Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm firing him up everywhere.

😂🤣😂🤣😂     

Mods coming into this thread:  

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

Pats just signed Sanu.  I think I’m cutting bait with him if i find a decent option on the waiver this week

Agreed. I wanted to come here to see what others thought with the Sanu signing, but the fact they gave up a second round pick for Sanu makes me believe they want to use him. Gordon wasn't doing much before the injury either and I think this is the final nail in the coffin for his fantasy value.

Pats don't seem to give a s--- about Gordon. They've been looking to add talent at WR this entire time. They obviously don't value him like fantasy owners do. They kicked tires with DT, got Antonio and now trade a second round pick for Sanu.

Definitely doesn't sound like a team excited about what Gordon brings to the team.

• Like 1

It would appear that the Pats coaching staff, having spent over a year with Flash in the real world watching him play real football, have come to the conclusion that he's not the fantasy league-winner he was in 2013.

This isn't all that surprising after the Pats have been connected to every high-profile WR free agent or trade candidate for months (and, um, after they used a first-round pick on N'Keal Harry), but the fact that they gave up a second-round pick for Sanu really says everything about how unhappy they are with Gordon.

I'm just glad we don't have to think about starting him again.

1 hour ago, nonstopfan said:

Pats don't seem to give a s--- about Gordon. They've been looking to add talent at WR this entire time. They obviously don't value him like fantasy owners do. They kicked tires with DT, got Antonio and now trade a second round pick for Sanu.

Definitely doesn't sound like a team excited about what Gordon brings to the team.

What an odd opinion to have that's literally based on nonsense.

The Patriots have CLEARLY valued Gordon by tendering him, supporting him through rehab, etc. To say "they don't give a s***" about Gordon" is about as incorrect as you can get.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

It would appear that the Pats coaching staff, having spent over a year with Flash in the real world watching him play real football, have come to the conclusion that he's not the fantasy league-winner he was in 2013.

This isn't all that surprising after the Pats have been connected to every high-profile WR free agent or trade candidate for months (and, um, after they used a first-round pick on N'Keal Harry), but the fact that they gave up a second-round pick for Sanu really says everything about how unhappy they are with Gordon.

I'm just glad we don't have to think about starting him again.

NO ONE, except people who are delusional expected Gordon from 2013. Ya know, since that was over 5 years ago and all...

So NO, the coaching staff didn't just now realize they weren't getting the Gordon from 2013. Yet another odd take in this thread that doesn't make sense.

8 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

What an odd opinion to have that's literally based on nonsense.

The Patriots have CLEARLY valued Gordon by tendering him, supporting him through rehab, etc. To say "they don't give a s***" about Gordon" is about as incorrect as you can get.

A common thing here is that people seem to think that coaching staffs are playing to score fantasy points and not win real-life football games. Adding WR depth is certainly not a endorsement to the idea that the Patriots don't value Gordon and are kicking him to the curb, it's them trying to assemble a stronger WR core with a guy that would seemingly fit the offense very well... a tactic teams often employ in an effort to win games in the National Football League.

I will say though that Gordon's fantasy value does look bleak at the moment given his health, there is still a chance that they could even send him to IR to make room for all the WRs they currently have depending on what the actual injury he's dealing with might be. From a talent standpoint it would make no sense for them to move off of Gordon however

• Like 2
1 minute ago, MoonBlaster said:

A common thing here is that people seem to think that coaching staffs are playing to score fantasy points and not win real-life football games. Adding WR depth is certainly not a endorsement to the idea that the Patriots don't value Gordon and are kicking him to the curb, it's them trying to assemble a stronger WR core with a guy that would seemingly fit the offense very well... a tactic teams often employ in an effort to win games in the National Football League.

I will say though that Gordon's fantasy value does look bleak at the moment given his health, there is still a chance that they could even send him to IR to make room for all the WRs they currently have depending on what the actual injury he's dealing with might be. From a talent standpoint it would make no sense for them to move off of Gordon however

Finally, a well thought out take...

Yes, Belichick doesn't care about our fantasy teams. Them acquiring Sanu doesn't at all say they "don't give a s*** about Gordon". All it means is that they are trying to improve their football team and saw an opportunity to do so. It quite possibly does diminish Gordon's fantasy value but again, Belichick doesn't care about that. Just about winning real football games.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GreenMountainPhan said:

When I heard the Sanu news, my immediate reaction was that Gordon is in trouble again.

My immediate thought is.....he is hurting more than originally anticipated OR Patriots just upset they ONLY won 33-0 yesterday and should have done better.

Edited by TheJuggernautBTCH
typo
  • Haha 2
23 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

NO ONE, except people who are delusional expected Gordon from 2013. Ya know, since that was over 5 years ago and all...

So NO, the coaching staff didn't just now realize they weren't getting the Gordon from 2013. Yet another odd take in this thread that doesn't make sense.

