NBC Sports Edge Forums

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

🤣😂🤣

What’s funny is Gordon has started in the league 7 years ago and has never put up a season with more than 805 yards besides 1 TIME Lol 😂, 5th or 6th round pick him dayum , but yeah I’ll take Mark Ingram who’s >>>>> Gordon and to boot I’ll be happy with DT who I got for free and who Brady will regularly target 🎯 in the red one and all over 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm firing him up everywhere.

😂🤣😂🤣😂     

Mods coming into this thread:  

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Brye said:

What’s funny is Gordon has started in the league 7 years ago and has never put up a season with more than 805 yards besides 1 TIME Lol 😂, 5th or 6th round pick him dayum , but yeah I’ll take Mark Ingram who’s >>>>> Gordon and to boot I’ll be happy with DT who I got for free and who Brady will regularly target 🎯 in the red one and all over 

Bro put the grape drink down , slowlyyy. Everyone over reacting over 1 measly pre-season game. Against a bunch of 2nd/3rd stringers on defense. Doesn’t mean a damn thing but getting some reps under your belt, before the season starts. Did you even watch the game or highlights of it, nah prolly not I’m guessing. You just read the box score. Demaryius’ second TD was against such blown coverage , there literally wasn’t a defender 10 ft near him. It’s laughable. Not saying Gordon will have the sickest season, but you can be damn sure it’ll be better than DT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Bro put the grape drink down , slowlyyy. Everyone over reacting over 1 measly pre-season game. Against a bunch of 2nd/3rd stringers on defense. Doesn’t mean a damn thing but getting some reps under your belt, before the season starts. Did you even watch the game or highlights of it, nah prolly not I’m guessing. You just read the box score. Demaryius’ second TD was against such blown coverage , there literally wasn’t a defender 10 ft near him. It’s laughable. Not saying Gordon will have the sickest season, but you can be damn sure it’ll be better than DT.

Will 💯 %  Loy your quote and read that back to you every week that goes by this season in this thread homie, Josh Gordon will be taking a back seat to DT all day long 

2 minutes ago, Brye said:

Will 💯 %  Loy your quote and read that back to you every week that goes by this season in this thread homie, Josh Gordon will be taking a back seat to DT all day long 

😂😂😂

• Like 1

He'll be fine. But that's the problem. That's all he is now. Fine.

I think he's zonked on xanax or something like that.

At least it's not career-ending weed n' syzzyrp but...

...yanno.

3 hours ago, Brye said:

Ingram not even the best running back on his team lol

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Brye said:

5th or 6th ??? That’s why who ever drafts him is going to get burned so badly here’s why

11 games with Pats last year-700 yards 3 tds that = out to 1000 yards and 4 Tds for. 5th rounder 

guys in 5th round- Mark Ingram, Tyler Lockett, maybe David Montgomery in the early 5th I’ve see it in 2 of my leagues , Dede Westbrook has way better outlook and he’s an 8th rounder right now

Demaryius Thomas can be had for last round or free right now and I see him being the guy to own over Gordon, sorry for all the guys that drafted him already I’m sure you’ll laugh but I’ll be laughing in a few weeks , better pick him up if he’s available now 

Eh I can see mark Ingram 

Tyler Lockett is being overhyped in a run first offense and will need to avoid TD regression. Dede is a hopeful and if he's going in the 8th then you could get both Gordon and dede.

I haven't seen Montgomery fall to 5th as of late and the leagues (all 12 team 0.5ppr) I'm in love RBs so him and Ingram wont make it past the 4th.

I dont believe in DT. Sure it's the Pat's and he could be an endzone threat but brady still had Gordon in wr3/wr2 territory and Gronkowski is gone. The other receivers around that area are also wr2/3 and on run heavy teams. Suspension risk is there but you can afford it and still get valve after him since those other players are going after him. Especially if you got great starters in your first 4 rounds. Gordon busting as round 5 or 6 would suck but it wouldn't end your season like busting on rounds 1-3 would 

Edited by Guwop
On 8/30/2019 at 9:05 PM, RunCMC said:

Not to mention the hug and discussion between DT and McDaniels after his DT catch. It seemed obvious you only embrace a guy like that when you know he gave it his all his last time he’s on the team. I hope the best for DT, but he seemed a bit slow. Hands seemed great though. 

"Because Thomas doesn't have to clear waivers, and has expressed an interest in remaining in New England, the club can bring him back at any time, and there is an expectation that he is likely to return.

Releasing Thomas allows the Patriots to initially keep another player who otherwise would have had to clear waivers, such as undrafted rookie punt returner Gunner Olszewski, who had initially been told he would be waived Saturday before the club called him back and told him he had a spot."

I saw this Rusty, and thanks for posting it here. This would be good if true. The problem also for DT are the rookies Meyers and Harry, which as far as I can see Meyers is still on the team. Dorset has a bit more history too with Brady. So it is tough, having watched all the Pats preseason games, to imagine a scenario where DT outperforms Gordon when he may not outperform the WRs on the team not named Gordon and Edelman. 

On 8/30/2019 at 8:40 PM, Brye said:

This aged like spoiled milk

On 8/31/2019 at 5:07 PM, dashoe said:

😂🤣😂🤣😂 

now that DT is out of the way, who has the week 1 prescience regarding the #1 outside / deep ball threat on the patriots?

he has not been training regularly with the team, did not look great last preseason game, though did look like himself for one physical catch/move. it's coming... but will gordon emerge week 1?

while i have no doubt that gordon will return excellent value based on his ADP, that he will erupt occasionally from his WR2 ranking to his WR1 upside, i'm skeptical his first game back with tommyboy and the sith.

i'm pysched to see gordon in action, but i'm sitting him where i can in week 1 for a safer floor. anyone starting gordon against pittsburgh? [...[

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed AC content

Well, as expected, DT gets resigned. But I still think JG is worth a high upside dice roll for week 1. They say he’s rusty. But I assume the guy kept in shape? It’s not like you forget how to catch a football, and Brady isn’t slinging it at 60 mph, so what cobwebs need to be shaken off? Never understand when this type of comment is made. 

38 minutes ago, CooL said:

Well, as expected, DT gets resigned. But I still think JG is worth a high upside dice roll for week 1. They say he’s rusty. But I assume the guy kept in shape? It’s not like you forget how to catch a football, and Brady isn’t slinging it at 60 mph, so what cobwebs need to be shaken off? Never understand when this type of comment is made. 

Also add in that he was seen working out with Brady during the offseason. 

• Like 1
On 8/30/2019 at 7:40 PM, Brye said:

But he also averaged 117.6 receiving yards a game (pretty sure no player currently in the NFL has ever demonstrated this type of per game dominance) in his 2nd NFL season with a rookie Brandon Weeden at QB on a 5-11 Browns team.  Josh Gordon over the last few years has really started talking about his addiction and mentioned how he would get drunk and stoned before every game in college and his first few seasons in the NFL.

Get this guy on the straight an narrow finally comfortable in a dominant offensive system.... Yikes, the upside potential is higher than Josh Gordon was in college.  Let's just cross our fingers and hope he didn't relapse during all that Superbowl partying.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CrastersCreep said:

I’ve been drafting or adding and obsessing over this guy for what seems like the majority of my fantasy career. I’m going to ride with Josh until the wheels fall off and maybe this will be the year we get rewarded.

Lead us to the promised land Josh!

• Like 1