Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

 

Honestly this is a good move, as I did the same in one of my leagues. 

Also keep in mind this week marks the half-way point in the FF season. How much longer can you possibly wait for something to happen?

 

Flash Gordon isn't about the fantasy points, it's about the journey.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

 

Honestly this is a good move, as I did the same in one of my leagues. 

Also keep in mind this week marks the half-way point in the FF season. How much longer can you possibly wait for something to happen?

 

I mean, people have been waiting 6 years for his 2013 production. Looking to be the ultimate 1 year "flash" in the pan type performance.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

 

Flash Gordon isn't about the fantasy points, it's about the journey.

 

DirtyAggressiveGlassfrog-size_restricted

 

The journey to the looney bin.

But anyway, I am sure there's more to the story than what NE/BB are leading on. If I had to guess it's probably something violating his contract or he's on the weed again, most likely both.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Atariboy78 said:

For whatever reason, I'm not convinced he can pass a physical... hence the lack of an attempt to trade him.  I wanted Gordon to be the player we once saw several years ago, but that player is long gone.

we can trust rap sheet rapoport, and when he says the injury is not serious, i believe it.

 

5 hours ago, Evincar said:
7 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

What about being traded to SF? They could use him. 

No way he gets traded to a playoff team.

if the patriots had planned on trading him, they wouldn't have put him on IR---they would have dumped him cheaply and made room for sanu. gordon will go to waivers assuming he gains med clearance.

 

7 hours ago, HOF12 said:

He’s going to the bills. Josh allen big arm yup 

book it. 

 

13 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Would look pretty good in the green and gold up in GB.

 

as far as i understand it, josh gordon is running 22 mph on the treadmill. while this isn’t the 60mph flash fans expect, it’s an indicator that his injury should not be a factor and he should gain medical clearance.  question is, will he gain this medical clearance before 4pm tuesday? if he does gain clearance, he’s released to waivers and all nfl teams get a crack via a system comparable to many fantasy waivers: reverse order of standings. this means the packers, bills, 49ers, etc. will most likely not get a shot.

 

if it doesn’t happen tuesday, it could still happen later this season. if your league has an IR spot, he’s an easy hold. but really, if/when gordon does get picked up, how effective will he be? i suppose it depends on where…  so we’re looking at dolphins, bengals, washington, falcons, jets. noteworthy: the steelers (2-4) and the chargers (2-5) are viable candidates (though both should have 3 wins by tuesday).

 

although we’ve heard the contrary, i wouldn’t be surprised to see the bengals trade aj green and claim gordon off the waivers. seems like an economical move.

FLASH.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So sources say he’ll be ready in 1-2 weeks, at which time his agent expects him to be waived. So let’s say he joins a new team week 10. Seems like he had trouble learning the playbook when he joined the Pats, although I suspect theirs is pretty intricate and involved. When would you feel comfortable starting him? Week 12? This guy has shown nothing over the last two seasons with the GOAT. Why would it be any different elsewhere? Somebody is going to say that the Pats o-line doesn’t give Brady enough protection to allow the deep route to develop. Hogwash. If you’ve got talent, you’re going to command the ball. This guy no longer commands the ball.

I’ve been a long time believer but I just can’t anymore. Going to let him be somebody else’s headache. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well as I said earlier, right now he is on my bench. I could drop him and pick up some non-appealing option from the FA pool like Cameron Brate, who will also never leave my bench, so why not wait and see what happens? If you are in a shallow league with clueless owners, then by all means get someone better, but most of us are in competitive 12 team leagues with absolutely no one available with more upside. I suppose I could pick a random handcuff for another owner's RB, but that's all speculation as well and doesn't add immediate value. To me it's six of one, half a dozen of another.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, altmin said:

Well as I said earlier, right now he is on my bench. I could drop him and pick up some non-appealing option from the FA pool like Cameron Brate, who will also never leave my bench, so why not wait and see what happens? If you are in a shallow league with clueless owners, then by all means get someone better, but most of us are in competitive 12 team leagues with absolutely no one available with more upside. I suppose I could pick a random handcuff for another owner's RB, but that's all speculation as well and doesn't add immediate value. To me it's six of one, half a dozen of another.

 

I am dropping for a high upside handcuff as you mention. Bonnafon, Gallman, and Pollard would be top 3 options. If the bell is goes down, these guys will take al your FAAB. I don’t see any time where I would feel comfortable again starting Gordon. I didn’t feel comfortable starting him while he was with the Pats. How can you feel good about him on Chargers, Raiders, etc.?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, sSektor said:

 

Uh what?

