Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Quite frankly, not really sure how to comment on Josh Gordon’s outlook without bringing up the “other situation”, as it definitely has an impact. But I’ll try my best to keep everything focused on Gordon.

 

I’m expecting everything to be the same as it was 24 hours ago, aside from the DT trade news. The DT departure probably affected Dorsett and Meyers more than anyone, but still thinning up that WR depth still helps Gordon’s, especially if there are injuries or other incidents with other NE WRs higher up the rankings than him. Means that there’s less depth to rely on and that they’ll need to lean on the top guns like Gordon more.

 

Also any off field incidents usually take some time for the NFL to investigate before they make any ruling, unless there’s clear an obvious evidence (such as videos) to support the incident. So for the immediate future I’d still expect Gordon to be competing with the likes of AB, Edelman, Dorsett, and Meyers for targets. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

Quite frankly, not really sure how to comment on Josh Gordon’s outlook without bringing up the “other situation”, as it definitely has an impact. But I’ll try my best to keep everything focused on Gordon.

 

I’m expecting everything to be the same as it was 24 hours ago, aside from the DT trade news. The DT departure probably affected Dorsett and Meyers more than anyone, but still thinning up that WR depth still helps Gordon’s, especially if there are injuries or other incidents with other NE WRs higher up the rankings than him. Means that there’s less depth to rely on and that they’ll need to lean on the top guns like Gordon more.

 

Also any off field incidents usually take some time for the NFL to investigate before they make any ruling, unless there’s clear an obvious evidence (such as videos) to support the incident. So for the immediate future I’d still expect Gordon to be competing with the likes of AB, Edelman, Dorsett, and Meyers for targets. 

 

Was there video on Zeke's situation??, Cause he got 6 games for his 'incident'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

Quite frankly, not really sure how to comment on Josh Gordon’s outlook without bringing up the “other situation”, as it definitely has an impact. But I’ll try my best to keep everything focused on Gordon.

 

I’m expecting everything to be the same as it was 24 hours ago, aside from the DT trade news. The DT departure probably affected Dorsett and Meyers more than anyone, but still thinning up that WR depth still helps Gordon’s, especially if there are injuries or other incidents with other NE WRs higher up the rankings than him. Means that there’s less depth to rely on and that they’ll need to lean on the top guns like Gordon more.

 

Also any off field incidents usually take some time for the NFL to investigate before they make any ruling, unless there’s clear an obvious evidence (such as videos) to support the incident. So for the immediate future I’d still expect Gordon to be competing with the likes of AB, Edelman, Dorsett, and Meyers for targets. 

You forgot to include White with those competing for targets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

Was there video on Zeke's situation??, Cause he got 6 games for his 'incident'


It took time though before the NFL decided to hand down the suspension. Not saying there won't be one, just saying it's highly unlikely they come to a decision before the Patriots next game (and likely the next few after that). Gordon's still 3rd on the depth chart heading into this week's matchup against MIA, but should still be able to feast on this defense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lost in the discussion of the developing “other situation” is the role Gordon played in Sunday’s game. The Pats ran Gordon up the seam for both his TD catch and deep completion - something they’d often do with Gronk as a bid bodied WR.

 

 

Let’s be clear, Gordon is not Gronk. But I think we need to entertain the idea that Gordon will be utilized in this offense in both X and Y pass catching roles. His size/frame will fill a unique role that’s missing in that offense. 

Edited by Griffin_Morrow
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Griffin_Morrow said:

Lost in the discussion of the developing “other situation” is the role Gordon played in Sunday’s game. The Pats ran Gordon up the seam for both his TD catch and deep completion - something they’d often do with Gronk as a bid bodied WR.

 

 

Let’s be clear, Gordon is not Gronk. But I think we need to entertain the idea that Gordon will be utilized in this offense in both X and Y pass catching roles. His size/frame will fill a unique role that’s missing in that offense. 

 

 

Let’s be clear.  Gordon is better than Gronk!    He’s Flash Gordon! 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Experienced Rookie said:

I’m worried about Flash this weekend. 

 

I could see NE up 24-3 at half time. Killing the clock with Burkhead in the 2nd half. 

Mid you don’t get a big piece in the first half, you might be screwed. 

 

Nah Brady and Bill going for records out of boredom at this point. Foot on everyones neck ROS.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Experienced Rookie said:

I’m worried about Flash this weekend. 

 

I could see NE up 24-3 at half time. Killing the clock with Burkhead in the 2nd half. 

Mid you don’t get a big piece in the first half, you might be screwed. 

How do they get 24 points?............

This narrative always confuses me. Yes, players may be factored out in a lopsided game but many points need to be scored for that to happen.

AKA good chance said player put up good numbers early in the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/14/2019 at 11:36 AM, Gandalfthecat said:

Everyone going off like "Oh Antonio Brown this, Antonio Brown that."

People forget one thing: Josh Gordon is better than Antonio Brown. 

 

Yeaaaaaa about that

 

As long as AB is playing gordon is bench worthy. Not going through the headache of figuring out the Pat's offense week to week

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...