NBC Sports Edge Forums

2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Agreed. And then pick up AB. Set that dumpster fire full ablaze.

BTW, I seriously doubt he'd go there. He doesn't want to waste his time on a loser like Miami.

He is not going to a team to catch bombs.  He is going in order to win.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm firing him up everywhere.

ūüėāūü§£ūüėāūü§£ūüėā¬† ¬† ¬†

Mods coming into this thread:  

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, aapox said:

This was mentioned before by another community member, and I agreed with it: when watching Josh play this year it just didn't seem like his heart was in the game. I don't know if it's true, but he didn't seem to have the same pep in his step or competitive hunger showing up in his play, route running and especially catching the football and taking contact. I hope the best for him but I probably won't be investing in fantasy.

If he was still 75% of the player he could be, and/or wasn't having issues come back up, I'm confident the Pats would not have dumped a very valuable draft pick for Sanu.

I did not watch every NE game, but to be fair, he did play injured throughout much of the season and suffered his most recent injury attempting a tackle after a turnover. Hard to argue his heart IMO. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kball09 said:

Rotoworld saying by Friday we will know. But even if he isn't claimed, he may clear and then get signed anyway. I'd wait until the games Sunday and then drop if you need to.

Given his contract it’s in a teams best interest to claim him instead of trying to negotiate a FA contract.  

Shefty reported that Josh wants to land in a ‚Äúsupportive‚ÄĚ environment.

51 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Given his contract it’s in a teams best interest to claim him instead of trying to negotiate a FA contract.  

Go to Nahlins.

Brees will get you a ring. 

1 hour ago, Iron-cock said:

Does that mean a good supporting cast around him or supportive as in mental health? If its the former he has to hope a lot of teams skip over him

1 hour ago, SyNdicateZ said:

DOLPHINS PLEASE CLAIM HIM. Fitz loves Joshy.

Might be ok for my shares of Gordon, but not so good for my shares of Preston Williams. 

2 hours ago, aapox said:

This was mentioned before by another community member, and I agreed with it: when watching Josh play this year it just didn't seem like his heart was in the game. I don't know if it's true, but he didn't seem to have the same pep in his step or competitive hunger showing up in his play, route running and especially catching the football and taking contact. I hope the best for him but I probably won't be investing in fantasy.

If he was still 75% of the player he could be, and/or wasn't having issues come back up, I'm confident the Pats would not have dumped a very valuable draft pick for Sanu.

This is simply bad analysis on your part.  'his heart" wasnt in it, pep in his step'? 

I highly doubt that was part of Hoodie and MdDaniels critical thinking process as they¬† manage a roster for another SB run.¬†ūüėā

I think it has more to do with economics, scheme and fit  which has always been the way NE has managed their roster. 

NE has been struggling to rebuild their passing game once it was known Gronk  was retiring. 

They have signed and released  about 14 wrs  and 8 Te's non-stop since last season. 

Signing Sanu fits with whatever the scheme Hoodie thinks he needs to win a SB

Players not named Tom Brady are replaceable parts in the NE offense, which has always been the case in the Brady era

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, JDE said:

Of the two teams listed with the best current odds on landing him - the Eagles and Seahawks - I've heard a couple people mention the Eagles, but haven't noticed any mention of the Seahawks. Personally, I think those might be the best two spots Gordon could land. 

With Pilly you have a contending team with a lack of receiving talent, and a quarterback in Carson Wentz who loves to throw the deep ball.  And with D-Jax missing virtually the entire season up to this point and no other burners on the the roster to speak of, difficult schedule to date not withstanding, I don't think it's a coincidence Wentz has been as nondescript of a QB as he has up 'til now. And with D-Jax being wholly unreliable with, not only when he's gonna finally suit up again, but also just how effective he can actually be with a slow to heal, nagging abdominal injury, that by all accounts will be lingering the entirety of the season, on top of already sporting a much higher than average proclivity towards re-injury - whether it be reaggravation to the current one or an entirely new one that pops up altogether - PLUS his being something other than a youthful age....I can see the Eagles not only potentially snatching J. Gordon up, but also actually utilizing him with Wentz peppering him with deep targets in short order

And as for the Seahawks, that's another potential suitor where, not only can I conceivably imagine it taking shape, but one that I believe would also sport realistic potential to actually bear fruit. Seattle, as always, is right in the thick of things in the NFC; and they, too, ain't exactly swimming in wide receiver depth. Their head coach also happens to be as about as rah-rah, touchy-feely, talent-coddley, supportive types as it gets (at least theoretically, a good match for a guy with Gordon's baggage). But above all, similarly to the Eagles, Seattle possesses a QB who is not only is a big fan of the forward pass of the long ball variety, but also the one who arguably does it better than anyone else on the planet. If Seattle is where Josh Gordon indeed lands, I'm pretty confident he will at least be afforded the opportunities to make an impact with Seahawks that he wasn't in New England...y'know, with his targets from Wilson actually being of the catchable variety and such, unlike old man Brady.

