NBC Sports Edge Forums

Just now, ponza88 said:

JESUS....

Just seeing a letter for JG before Game 1 ... gave me fears and flashbacks.

That's what I mean.  Like, for JG, no news is good news.  Let's keep it that way.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm firing him up everywhere.

😂🤣😂🤣😂     

Mods coming into this thread:  

Posted Images

[...] I spent a little time this summer here scoffing at the idea that Gordon is anything more than a WR3 at best, and sort of laughing at the ones who got excited to see him back.   

I now will probably skip SNF altogether out of fear. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, BrianM said:

Just realized all three of my opponents have him started this week.  I spent a little time this summer here scoffing at the idea that Gordon is anything more than a WR3 at best, and sort of laughing at the ones who got excited to see him back.   

I now will probably skip SNF altogether out of fear. 

My friend who is a Steelers fan hates Gordon, Brown, and Bell. He thinks they are all undraftable for some reason. Sometimes you have to set your feelings aside and draft the most talented players. 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

My friend who is a Steelers fan hates Gordon, Brown, and Bell. He thinks they are all undraftable for some reason. Sometimes you have to set your feelings aside and draft the most talented players. 

Oh i feel for the guy and his struggles.  He didnt ever hurt anybody so I dont think poorly at all of him as a person.   i was in awe of his 2013 and lucky to get a small piece of it that year.   But i also saw a guy who was just ok last year when he played.   He belongs in the league and on fantasy rosters- but i dont buy into the hype that he's got any magic left to be what he once was.  Its been six years.   Its logic for me, not personal.    

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Oh i feel for the guy and his struggles.  He didnt ever hurt anybody so I dont think poorly at all of him as a person.   i was in awe of his 2013 and lucky to get a small piece of it that year.   But i also saw a guy who was just ok last year when he played.   He belongs in the league and on fantasy rosters- but i dont buy into the hype that he's got any magic left to be what he once was.  Its been six years.   Its logic for me, not personal.    

His stats were all about the same minus the targets. TDs are fluky. I will admit he did look a tad slow after the hamstring issue but did appear to get faster as the season went on.

He is still only 28 (two years older than Evans and two years younger than Julio for perspective) and has less wear and tear than most guys that age in the league. 2013 was historical and extremely unlikely to be repeated by Gordon but he still has plenty left to put up a very good to great season. He just needs to play.

• Like 1

Gordon was actually quite productive last year on a per catch basis. He only played 12 games between Cleveland sitting him and then the later suspension. And some of those games were when he just joined New England mid-season. Traditionally it's hard to get integrated so quickly to a new team. But he still was on pace for about 1000 yards and 5 TDs over a full season. So he should be better overall staying with one team and having a better grasp of the playbook. Plus, you also have all of Gronkowki's targets that need to be re-distributed for 2019. There's definite upside here. The big question is if he can actually stay on the field. We'll see...

• Like 2
6 hours ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Agreed. I dont understand this mentality. My fantasy teams dont have locker room chemistry.

6 hours ago, BrianM said:

I think he did well last year. Brady and JG had to connect more. Physically he looked fine and was dragged down short of a TD a few times. Brady and Edelman are raving about the guy (coach/player speak is something i dont really consider but for these two to actually say something positive is showing hes making strides with the org) 

Hes got a crazy high yards per reception but his catch % is somewhat low. (Mostly from deep shots and double teamed?)

My only worry is him staying on the field. 

Edited by bhawks489
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

it's probably been the biggest change for me in my "fantasy football career" (heh). been playing about 20 years and the last 5 years or so, i just started drafting guys that seem like solid, fun dudes and totally avoiding "problem guys." not that i think gordon is a problem guy. far from it. he's got problems, sure, but i'm rooting for him. i mean more the guys that seem like dirtbags or or the douche nozzles with the obnoxious personalities. i rarely draft em.

for some reason, it's just more fun for me this way.

(edit: maybe i'm just old.)

Edited by astrongcupofjoel
old

For me fantasy football is just a guy name on a spreadsheet especially if you are in real money league. I just wanna win. If you are an a**hole but an MVP I will take you. If you are a drug addict but you can score touchdown come on my team.

It's american football, all these guys are psycho maniac

I wanna win and Josh is my savior this year. My team is filled with cockhead, alcoholic and wife beater

Edited by ItsMeMario
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, BrianM said:

My logic sees a potential wr1 of the Patriots with big talent, who’s team has put up ring after ring, clearly knowing how to win.  They are behind him, he’s showing he wants to be there.  Whether or not he stays on field, I’m taking the risk.