Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm firing him up everywhere.

😂🤣😂🤣😂     

Mods coming into this thread:  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Any more info the Tred’Davious guarding Gordon?

I can't really locate anything specific in regards to this match-up. It does make sense on it's face that White will be guarding Gordon fairly often. Unless they move him into the slot more with Edelman sorta banged up? Idk but Brady has really struggled with the Bills D recently, I am sitting Gordon today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I can't really locate anything specific in regards to this match-up. It does make sense on it's face that White will be guarding Gordon fairly often. Unless they move him into the slot more with Edelman sorta banged up? Idk but Brady has really struggled with the Bills D recently, I am sitting Gordon today.

Tre White doesn't move around and shadow receivers. He plays the left side... According to a snap count think i saw i think Gordon is there 2/3 of the time? But don't quote me on it.

 

Edited by StevieStats
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

Tre White doesn't move around and shadow receivers. He plays the left side... According to a snap count think i saw i think Gordon is there 2/3 of the time? But don't quote me on it.

 

Correct, Gordon runs a majority of his routes from the left side.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just recall a game last year I owned Gordon.  Sat him.  He blew up.  And it cost me the week.  So I've learned.  Never sit the GOAT with the GOAT throwing to him.

In all seriousness, I think Gordon is one of those guys who has so much upside it is hard to sit him any week.  I'd rather take a chance on him than any of the other WR3/4s on my bench.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Any reason to be optimistic?  I don't really see his game being utilized.  Seems low in the pecking order.  A hammer in the tool box but they don't seem to need a hammer very often. I'm not sure what kind of game he will be heavily targeted in.  Schedule going forward Redskins, Giants, Jets, Browns.  Patriots seem content letting D carry them and dink and dunking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Any reason to be optimistic?  I don't really see his game being utilized.  Seems low in the pecking order.  A hammer in the tool box but they don't seem to need a hammer very often. I'm not sure what kind of game he will be heavily targeted in.  Schedule going forward Redskins, Giants, Jets, Browns.  Patriots seem content letting D carry them and dink and dunking.

 

Pats offense was garbage against a great defense and he was still the most productive WR on the team 

Edited by sSektor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Any reason to be optimistic?  I don't really see his game being utilized.  Seems low in the pecking order.  A hammer in the tool box but they don't seem to need a hammer very often. I'm not sure what kind of game he will be heavily targeted in.  Schedule going forward Redskins, Giants, Jets, Browns.  Patriots seem content letting D carry them and dink and dunking.

 

Not really but he's giving flex/wr3 play from where you likely drafted him so it's not a big loss. Too volatile in the Patriots offense

Link to post
Share on other sites

Brady 18/39, 150 yds, 1 INT

Gordon 7 targets, 3 rec, 46 yds

This is not a discouraging performance to me. White led the Pats in rec yards with 57 on 10 targets. No other player had more than 30 rec yards. Edelman caught only 4/7 and Dorsett 2/9. This is clearly receiver by committee but 7 targets in a real ugly game is not bad at all. 7 targets is plenty for Josh to do damage in a game where Brady doesn't suck real hard

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Brady sucks throwing deep. He has been throwing screens and slants for the last 5 years. 

 

If I recall he was a great deep thrower when he had Cooks in 2017 and Gordon for however long last season. Interesting how deep ball success rate correlates with having legitimate deep ball receivers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Brady's arm strength has been on the decline for some time now. I mean what do you expect, the guy is like 60 years old.

The biggest problem is that there are going to be so many games with positive game flow from the beginning that Gordon isn't going to get volume in those games. And then in the games in which the passing game struggles just by definition he is going to struggle.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Question is do we play him in a plus matchup next week against Washington, I feel like giving him 1 more game until he's a bench. I love Gordon but I need to see something , either a bunch of targets his way or a touchdown.. something . If not, won't be starting him again until I see some life from Gordon and Brady 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Question is do we play him in a plus matchup next week against Washington, I feel like giving him 1 more game until he's a bench. I love Gordon but I need to see something , either a bunch of targets his way or a touchdown.. something . If not, won't be starting him again until I see some life from Gordon and Brady 

Unless you have fantastic alternative options, I would definitely start Gordon next week. This matchup against Buffalo always projected to be a difficult one. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly the only true disappointment has been the way Gordon disappeared during that stupid AB game against the Dolphins, a ridiculous F-you stunt that cost Robert Kraft $9 million and cost us easy fantasy points. He’s got quite a few cake matchups coming up. The volume will never quite be there, but he’s seeing enough looks for upside WR3 production.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

Question is do we play him in a plus matchup next week against Washington, I feel like giving him 1 more game until he's a bench. I love Gordon but I need to see something , either a bunch of targets his way or a touchdown.. something . If not, won't be starting him again until I see some life from Gordon and Brady 

A bit hard to say without knowing who you have on your team.........

In saying that the Bills have given up an average of 180 yards a game in their last 20 games. The chances that anyone on the Pats was going to have a big game this week was very small. 

 

 

 

 

so yah

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want an idea of how good the Bills defense played White led the team with 9 receptions for 57 yards. Dorsett had 9 targets for 10 yards and Edelman 7 targets for 40 yards. Did I mention Sony only had 63 yards rushing?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...