Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm firing him up everywhere.

😂🤣😂🤣😂     

Mods coming into this thread:  

Posted Images

4 hours ago, FFCollusion said:

Last year, once acclimated, Josh Gordon averaged 12.4 PPG with the Patriots. (Week 6-15)

Some players in his range:
Jarvis Landry, 13.4PPG, 5th round ADP
Calvin Ridley, 13.1PPG, 5th round ADP
Tyler Lockett, 13.8PPG, 5th round ADP

6th Round:
Robby Anderson(11.5ppg), Kristian Kirk(10.3ppg), Alshon Jeffery(14.3ppg), DJ Moore(10.2ppg)

7th Round:
AR15(11.9), Fuller(15.2ppg), Pettis(11.5ppg), C.Samuel(11.6ppg)

When you consider this, plus the gaping hole in the NE passing game, combined with the elite talent/potential of Josh Gordon, saying 8th/9th round, is laughable, unless 100% dependent on suspension (100% legitimate concern)

If you don't want to pay a 5th, I get it.  But the competition in the 6th/7th simply doesn't have the same opportunity/upside of Josh Gordon, he absolutely deserves to go 5~6.
If you're risk adverse, or have been burned in the past, I get it, but being afraid isn't an accurate analysis.

It’s also entirely possible that he never plays another snap in the NFL. Josh Gordon can find any number of new ways to get himself suspended, then there’s the very real spectre of his mental health issues. Even if he’s cleared to play, who knows if he’s even up to doing it. His track record speaks for itself.

And yes, I have owned Gordon in multiple seasons and enjoy the banter in this thread. It’s just a case of buyer beware.

• Like 1

Serious question, what has this guy done since that 2013 year?  I don’t remember the follow up year.  I remember being excited to have him 3-4 years ago and I think he checked into rehab before the season even started and just quit.  I know I can look this stuff up but the loyalty to this guy is amazing.  

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Rickydragon said:

Serious question, what has this guy done since that 2013 year?  I don’t remember the follow up year.  I remember being excited to have him 3-4 years ago and I think he checked into rehab before the season even started and just quit.  I know I can look this stuff up but the loyalty to this guy is amazing.  

You can't even commit to your own faux objectivity. Serious question? No it wasn't. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Rickydragon said:

Everyone is chasing 2013.

• Like 1

And this is where it benefits forward-thinking people who draft early.  I say by last week before the season, he's going to be going in rounds 5-6 (depending on league size) in the range of Calvin Ridley, Alshon Jeffery, Christian Kirk, Robby Anderson, etc.

6 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

98.5 out of Boston is reporting that Gordon is on non-active IR. 

Wasn't there a report over the weekend that he was on the NFI list, so the Non-football injury list?  Isn't this to allow some roster flexibility, and once he passes physical, etc., he would be on active roster?  Or is this IR list something else?

Just now, CooL said:

And this is where it benefits forward-thinking people who draft early.  I say by last week before the season, he's going to be going in rounds 5-6 (depending on league size) in the range of Calvin Ridley, Alshon Jeffery, Christian Kirk, Robby Anderson, etc.

Wasn't there a report over the weekend that he was on the NFI list, so the Non-football injury list?  Isn't this to allow some roster flexibility, and once he passes physical, etc., he would be on active roster?  Or is this IR list something else?

Received a text from my buddy out east.  I just tuned in and catching up.  Stay tuned. 

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

Correct, this is just a flexibility move, not something to be concerned over.

• Like 1

This is a little concerning

A "league source" says that the Pats want to stash him on the NFI until later in the season so he's available for the stretch run.  Huh?  What non-football injury could he be on the IR for this long?  Mental health?  I'm assuming that if he is physically ready that he will play?  It's not the like the Pats are abound with experienced pass catchers and deep threats.  Dontrell Inman asked for his immediate release following the Gordon reinstatement and it was granted right away.  Wouldn't this suggest that the Pats intend Gordon to be active and balling?

