NBC Sports Edge Forums

He looked good last year and looked the same in his limited preseason action, and there's still plenty of targets to go around in this offense. He's a legitimate play every week as long as long as he's on the field. 

Also, keep in the mind that Edelman is fresh from a broken thumb that made him leave the final preseason game clenching in pain. There's at least a >0% chance of reinjuring it.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm firing him up everywhere.

😂🤣😂🤣😂     

Mods coming into this thread:  

Posted Images

On 9/3/2019 at 2:14 PM, bhawks489 said:

Also turns out he’s an investor in that sector. Coincidence??

As someone who's a believer. I'd bet he realized the healing qualities of cbd before investing. But money talks, and I've been wrong before so maybe he's just tryna make some more bucks. 

21 hours ago, HOF12 said:

Honestly i feel like he’s going to be a steal. In a lot of leagues he went in the 5th-6th round. And i would be surprised if he became a solid wr2 

With gronk gone definitely wr2 value. He was nearly there last year. Getting him in the 5th or 6th and giving you double digits out of the flex spot will be great

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, niner memories said:

Ugh... What if he's my WR1 until AJGreen gets back?  I F'd up, I think.

His ceiling is a an elite wr 1 so don’t sweat it yet. He will be good as long as he’s not suspended(knock on wood). I got Gordon and Aj too but picked Odell with my second rd pick. I bet you have some good rbs though. 

46 minutes ago, Guwop said:

With gronk gone definitely wr2 value. He was nearly there last year. Getting him in the 5th or 6th and giving you double digits out of the flex spot will be great

The situation this year is better in every respect. It seems for the first time in a long time Josh is not on the league's radar and that seems like no coincidence. The Patriots, both players and leadership stuck by Josh after he had to step away last season and I think this environment is a difference maker for him. There is structure. A clear hierarchy built through success and stocked with figures Josh can respect (contrast that to Cleveland...). They emphasize discipline, doing your job, and the absence of favortism (except for TB12). Check your ego at the gate because you are all entirely dispensable and the Patriots will always do what they benefits them. From all appearances (knock on wooden surface) Josh has thrived as a professional under these terms.

It was obvious last year NE tried to bring Josh along slowly but some games he really forced their hand by winning Brady's trust so completely. The number of 3rd and 4th down conversions Brady got out of Gordon was striking and that 4th down conversion against the Bears when Josh had to make a leaping grab while getting hit and losing his helmet but holding onto the ball while crashing to the ground with no attempt to cushion the fall. This year he comes into the regular season totally healthy, in great shape and fully plugged into the team and the offense, with Gordon joining Edelman was Brady's 1a/1b receivers. Brady will begin the year knowing he can throw it up to Josh and rely on him to make the play. Josh Gordon will be a fringe WR1 in standard, high end WR2 in PPR.

• Like 1

I’ll be starting him this week but i have no choice. AB might be suspended. I honestly feel confident playing him tho. He’s coming into this year in a better situation than last yr. The league wants to see him succeed they want this redemption story to have a fairy tail ending. The amount of chances he’s gotten is proof. This is the year guys! You will all be a part of history. 

I plucked him in spots where I saw the risk being worth the reward...last 2 teams I got him on were at 5-5 of a 14 teamer to be my WR3 and found (what I thought) was very good in my 12 teamer at spot 7-3 to be my Flex. I like that we really haven't heard much, he had the media in a late week frenzy a few weeks back when the reinstatement news broke and since then he has just quietly gone through the progressions to get active and even play some in that last preseason game. Brady has def lost a bit on the deep ball, but as long as he can keep semi clean enough to step up into the pocket, he will be able to deliver the ball to Gordon for some good chunks.

1 minute ago, TTo34 said:

Why was this even necessary?  Has he been hounded by the media?

If you were an addict trying to move forward with their life would you want people constantly asking you about your prior struggles while you are currently still probably struggling?

• Thanks 2
21 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

Why was this even necessary?  Has he been hounded by the media?

I think it shows he is in a much more secure and grounded place.  Let's hope for his sake and for his football career's sake that he will continue to be successful in his journey.

6/94/1 this week.  Let's go!

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

I project 10 yards per line and a TD per signature.  2 TDs per signature!

JESUS....

Just seeing a letter for JG before Game 1 ... gave me fears and flashbacks.

• Haha 3