fewer than 15 yards).  So I'd say against weak teams, he's a high-end WR2 (really a WR1 with volatility) but against tough secondaries he's boom and bust.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Josean Pelota said:

 

It's a tough matchup.  On Fantasy Pros, Dallas is a top 7 defense against WRs. The past two weeks, against Lions and Giants, where A-Rob feasted, make it easy to forget that the Rams and Eagles neutralized him (both held him to fewer than 15 yards).  So I'd say against weak teams, he's a high-end WR2 (really a WR1 with volatility) but against tough secondaries he's boom and bust.  

 

this. 

Dallas gets feasted on via the slot, and Miller is red hot there these days. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, the_dying_dream said:

Idk Dallas's last three matchups have been Detroit, New England, and Buffalo. In all three games they have giving up points to wide receivers. the sample is just skewed because most of the year they have been good. 

 

Also true. Beasley scorched them the most out of the slot.  Edelman did well. Marvin Jones grabbed two TDs, but only on 43 yards.  He also had the worst of those QBs. As one site put it: "Dallas has allowed multiple touchdowns to quarterbacks in three of their last four games but are allowing an average of only 208.5 passing yards a game over their last six played. 

I stick with my original description: he's boom-or-bust depending on Trubisky.  On the plus side, Dallas will likely put up decent points, so I anticipate Trubisky will have to throw some. 

 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 8:50 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

this. 

Dallas gets feasted on via the slot, and Miller is red hot there these days. 


Watching Robinson a few times this year, they line Robinson a lot in the slot too and run bunch formation. So that always bodes well.
 

I think the 75 yards is a good prediction. Throw in a TD tho.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Josean Pelota said:

Weather forecast in Chicago tonight calls for winds over 10mph and gusts up to 20mph, along with temperatures dipping into the mid-30s.  Anyone getting cold feet about starting Robinson?

 

 

Nope!  He is weather-proof, QB-proof, and bad-coach-proof! :D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Josean Pelota said:

Weather forecast in Chicago tonight calls for winds over 10mph and gusts up to 20mph, along with temperatures dipping into the mid-30s.  Anyone getting cold feet about starting Robinson?

 

 

10 mph is nothing...20 mph isnt terrible plus Mitch doesnt throw more than 7 yards each pass.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...