Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm firing him up everywhere.

😂🤣😂🤣😂     

Mods coming into this thread:  

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

And the excuse the first 4 games?

I honestly don't care about the first 4 games, I'm solely talking about those people who are up in arms after last night's injury induced dud, raging that they should've benched him and whatnot when (obviously) nobody knew he was going to miss most of the game.

• Like 1

As a Gordon truther since “the” season, don’t worry boys I got us on this one. He will be dropped Tuesday. Done w the headache. Hopefully a contender scoops and plays him against me.

Can only help the rest of you.

Edited by itschief33
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, itschief33 said:

As a Gordon truther since “the” season, don’t worry boys I got us on this one. He will be dropped Tuesday. Done w the headache. Hopefully a contender scoops and plays him against me.

Can only help the rest of you.

Same just dropped him. As of now he’s a wr4/5 with no upside. 

But bet I’ll be back. Plan on scooping him before the eagles game. Nobody in my league wants him. I couldn’t even throw him in any trades 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, MoonBlaster said:

I honestly don't care about the first 4 games, I'm solely talking about those people who are up in arms after last night's injury induced dud, raging that they should've benched him and whatnot when (obviously) nobody knew he was going to miss most of the game.

more than likely they're raging because A: he hasn't really lived up to expectations all season, regardless of how many targets he's gotten or whatever, and B: even before he was injured, even with like...15 other NE pass catchers injured, he still wasn't getting targets in this game. the rage it both about the in-game performance but also an accumulation of frustrations from his season-long performance. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Iron-cock said:

What's the best gamescript for a WR?

What's the worst gamescript for a WR?

Which one has Gordon had most of this season?

That’s true. Did anyone have this D pegged to be as good as it is?

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

That’s true. Did anyone have this D pegged to be as good as it is?

I thought they'd be good, (esp if paired with the Jets) for things like bestball.  Never thought they'd be this good for fantasy.  Lots of injuries to the teams they've been playing, which wasn't predictable.

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

He hasn't done well in either script. There are wrs that have overcome run heavy game scripts to put up points. He's not what he was supposed to be this year. The end.

• Like 2

Drive 1 - Gordon gets a catch. They spend the rest of the drive running the ball. Turnover on downs. 

Drive 2 - 3 and out

Drive 3 - 1 play. Interception 

Drive 4 - 6 plays. 24 yards. Drive didn’t last. 

Drive 5 - Get the ball after a pick and after one throw they’re at the 2. Now they just run it in.

Drive 6 - Gordon gets hurt as Brady fumbles.

But yes it was totally his fault he didn’t get anything until the injury. 100% his fault and he’s a bum.

• Like 2

The Patriots defense has faced:

Week 1 - Big Ben. A guy that they’ve owned since forever.

Week 2 - The worst team in recent memory

Week 3 - A bad backup QB

Week 4 - Josh Allen and a bad backup QB 

Week 5 - A bad backup QB

Week 6 - A rookie QB

5/6 teams they’ve beat have a combined win percentage of 13%. The other one is the Bills who rely on defense. This is the worst schedule to start the season in NFL history. 

Basically, the game script has been very anti Gordon. Also the Patriots are overrated but that’s a different matter.

• Like 2

Pats line is also complete cheeks so the deep routes barely have time to develop. McDaniels needs to get his head out of his a** and give Gordon more short routes. His 1st down conversion rate running slants is probably nuts, yet he rarely runs them. YAC monster yet barely used in space close to the line? Pats are a little too dead set in their offensive ways and this is coming from a lifelong Pats fan. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Pats line is also complete cheeks so the deep routes barely have time to develop. McDaniels needs to get his head out of his a** and give Gordon more short routes. His 1st down conversion rate running slants is probably nuts, yet he rarely runs them. YAC monster yet barely used in space close to the line? Pats are a little too dead set in their offensive ways and this is coming from a lifelong Pats fan. 

The problem is they haven’t needed to do anything other than milk clock. The sleep walk schedule may come to bite them. After the Jets though their schedule gets a bit tougher. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Drive 1 - Gordon gets a catch. They spend the rest of the drive running the ball. Turnover on downs. 

Drive 2 - 3 and out

Drive 3 - 1 play. Interception 

Drive 4 - 6 plays. 24 yards. Drive didn’t last. 

Drive 5 - Get the ball after a pick and after one throw they’re at the 2. Now they just run it in.

Drive 6 - Gordon gets hurt as Brady fumbles.

But yes it was totally his fault he didn’t get anything until the injury. 100% his fault and he’s a bum.