That was a joke. Everyone could see last season that he wasn't the same player from 2013. But there's a continuum between WR1 overall upside and WR2/3 upside, with Gordon having more time in the system and the Gronk retirement. Clearly the pick didn't pan out, but he didn't need to regain his 2013 form to return value on his fifth-round price.

I thought last night's game was instructive. Without Gordon in the lineup, the Pats won 33-0 and yet not a single WR put up a week-winning fantasy line. So we can set aside the debate over just how many steps Flash has lost due to all the missed time -- at the end of the day, this is a too-many-mouths offense that just added one more mouth.

Good for the real-life Pats' depth. Bad for our ability to determine which specific players will put up fantasy points in the league's best team (which is what we're doing here, not saying "[Coach X] doesn't care about your fantasy team" during fantasy conversations).

15 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

Finally, a well thought out take...

Yes, Belichick doesn't care about our fantasy teams. Them acquiring Sanu doesn't at all say they "don't give a s*** about Gordon". All it means is that they are trying to improve their football team and saw an opportunity to do so. It quite possibly does diminish Gordon's fantasy value but again, Belichick doesn't care about that. Just about winning real football games.

There's also something to be said about the fact that the Patriots are currently one unfortunate play away from having Dorsett, Meyers and Olszewski as their starting WRs prior to Sanu hopping aboard as well, it's not like they have the deepest WR core in the league. Again, it's the Patriots so there are quite a few possible outcomes as far as what they'll do depth chart wise to make room for Sanu but them going away from Gordon doesn't seem incredibly likely if he's able to return healthy in the relevant future.

But fantasy wise it's shaping up to look like Edelman is going to be the only bankable WR week-to-week, I doubt Sanu is going to come in and garner a large target share.  

Edited by MoonBlaster
  • Like 1

Not understanding the logic here. A career #3  WR on actual NFL teams is going to kill Gordon’s snap count? Is Sanu going to command the double coverage Gordon routinely sees on deep routes? Pats traded for him because they need more WR that can get open quickly off the snap, because their line is currently garbage.

• Like 3

Yeah, not sure what to make of the Sanu signing.  Gordon hurt more than they are letting on?  Gordon in trouble again?  Or they realize what we all have, that Gordon just isn't as explosive nor does he command the ball like his 2013 self?  Dorsett looks better and makes more splash plays.

4 minutes ago, CooL said:

Yeah, not sure what to make of the Sanu signing.  Gordon hurt more than they are letting on?  Gordon in trouble again?  Or they realize what we all have, that Gordon just isn't as explosive nor does he command the ball like his 2013 self?  Dorsett looks better and makes more splash plays.

IMHO more of a tacit admission that TB12 is trending further away from the longball with his average attempted air yards being 7.7 (15th ranked QB).  His OL isn't as good as prior years making it harder to  provide the time to allow long plays to develop, thus having the value of having a volatile field stretcher like Josh Gordon is reduced.  Especially when that volatile field stretcher is a real life distraction that's battling substance abuse and such.  Sanu fits more with where TB12's current sweet spot is.  Plus Sanu has got a helluva arm so both him and Edelman are viable options for throwing TD passes themselves. 

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/watch-mohamed-sanu-throws-further-than-28-starting-qbs-including-matt-ryan

52 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Not understanding the logic here. A career #3  WR on actual NFL teams is going to kill Gordon’s snap count? Is Sanu going to command the double coverage Gordon routinely sees on deep routes? Pats traded for him because they need more WR that can get open quickly off the snap, because their line is currently garbage.

Sanu has been a career #2.

• Like 1

I'll probably be dropping too.

Frankly, I just don' want anything to do with any Patriots WR's outside of JE.

This is going to be a mess if you ask me...Basically, take the Chiefs RB situation and move it to Patriots WR's.

We've got Dorsett, Sanu, Gordon, Meyers and maybe Harry back into the mix.  

Gordon may not even be able to stay active in the coming weeks.  And even if he is, it isn't like he's seeing much usage anyways.

I have Gordon and Dorsett and I'm casting them both off. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, sSektor said:

The way I see it, they traded a second round pick for him. For some reason. Sanu isn't a world breaker but thats a hefty price for someone a lot of us would probably say the Patriots do not need. But apparently the Pats think they need WR help. And Edelman is doing just fine. Connecting the dots here I feel like this is a bad omen for JG.

3 hours ago, cnewbykkn said:

I bailed and dropped. Just can't see myself staring him over my other options if/when he returns. 

This is where I stand as well. Ideally I want to keep JG, he was an investment and I don't think hes for sure without value ROS. my team, solely for example, has a WR position of Diggs, Samuel, Desean Jackson, Marvin Jones, and Gordon. I don't see me playing Gordon over those four anytime soon, and I think I can add Kenny Stills this week pretty easily. And none of those guys are electric beyond fringe WR2 status some weeks. 

Edited by CitizenJ

Gordon's now last man on my bench. if something of value pops up on waivers he will be the first to go. I own him on a very WR needy team and I still can't see any situation where I'd be comfortable starting him. his floor is basically 0 and his ceiling doesn't seem impressive either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1