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

A "league source" says that the Pats want to stash him on the NFI until later in the season so he's available for the stretch run.  Huh?  What non-football injury could he be on the IR for this long?  Mental health?  I'm assuming that if he is physically ready that he will play?  It's not the like the Pats are abound with experienced pass catchers and deep threats.  Dontrell Inman asked for his immediate release following the Gordon reinstatement and it was granted right away.  Wouldn't this suggest that the Pats intend Gordon to be active and balling?

If anything , mental health 

2 hours ago, Spyplane said:

Everyone is chasing 2013.

Meh. The allure of the 2013 season is there, sure, but nobody is truly drafting/chasing that season or he would be drafted much earlier-- even assuming his risk. 

It is unlikely we ever see anything like his 2013 season again from ANY wide receiver. But Gordon still has much of the same tools and has a very good opportunity on this 2019 Pats offense. 

For those questioning his speed, skill, etc.:

He is still elite in YPC, averaging 18 yards per last season and on par with his career average. 

And this is a valuable nugget:

Edited by Grayson2401
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Grayson2401 said:

Meh. The allure of the 2013 season is there, sure, but nobody is truly drafting/chasing that season or he would be drafted much earlier-- even assuming his risk. 

It is unlikely we ever see anything like his 2013 season again from ANY wide receiver. But Gordon still has much of the same tools and has a very good opportunity on this 2019 Pats offense. 

For those questioning his speed, skill, etc.:

He is still elite in YPC, averaging 18 yards per last season and on par with his career average. 

And this is a valuable nugget:

I mean they should have at least normalized for targets. Donte Stallworth had 75 targets in his one year with New England.

Meanwhile, Randy Moss had 444. 

1 minute ago, TheDoctor said:

I mean they should have at least normalized for targets. Donte Stallworth had 75 targets in his one year with New England.

Meanwhile, Randy Moss had 444. 

Won't argue that. Fair to think Gordon's numbers/efficiency could have come down with more volume as well, but it is not as if anything Josh did last year was an aberration, either. 

All you need is Gordon to play a full season. With his talent and opportunity, it is hard to envision a scenario that he does not catch 60-75 balls for 1,000-1,300 yards. 

But playing 16 games is absolutely no guarantee. 

2 hours ago, Diggs14 said:

Grabbed Gordon in the 7th and A.J. Green in the 5th in a 12-team PPR. It's going to be an all-or-nothing kind of year.

Lmao I took green in the 5th and Gordon in the 6th with back to back picks. We can drink together in misery 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, fingers said:

Hype train needs to tap the brakes a bit here. I love the memes but he should be viewed as a wr3 with upside. No guarentee he's in uniform week 1 either

Agreed. I can understand taking him as a WR2 if you went heavy at RB or took one of the 3 elite TEs. But hard to trust as anything more than a WR3 with upside in most drafts. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, CooL said:

He's conditionally reinstated. Remember why he left to begin with? There's your answer.

10 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

He's conditionally reinstated. Remember why he left to begin with? There's your answer.

My thoughts also. Maybe they are making sure he can handle being clean/stable for a while before making an official decision to activate.

7 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

Agreed. I can understand taking him as a WR2 if you went heavy at RB or took one of the 3 elite TEs. But hard to trust as anything more than a WR3 with upside in most drafts. 

If your taking Flash as your WR2, your in for a rocky ride this season. Better have alot of depth at that position. Because this can play out in so many ways for Gordon, nothing is certain with him. I am rooting for Josh , and will try to snipe him at earlest around the 8th round. Maybe... maybe 7th round if Im passing on Allen Robinson or Hunter Henry.

Does NFI designation change your perception of this quote:

“Obviously it means he’s doing well. And that’s what we care about most with Josh is how he’s doing as a person, how he is as a man. Football comes secondary. We look forward to supporting him and just taking it one day at a time,” added team captain Matthew Slater when speaking about the 28-year-old wide receiver on Saturday.