• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm firing him up everywhere.

😂🤣😂🤣😂     

Mods coming into this thread:  

Posted Images

Somewhat interesting.  They're the only team with more than 1 player in the top 15... and they have 4.
Granted, 2013 is obviously cherry picked for JG and obviously DT is unlikely to be on the team Monday, but... still.

asda.png

• Like 2

Buy low on Gordon. This is going to be great for him. Now AB gets all of the attention while Josh gets to do his job and feast on every team's #2 CB. There are almost 200 targets to replace from last season plus most of Dorsett's 42 since he will now get vastly fewer reps. There are still targets available for Josh to increase his target share even if AB gets 150 (I think 130 is more realistic). 

Last season proved that Josh Gordon is still a great receiver. The video of all his Patriots catches shows one great play after another. Many of the factors working against Josh last season are gone or reduced. Instead of joining the team midseason in the midst of his ejection from Cleveland, he actually got to play in a pre-season game this summer as a Patriot and has 11 games with Brady plus a lot of practice time. Everyone on the team has praised him (most recently BB) and there has been no indication this summer that the praise was undeserved. Now he will regularly face man-to-man coverage against #2 CBs. 

Over 15 games I think Gprdon will get over 100 targets (I don't think he would have gotten that many more even had AB not arrived) and average over the 6.2 targets per game with NE last season (though not by much). I bet he will also average higher than the 1.32 standard points per target from last season, perhaps over 1.5. At 100 targets and 1.5 points per target that would be 150 standard points on the season, enough to make Gordon a solid WR2 even with fairly conservative assumptions. Say Gordon gets 120 targets at 1.5 points per target, that would be 180 points, enough to make him a low-end WR1 in standard. 

Gordon will be a boom or bust player this season, but he was going to be one anyway. Every other game he will go off, 4 pts one game and 18 the next, not unlike Tyreek his first two seasons. That kind of scoring pattern is just fine so long as I know to auto-start the player.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, rex_bulkhead said:

Buy low on Gordon. This is going to be great for him. Now AB gets all of the attention while Josh gets to do his job and feast on every team's #2 CB. There are almost 200 targets to replace from last season plus most of Dorsett's 42 since he will now get vastly fewer reps. There are still targets available for Josh to increase his target share even if AB gets 150 (I think 130 is more realistic). 

Last season proved that Josh Gordon is still a great receiver. The video of all his Patriots catches shows one great play after another. Many of the factors working against Josh last season are gone or reduced. Instead of joining the team midseason in the midst of his ejection from Cleveland, he actually got to play in a pre-season game this summer as a Patriot and has 11 games with Brady plus a lot of practice time. Everyone on the team has praised him (most recently BB) and there has been no indication this summer that the praise was undeserved. Now he will regularly face man-to-man coverage against #2 CBs. 

Over 15 games I think Gprdon will get over 100 targets (I don't think he would have gotten that many more even had AB not arrived) and average over the 6.2 targets per game with NE last season (though not by much). I bet he will also average higher than the 1.32 standard points per target from last season, perhaps over 1.5. At 100 targets and 1.5 points per target that would be 150 standard points on the season, enough to make Gordon a solid WR2 even with fairly conservative assumptions. Say Gordon gets 120 targets at 1.5 points per target, that would be 180 points, enough to make him a low-end WR1 in standard. 

Gordon will be a boom or bust player this season, but he was going to be one anyway. Every other game he will go off, 4 pts one game and 18 the next, not unlike Tyreek his first two seasons. That kind of scoring pattern is just fine so long as I know to auto-start the player.

Very good quality post! Have a like!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, rex_bulkhead said:

#2 CB's trying to cover Josh Gordon without back-up is going to be hilarious to watch this year. I have a suspicion it'll be like when teams tried to single cover Gronk with linebackers.

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Is there any reason to think he won't play tonight?  I see a lot "expected" to suit up in reports and am wondering what I am missing.

To be fair, for Josh Gordon, every week he's not injured is an "expected" to suit up week.

it really comes down to #12 for me, if he can stay healthy. if he finishes the season, he will be the 6th oldest quarterback to ever start a game in the NFL.

he has defied father time until now.. but like a gambler on a hot craps table who keeps upping his bets....we know the big red is coming.... just don't know when.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, iphone said:

it really comes down to #12 for me, if he can stay healthy. if he finishes the season, he will be the 6th oldest quarterback to ever start a game in the NFL.

he has defied father time until now.. but like a gambler on a hot craps table who keeps upping his bets....we know the big red is coming.... just don't know when.

Go watch reruns of Rob Parker all day. You’ll love it. 

I think you guys have a lot of optimism for a wr3 in a run first offense. Bellichick's players are rarely a commodity in fantasy football, and honestly i'm being generous with wr 3. Edelman & Brown are imo locked above him, and he'll fight DT & Dorsett for reception as 3rd or 4th wr. And they still have the 3 rb they have been in love with since a few seasons, + their fullback.

My main reason to believe JG can be relevant, is Gronk retirement. They need a big body to exploit smallers defensives backs, so unless you're a defensive guru who is able to decypher how their opposing coordinators will cover Gordon, it's hard to foresee when he will be perinformg. He'll have some redzones looks when the RB committee will struggle. But when Gronk comes out of retirement... I doubt BB will overuse Brady's arm in the regular season, and I also doubt he'll need it. Their division is the weaker it has ever been, and it's not like the patriots will face strong run defenses against them during the regular season.

