Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm firing him up everywhere.

😂🤣😂🤣😂     

Mods coming into this thread:  

Posted Images

I mean there’s really no reason to believe he won’t produce like he did late last season out of the gate.  He was a consistent lower-end WR2 who got predictable targets and broke a few big plays.  The only X factor is it just seems like a matter of time before he backslides again, and his 2018 performance doesn’t quite justify the risk.  I doubt he’ll be on my team now, because he was only a bargain when you were assuming the risk that he might never play an NFL snap again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Yuck, was hoping to snag him super late at my Sunday draft, this blows. So, in all seriousness, where would you take him now? Mid-3rd, to early 5th?

I'd think about it around early 5th, but I don't like the price knowing he was free an hour ago

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

I like this more as a Pats fan than a fantasy football player. I still think Gordon will do relatively well but I think those 200 yard games are in the rear-view mirror.

 

Is that what you are trying to get? Lol

 

If he was still doing that he would go 1.1

 

He is a monster in the field. He could slow to TE speed and it would not matter to me. He is gonna have good games and WTH is wrong with a 100 yard 2 TD game?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Is that what you are trying to get? Lol

 

If he was still doing that he would go 1.1

 

He is a monster in the field. He could slow to TE speed and it would not matter to me. He is gonna have good games and WTH is wrong with a 100 yard 2 TD game?

 

 I still think that is generous. I don't think he came close to that when he was active last year. I predict he'll be an average WR2, which is not bad, but I would temper expectations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, whoopsie said:

 

 I still think that is generous. I don't think he came close to that when he was active last year. I predict he'll be an average WR2, which is not bad, but I would temper expectations.

 

He had 4 catches for 100 yards against Chicago

Had 135 and a TD against GB and didn't have any time with Brady since he was traded. 

 

I think he has some juice left. Unless 27 year old freak athletes just lose it all of a sudden.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

He had 4 catches for 100 yards against Chicago

Had 135 and a TD against GB and didn't have any time with Brady since he was traded. 

 

I think he has some juice left. Unless 27 year old freak athletes just lose it all of a sudden.

 

also 1 catch for 232 yards in my mind

Link to post
Share on other sites

Always had Josh in my lineups. Don't have him this year so far, if I can find him in a good spot, I'll double up on the WR position near him and grab him and someone else. 

Still believe in that talent.

Edited by ponza88
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Harry might have some targets too, I'd watch out for some competition and more target distribution.

 

But as we've seen with Gordon, all he needs is a few targets.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

 

 I still think that is generous. I don't think he came close to that when he was active last year.

He was on pace for 1,000 yards. Not to mention he was learning the Patriots difficult playbook on the fly. The sooner he gets to practice, the better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ss3walkman said:

He was on pace for 1,000 yards. Not to mention he was learning the Patriots difficult playbook on the fly. The sooner he gets to practice, the better.

 

And no Gronk this year.  So Josh is the RZ guy.  Monster season incoming.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude needs money and he’s on a one-year prove it deal. He will play 16 games this year. Could be his last chance to get paid (next year) for real this time. 

Btw, the Patriots got him for a steal and again look like geniuses:

 

Gordon is set to make $2.025 million on a 1-year contract with New England this season. The organization extended the tender back in March, which Gordon didn’t sign until now due to his suspension and absence from team activities.

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/08/josh-gordon-contract-salary-reinstated-patriots/

They took a gamble and tendered him last year AFTER he got suspended:

 

In the early hours on the second day of free agency, Ben Violin of the Boston Globe reported that the Patriots tendered restricted free agent Josh Gordon, offering him the low restricted tender. Gordon had an up and down 2018 season which saw him steadily develop into one of the Patriots most reliable receiving options before stepping down to focus on his mental health. 

 

Patriots have to carry Gordon ($2.025m) and Jones ($3.095m) on their salary cap, even though they haven’t signed. Add in Michael Bennett $7.2m), and Patriots have about $12.5m in cap space. They will be bargain hunting over the next few weeks

 
 

 

 

 

Edited by MBarbarian
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...