But he didn’t give me fantasy points! Drop drop drop!

yeah but most don’t play in free leagues 

4 hours ago, Gohawks said:

The Patriots defense has faced:

Week 1 - Big Ben. A guy that they’ve owned since forever.

Week 2 - The worst team in recent memory

Week 3 - A bad backup QB

Week 4 - Josh Allen and a bad backup QB 

Week 5 - A bad backup QB

Week 6 - A rookie QB

5/6 teams they’ve beat have a combined win percentage of 13%. The other one is the Bills who rely on defense. This is the worst schedule to start the season in NFL history. 

Basically, the game script has been very anti Gordon. Also the Patriots are overrated but that’s a different matter.

Yea besides Gordon thread.  The pats play the bengals, bills and dolphins in playoffs.  Pats D is a an legitimate league winner.   

sounds like more excuses as to why he's flopping in fantasy and on teh stat sheets (which is what this forum was about last i checked) which is cool. Keep him, start him, love him, blame everyone else and always start your josh gordon. Have fun 

Not sure why the intense pessimism here unless people were expecting 2013 Gordon.  I just got on this train personally, since Gordon can be acquired for basically bench filler at this point.

This is a guy that was pacing for 1,100 yards last year once he started getting full snaps.  So far this year in the 4 games where he didn't get hurt or have AB in the lineup he's averaging 7.5 targets and 65 yards.  He's not far off from performing at least where I expected this year, which was around that 1,100 pace.  At some point you figure the game scripts will get friendlier for throwing.  Plus he's basically playing himself into shape this year.  I just don't see how this guy isn't an ideal buy low since it seems as though his knee injury isn't serious.

• Like 1
On 10/12/2019 at 12:32 PM, Iron-cock said:

Agree.  

I won't be dropping Gordon anywhere unless there is an obvious good pickup that really can help me.

I think it's been poor game scripts against high school teams that the Patriots could probably beat with Tom Brady just running QB sneaks every play.  Yeah, Gordon has been disappointing.  But Stephon Diggs had been disappointing before yesterday too.  The Pats just haven't needed to be aggressive throwing down the field.

I do need to hear a little more information on that knee...Wondering what exactly the issue is and if it's something 10 days off will fix.

I'm sure he'll be getting dropped in some leagues though after last week.

3 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Agree.  

I won't be dropping Gordon anywhere unless there is an obvious good pickup that really can help me.

I think it's been poor game scripts against high school teams that the Patriots could probably beat with Tom Brady just running QB sneaks every play.  Yeah, Gordon has been disappointing.  But Stephon Diggs had been disappointing before yesterday too.  The Pats just haven't needed to be aggressive throwing down the field.

I do need to hear a little more information on that knee...Wondering what exactly the issue is and if it's something 10 days off will fix.

I'm sure he'll be getting dropped in some leagues though after last week.

I'm with you on this.  Hopefully he's okay and usable as a bye-week filler if he checks out this week as good-to-go.

Pats haven't had a need to throw the ball but it's coming over the 2nd half of the season when they start playing some real football teams.  

52 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

We should send a Grand Marnier care package to the Pats with Gordon's name on it.  Obviously he's not the same talent without his fuel.

That was just wrong to say, and you know it.  

But it's a splendid idea.  Do it.  

He'll likely have a 10 rec. 200+ yds and 1-2 TD performance while sitting on most of our benches.  Remember, just because the cheap mf'ers in your league won't give you anything in return for him does not mean those same mf'ers won't be afraid to spend a waiver claim on him.  A player with Gordon's talent with TB12 at the helm could go off at any time.  If the opportunity increases for whatever reason you're going to want to be in position to be able to reap the profits.  I had him in my starting lineup in both leagues I have him in this week and looks like I'll be going 1-1 with outside chance of winning both so feel pretty lucky for that.  

Just now, bigpoppy said:

He'll likely have a 10 rec. 200+ yds and 1-2 TD performance while sitting on most of our benches.  Remember, just because the cheap mf'ers in your league won't give you anything in return for him does not mean those same mf'ers won't be afraid to spend a waiver claim on him.  A player with Gordon's talent with TB12 at the helm could go off at any time.  If the opportunity increases for whatever reason you're going to want to be in position to be able to reap the profits.  I had him in my starting lineup in both leagues I have him in this week and looks like I'll be going 1-1 with outside chance of winning both so feel pretty lucky for that.  

It would be nice if the Patriots were ever in a legit game that required throwing the ball for all 4 quarters and not have the defense score tds to blow the game wide open.