• Like 1

They're going to score a s--- ton of points at leastg the first few weeks vs those s--- defenses. I think everyone could eat. The Pats have only supported a true #1 wr once. Randy moss. The system leads to putting the ball where the mis match is at. That's the reason White is so damn good. He goes against LBs who can't keep up. With ab demanding double coverage, Edelman and Gordon will be facing 1v1s ALL the time. While white has the same looks he's always gotten. They will pound the ball down defense throats when they have a lead late tho, that isn't good for any pass catcher. Sony could do so much damage this year. Teams would be smart to put the #2 CB and a safety on AB and keep their #1 CB on Josh Gordon. 

I'm interested to see him catch the ball in the open field, see if he has his speed back. He seemed a step slow last year. He is in his physical prime so if healthy he should be very julio'esque.

*Not necessarily that he will rack up yardage like Julio but very well could have more TDs

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
9 hours ago, FFCollusion said:

Somewhat interesting.  They're the only team with more than 1 player in the top 15... and they have 4.
Granted, 2013 is obviously cherry picked for JG and obviously DT is unlikely to be on the team Monday, but... still.

asda.png

How much does AB hurt Gordon's value?  More 1 on 1 matchups but less overall targets?  As someone who targeted Sony Michel and Josh Gordon heavily I am hating AB going to The Patriots. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

How much does AB hurt Gordon's value?  More 1 on 1 matchups but less overall targets?  As someone who targeted Sony Michel and Josh Gordon heavily I am hating AB going to The Patriots. 

That's how you should feel as a fantasy owner of Gordon. I have Gordon in a couple leagues as well. That being said, I don't think it's all bad. The team as a whole likely will have more TDs as a result of this move. Each individual player should get easier coverage than they were expecting to get before. So although they likely lose volume to AB, a like the TD potential of all these guys. So in the end, what I think we'll see are more boom/bust weeks out of guys like Gordon where before I'd say their floors would have been higher.

4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Doesn't this hurt every WR not named edelman or Gordon?

I just imagine all 3 of those guys will stay on the field as long as they aren't hurt or tired and guys like dorsett or Demaryius Thomas or any other WR will only come in to sub one of them out. 

Exactly cleats, with Gronk gone too. I see a lot of 3 WR sets of Edelman , Gordon, & AB . That's just too nasty for any defense to cover. Targets yeah might go down for Gordon, but overall this is a net positive for all the starting receivers. TD's will be coming in bunches.

10 hours ago, egolam said:

I think you guys have a lot of optimism for a wr3 in a run first offense. Bellichick's players are rarely a commodity in fantasy football, and honestly i'm being generous with wr 3. Edelman & Brown are imo locked above him, and he'll fight DT & Dorsett for reception as 3rd or 4th wr. And they still have the 3 rb they have been in love with since a few seasons, + their fullback.

My main reason to believe JG can be relevant, is Gronk retirement. They need a big body to exploit smallers defensives backs, so unless you're a defensive guru who is able to decypher how their opposing coordinators will cover Gordon, it's hard to foresee when he will be perinformg. He'll have some redzones looks when the RB committee will struggle. But when Gronk comes out of retirement... I doubt BB will overuse Brady's arm in the regular season, and I also doubt he'll need it. Their division is the weaker it has ever been, and it's not like the patriots will face strong run defenses against them during the regular season.

Idk why you quoted me to post your video, but if you looked at the game it really didn't contradict what i wrote. He's fighting for wr3/4 spot against Dorsett & DT (when he comes back from injury), Edelman so far got the the chemistry and the 2 rb are ahead.of him in target. The patriots struggled to establish their run game yesterday and if i'm not mistaken his 4 target came in the last 40 yards (not really the red zone though). Now it all depends if you feel or not he'll be leapfrogged by Brown or not in the depth chart. If he can keep up with the nfl rythm, and Brown f***s up, he might end up wr2 in that offense. 

Good luck predicting his next 7 weeks of scoring, the defenses he faces are terrible, the Patriots will probably run over all those teams. Usually the pats struggle @ miami and Xavien Howard will probably shadow him when he'll be on the field.

2 hours ago, egolam said:

Idk why you quoted me to post your video, but if you looked at the game it really didn't contradict what i wrote. He's fighting for wr3/4 spot against Dorsett & DT (when he comes back from injury), Edelman so far got the the chemistry and the 2 rb are ahead.of him in target. The patriots struggled to establish their run game yesterday and if i'm not mistaken his 4 target came in the last 40 yards (not really the red zone though). Now it all depends if you feel or not he'll be leapfrogged by Brown or not in the depth chart. If he can keep up with the nfl rythm, and Brown f***s up, he might end up wr2 in that offense. 

Good luck predicting his next 7 weeks of scoring, the defenses he faces are terrible, the Patriots will probably run over all those teams. Usually the pats struggle @ miami and Xavien Howard will probably shadow him when he'll be on the field.

Why would their #1 corner (Howard) shadow the Pats 3rd or 4th best WR, though??? Surely he will be shadowing Edelman or Dorsett or even DT if he plays, right?