Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm firing him up everywhere.

😂🤣😂🤣😂     

Mods coming into this thread:  

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Imagine if Seattle actually used a modern passing scheme for their MVP candidate QB

Tyler Lockett would actually catch passes?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, sSektor said:

 

When was the last time a team with a secondary as bad as Seattles won anything by focusing on the run game?

Ravens?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BMcP said:

Ravens?

 

Flacco had a great playoff run and threw like 3 TDs in that superbowl. Run heavy with a bad secondary is just plain dumb when you have a top 5 QB not getting passing attempts as a result. Petey needs to get his head out of his a** and realize his 2013 strategy isn’t going to cut it anymore

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, sSektor said:

 

Flacco had a great playoff run and threw like 3 TDs in that superbowl. Run heavy with a bad secondary is just plain dumb when you have a top 5 QB not getting passing attempts as a result. Petey needs to get his head out of his a** and realize his 2013 strategy isn’t going to cut it anymore

I had Seattle winning the ship a few weeks ago but I think they are probably getting bounced early in the playoffs now 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, sSektor said:

 

Flacco had a great playoff run and threw like 3 TDs in that superbowl. Run heavy with a bad secondary is just plain dumb when you have a top 5 QB not getting passing attempts as a result. Petey needs to get his head out of his a** and realize his 2013 strategy isn’t going to cut it anymore


Their O-line is the issue . Setup great for run blocking, but lacking in pass protection. With Wilson getting clobbered behind that line for years, I can see why they went with a run centric offense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RunCMC said:


Their O-line is the issue . Setup great for run blocking, but lacking in pass protection. With Wilson getting clobbered behind that line for years, I can see why they went with a run centric offense. 

did somebody along the line get injured a couple weeks back? at 1 point this season they were winning games and mixing in an efficient, productive passing game with the run. it feels like a couple weeks back, right when all the "Wilson for MVP" talk was at it's highest the offense shifted back this "run it on 1st, run it on 2nd, hope Russ bails us out on 3rd down" bull**** that's so frustrating. Suddenly Lockett is being ignored and Wilson is finding himself in an endless string of 3rd and long where play action is only minimally effective. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yossarian said:

did somebody along the line get injured a couple weeks back? at 1 point this season they were winning games and mixing in an efficient, productive passing game with the run. it feels like a couple weeks back, right when all the "Wilson for MVP" talk was at it's highest the offense shifted back this "run it on 1st, run it on 2nd, hope Russ bails us out on 3rd down" bull**** that's so frustrating. Suddenly Lockett is being ignored and Wilson is finding himself in an endless string of 3rd and long where play action is only minimally effective. 

 

I think they lost their center. But they've made basically no adjustments to the passing game and instead are just running it endlessly then hoping Wilson doesn't get sacked on 3rd down. They have great talent at WR between Lockett, DK, and Gordon but next to no creativity from the coaching.

Edited by sSektor
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yossarian said:

did somebody along the line get injured a couple weeks back? at 1 point this season they were winning games and mixing in an efficient, productive passing game with the run. it feels like a couple weeks back, right when all the "Wilson for MVP" talk was at it's highest the offense shifted back this "run it on 1st, run it on 2nd, hope Russ bails us out on 3rd down" bull**** that's so frustrating. Suddenly Lockett is being ignored and Wilson is finding himself in an endless string of 3rd and long where play action is only minimally effective. 

Yes, Justin Britt went down with an injury against Atlanta

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/seattle-seahawks/report-seahawks-center-justin-britt-likely-out-season-knee-injury

 

Edited by hockeyfan77
Added Link
Link to post
Share on other sites

This latest iteration of JG has finally squashed all desire for me ever owning this guy again. After suffering from this addiction for way too long, it finally feels good to be free and have no FOMO. It ain’t 2013 anymore and I have finally figured that out. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, I was in a good mood today. Then I saw this thread. Now i'm in a bad mood again.

Seattle runs 3 WR sets nearly 80% of the time. It's actually near the top of the league. Which means Gordon should have near 80% of the offensive snaps. No. He's around 35% each week.

WHAT THE f---? WHAT IN THE ACTUAL f---?

Malik turner is straight up trash, Moore is straight up trash, and Brown is useless. Gordon is also better than DK at this stage. He can do a lot of what DK can do but he doesn't do stupid **** like fumble for no reason and drop passes that hit him in the chest. DK cannot make the catch Gordon made yesterday in a million years. 

So why on gods earth are these bum a** trash WRs getting snaps over Gordon? WHY? ******** explain to me. Someone? 

Seattle is at least temporarily first seed in the NFC but this dinasour old a** offense makes me want to punch a wall sometimes. Stop being a little b**** Carroll and unleash your second best WR or at worst CLEARLY and by a ******** mile your third best WR. There is ZERO excuses Gordon should not be in on every 3 WR set.

Also, throw the man the ball more. The dude makes big plays after big plays. I have yet to see him make one bad play. I love DK i really do but the dude drops so much balls and has fumbled in the clutch multiple times and gets peppered with 5x the targets of Gordon. 

Seattle throws 32 times per game. That should be closer to 37. Lockett should be around 12, Gordon around 8, DK around 7, and then you have 10 to go to Carson, Hollister, and the other bums at WR. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That catch was one of the better catches on the season. I didn’t realize he’s playing so little snaps. 

 

I doubt anyone’s been starting in managed leagues. Maybe a DFS flier. 

 

Hes unrestricted next year so can be signed by any team, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bhawks489 said:

That catch was one of the better catches on the season. I didn’t realize he’s playing so little snaps. 

 

I doubt anyone’s been starting in managed leagues. Maybe a DFS flier. 

 

Hes unrestricted next year so can be signed by any team, right?

Seahawks said they want to keep him around long term.

I can see him sticking around for a year on a lower salary as a prove it sort of thing to try and get a bigger contract. From the sound of it he loves Seattle and it's a perfect environment for him. A really supportive organization which a guy like him needs. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...