Did you miss the week when Gallman put up RB1 numbers the first week Saquon was out? I hope Saquon is healthy but it looked like he might have got dinged up in the third quarter last game. CMC has a heavy workload and they have nobody behind him other than Bonnafon. I'm assuming in most bigger leagues that Edmonds, Latavius, and Mattison are all owned. These guys are bench stashes, just like Gordon would be. We’ve already seen what Gordon can do for the last 17 games. I’m not interested anymore. He’s not going to win you a ship.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, CooL said:

Did you miss the week when Gallman put up RB1 numbers the first week Saquon was out? I hope Saquon is healthy but it looked like he might have got dinged up in the third quarter last game. CMC has a heavy workload and they have nobody behind him other than Bonnafon. I'm assuming in most bigger leagues that Edmonds, Latavius, and Mattison are all owned. These guys are bench stashes, just like Gordon would be. We’ve already seen what Gordon can do for the last 17 games. I’m not interested anymore. He’s not going to win you a ship.  

 

All I'm saying is those guys are far from high upside. Gallman had one good game against a completely garbage Washington and Bonnafon isn't going to get near the usage CMC gets. I wouldn't be shocked if Carolina goes back to a committee if CMC gets hurt. Pollard is definitely high upside. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

 

All I'm saying is those guys are far from high upside. Gallman had one good game against a completely garbage Washington and Bonnafon isn't going to get near the usage CMC gets. I wouldn't be shocked if Carolina goes back to a committee if CMC gets hurt. Pollard is definitely high upside. 

That's true however he did get bellcow touches. So I wouldn't write him off just because he faced a bad team. Josh Gordon just isn't the player he used to be and fantasy players need to get over the "potential" he once had. That's not coming back.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

That's true however he did get bellcow touches. So I wouldn't write him off just because he faced a bad team. Josh Gordon just isn't the player he used to be and fantasy players need to get over the "potential" he once had. That's not coming back.

Exactly. I mean, come on, they kept future HOFers like Matthew Slater and Gunner Olszewski ahead of Gordon. And before anyone says something like “Gunner returns punts”, let’s be real, I’m sure they could find some RB or DB to do the same. It’s a sad statement of what they see Gordon’s potential contribution to be. If JG can’t get it right with the GOAT, then how will he succeed with the likes Derek Carr or Mason Rudolph?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, CooL said:

Exactly. I mean, come on, they kept future HOFers like Matthew Slater and Gunner Olszewski ahead of Gordon. And before anyone says something like “Gunner returns punts”, let’s be real, I’m sure they could find some RB or DB to do the same. It’s a sad statement of what they see Gordon’s potential contribution to be. If JG can’t get it right with the GOAT, then how will he succeed with the likes Derek Carr or Mason Rudolph?

 

Belichick made it seem like the reason they cut him was because they had 10 WR (way too many) on the roster and good, cheap, longterm options in Meyers and Harry. Gunner obviously got a bonus because Belichick gets a hard-on for special teams contributors. The Pats scheme really hasn't been that conducive to success for WR like Gordon. I didn't think the Pats were a great fit when the Browns were shopping him last season but hoped McDaniels would at least try to get creative with him. Them trading a 2nd for Sanu is because they need WR that get open quickly off the snap, because their line is really, really bad right now. I'm personally hoping he ends up with Oakland or the 49ers. Gruden and Shanahan are really good at getting their playmakers open. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sack Exchange said:

we can trust rap sheet rapoport, and when he says the injury is not serious, i believe it.

 

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Davante Adams (toe) isn't believed to be dealing with a serious injury.

Specifically, Rapoport stated, "Adams had his MRI today on his toe injury, and sources say it’s not believed to be serious. The team will be careful with their star pass-catcher. But if he misses time, it may not be much." This doesn't help with setting up a timetable for Adams' return, but the good news is that he doesn't appear to be a candidate to miss a ton of time.

Sep 27, 2019, 4:37 PM ET
 
I wouldn't put too much faith in the cRap Sheet
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

 

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Davante Adams (toe) isn't believed to be dealing with a serious injury.

Specifically, Rapoport stated, "Adams had his MRI today on his toe injury, and sources say it’s not believed to be serious. The team will be careful with their star pass-catcher. But if he misses time, it may not be much." This doesn't help with setting up a timetable for Adams' return, but the good news is that he doesn't appear to be a candidate to miss a ton of time.

Sep 27, 2019, 4:37 PM ET
 
I wouldn't put too much faith in the cRap Sheet

 

To be fair 4 weeks isn't a ton of time compared to an IR trip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, sSektor said:

 

To be fair 4 weeks isn't a ton of time compared to an IR trip.

 

It's half and he's still not back yet....Four weeks is serious. Four weeks is almost a third of the fantasy season. He may miss more.

The argument was you can trust Rapoport. This is clear evidence you can't.

12 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Rapoport stated, "Adams had his MRI today on his toe injury, and sources say it’s not believed to be serious. The team will be careful with their star pass-catcher. But if he misses time, it may not be much."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...