NBC Sports Edge Forums

6 hours ago, fruitjacket said:

Not the point.  The rules say you can't do X.  I'm sorry if you don't understand that.

Some people have integrity. When they know something is wrong they stand up to those responsible.

Sadly, the majority are well trained pets that just blindly follow rules regardless if they are right or wrong.

Edited by this guy right here
  • Like 2
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm firing him up everywhere.

😂🤣😂🤣😂     

Mods coming into this thread:  

Posted Images

7 hours ago, fruitjacket said:

The guy is an incredible talent, but about as smart as a box of hammers.

I honestly hope Goodell just says "p1ss off" and he's done.  He's had his chances...more than enough.

If you don't get "it" by last year, then you're just too damn stupid to play in the big boy league.

The guy is an addict. I'm no expert but I'm not sure intelligence has anything to do with it. Also, I don't it's just weed either. 

• Like 3
11 hours ago, fruitjacket said:

I honestly hope Goodell just says "p1ss off" and he's done.  He's had his chances...more than enough.

If you don't get "it" by last year, then you're just too damn stupid to play in the big boy league.

That is literally just the opposite that anybody has ever said about this guy.  He is supposedly incredibly intelligent, well spoken, a gentleman, and a hard worker.  Dude has some demons though - I guess that makes him an idiot in your book.  

• Like 1
12 hours ago, fruitjacket said:

Could not agree more.  The NFL is notorious for employing choir boys, only.  Tyreek Hill, Kareem Hunt, and Joe Mixon, are clearly Mensa members, that adhere and comply, to all rules and guidelines.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Back to the fantasy implications, otherwise we're going to see this thread locked at some point.

My hope is one day I click on RW forums and I see Josh Gordon's thread bumped to the top with "HOT" next to it, meaning that he's been reinstated.

Holding for now (don't have a kicker) until the season starts.  But how long are other owners willing to hold?  Obviously it depends on your bench.  It's easy to say "drop your RB5 or WR5" for Gordon, but who knows, sometimes those guys hit when given opportunity.  The frustrating thing is that there is no timeline.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, CooL said:

Back to the fantasy implications, otherwise we're going to see this thread locked at some point.

My hope is one day I click on RW forums and I see Josh Gordon's thread bumped to the top with "HOT" next to it, meaning that he's been reinstated.

Holding for now (don't have a kicker) until the season starts.  But how long are other owners willing to hold?  Obviously it depends on your bench.  It's easy to say "drop your RB5 or WR5" for Gordon, but who knows, sometimes those guys hit when given opportunity.  The frustrating thing is that there is no timeline.

I wouldn't drop a RB5 or WR5 for Gordon. I'd drop a 7 or 8th on the depth chart player for him though.

1 hour ago, dudewithabadcat said:

That is literally just the opposite that anybody has ever said about this guy.  He is supposedly incredibly intelligent, well spoken, a gentleman, and a hard worker.  Dude has some demons though - I guess that makes him an idiot in your book.  

How many excuses are you doing to make for him?

Gordon is an idiot

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Why is the guy who completely butchers "veni, vidi, vici" in his signature, casting "idiot" stones :ph34r:

casting stones is a right granted in the US Constitution*, regardless of one's abilities to translate latin.

for my two cents, i like josh gordon the person and do not think the kid is an idiot, but i don't draft josh gordon the WR.

source.gif

* although william shatner is canadian, captain kirk is american.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
31 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Why can’t he slam Vicodin like normal football players 

If memory serves correct, his first major (long lasting) suspension (2015) was the result of him agreeing to remain sober during the football season, only to learn that even though his team's season was over following the regular season (week 17), he was still being held to the sober standard until commencement of the Super Bowl.

He was busted in photos having drinks on a private jet to Vegas following week 17. *rules are rules, but pretty ticky tacky...

Edited by FollowTheLeader
  • Like 1

i have him as an end of bench stash in a 14 team league and want to drop him but i refuse to do so until week 1 but i can not hold week after week even in a 14 team league when studs like zay jones are out there(insert sarcasm)

9 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

This. Dude does have some demons, probably substance abuse / addiction being first and foremost, but he’s not an idiot. What sucks is that concussions cause an increase in impulsive behavior as well, and God only knows how many he’s had in his career. In just his first or second NE game, he absolutely laid out to try and make a catch on an underthrown ball in (or near?) the end zone, slammed his head into the ground and got up totally concussed. Vicious cycle. 

But anyway, here are all his catches as a Patriot:

Edited by MBarbarian
11 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Is there a betting line anywhere on whether Gordon will be reinstated (and when)?

I want to say I’ve heard the league has 60 days to respond to his application for reinstatement 

• Thanks 1

Look, Gordon drank alcohol before games.  It's unheard of for athletes to take depressants before games.  It's so rare that I've never heard of another example.  Stimulants are what everybody takes.

This is proof that Gordon has legit anxiety issues.  Sadly, I see little chance he gets his act together for an extended period of time.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Nap Time said:

Look, Gordon drank alcohol before games.  It's unheard of for athletes to take depressants before games.  It's so rare that I've never heard of another example.  Stimulants are what everybody takes.

This is proof that Gordon has legit anxiety issues.  Sadly, I see little chance he gets his act together for an extended period of time.

He has deep CTE thats why 

4 hours ago, Nap Time said:

I "liked" your post because you recognize this is about anxiety to a large extent. But you're wrong thinking this is uncommon.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/12096556/

This study revealed that in a group of 262 athletes there were 21 percent who reported high alcohol use and problems associated with its use. Significant correlations were found between reported alcohol abuse and self-reported symptoms of depression and general psychiatric symptoms. 

He won't be the only athlete either that has a promising career ruined by anxiety (not to mention his life).

• Like 1
On 8/14/2019 at 12:47 PM, CooL said:

"My hope is one day I click on RW forums and I see Josh Gordon's thread bumped to the top with "HOT" next to it, meaning that he's been reinstated. Holding for now (don't have a kicker) until the season starts. But how long are other owners willing to hold?" 

Until it's clear that he (Gordon) is no longer fantasy relevant. He otherwise wasn't even eligible to apply for reinstatement until like, October... So, it seems there has to be reason(s) the exception is being made. We gotta hope Gordon wasn't puffing a joint while writing to request consideration. But with respect to the timeframe, the 45 day window for the league to proceed on his application extends to about opening day. Apparently, they only need a few weeks to draw a conclusion. For us, the question is; does the league really need to fiddle-fuq around for 44 days before they'll even begin their procedure? They say Gordon's a good person they're trying to help. Oh yeah? Well then process his application ya smuck! :)  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I "liked" your post because you recognize this is about anxiety to a large extent. But you're wrong thinking this is uncommon.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/12096556/

This study revealed that in a group of 262 athletes there were 21 percent who reported high alcohol use and problems associated with its use. Significant correlations were found between reported alcohol abuse and self-reported symptoms of depression and general psychiatric symptoms. 

He won't be the only athlete either that has a promising career ruined by anxiety (not to mention his life).

tbf to the poster you're responding to he said unheard of in terms of drinking "before" a game. The study you posted is high alcohol use in general. Still a good study and I'm sure like the general population alot of NFL players self treat their depression and anxiety with alcohol and drugs. 

• Like 2