Long story short...

Eagles

landing spot plausibility:  strong to quite strong

chance of impact in 2019 if landed:  better than most 

Seahawks

Of course more likely than anything -- No one scoops up Gordon, he's played his last down in the NFL, and he's last seen fizzling out of the XFL by the end of 2020

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

Seahawks

The Seahawks are barely throwing to their current stud WR because their offense is downright primitive. They are definitely not a good landing spot.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

Of the two teams listed with the best current odds on landing him - the Eagles and Seahawks - I've heard a couple people mention the Eagles, but haven't noticed any mention of the Seahawks. Personally, I think those might be the best two spots Gordon could land. 

With Pilly you have a contending team with a lack of receiving talent, and a quarterback in Carson Wentz who loves to throw the deep ball.  And with D-Jax missing virtually the entire season up to this point and no other burners on the the roster to speak of, difficult schedule to date not withstanding, I don't think it's a coincidence Wentz has been as nondescript of a QB as he has up 'til now. And with D-Jax being wholly unreliable with, not only when he's gonna finally suit up again, but also just how effective he can actually be with a slow to heal, nagging abdominal injury, that by all accounts will be lingering the entirety of the season, on top of already sporting a much higher than average proclivity towards re-injury - whether it be reaggravation to the current one or an entirely new one that pops up altogether - PLUS his being something other than a youthful age....I can see the Eagles not only potentially snatching J. Gordon up, but also actually utilizing him with Wentz peppering him with deep targets in short order

And as for the Seahawks, that's another potential suitor where, not only can I conceivably imagine it taking shape, but one that I believe would also sport realistic potential to actually bear fruit. Seattle, as always, is right in the thick of things in the NFC; and they, too, ain't exactly swimming in wide receiver depth. Their head coach also happens to be as about as rah-rah, touchy-feely, talent-coddley, supportive types as it gets (at least theoretically, a good match for a guy with Gordon's baggage). But above all, similarly to the Eagles, Seattle possesses a QB who is not only is a big fan of the forward pass of the long ball variety, but also the one who arguably does it better than anyone else on the planet. If Seattle is where Josh Gordon indeed lands, I'm pretty confident he will at least be afforded the opportunities to make an impact with Seahawks that he wasn't in New England...y'know, with his targets from Wilson actually being of the catchable variety and such, unlike old man Brady.

Long story short...

Eagles

Seahawks

Of course more likely than anything -- No one scoops up Gordon, he's played his last down in the NFL, and he's last seen fizzling out of the XFL by the end of 2020

Good post.

I'll mention, though, that those odds are for who he signs next contract with - not sure if assuming his current contract counts, which is what any team picking him up off waivers would be doing.

I just picked him up in a league, and I'd love either of those spots for him, but I'm worried someone else will snag him first.

As far as Eagles vs Seahawks, Philly has preceding dibs due to having a worse record.

Oakland might be an option, as their WR corps is decimated.  Hopefully Washington doesn't do something stupid.  Cardinals maybe.  Giants maybe.  Steelers?

Lots of teams hurting at wideout could use him.  Don't know that he'll last to a good situation. 

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, JDE said:

Just made the pick up. Doesn’t seem like he was dropped in many deep leagues, I was only able to scoop him in 1 out of my 5 leagues.

Not expecting a whole lot, it was mostly a move to block my competitors just in case something does happen.

Never thought I’d be a Josh Gordon owner again, but here we are.

You haven't owned Gordon lately, have you?  Because the smart money move at this stage of his career and with recent returns is to let your opponents pick him up and then deal with him as a roster clog and the headache of whether or not to start him.

3 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Does that mean a good supporting cast around him or supportive as in mental health? If its the former he has to hope a lot of teams skip over him

I interpret it to mean that he wants a good supportive environment for his mental health.  You usually don't see players saying they want to go to a team with a good "supporting cast", they basically say they want to go somewhere where they can win.

3 hours ago, sSektor said:

Miami is a relapse waiting to happen. The place was built on coke.

Yes, agree!  Hardbodies in bikinis, sex, drugs, and alcohol.  I think that would be a terrible place for him to end up, although wasn't he training in Florida somewhere when he was in hiding?

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

The Seahawks are barely throwing to their current stud WR because their offense is downright primitive. They are definitely not a good landing spot.

That’s a good point. And true. True too.

However, of all NFL teams I can imagine picking up Gordon only to sit on him, nary even an attempt to utilize him, Seattle would not be amongst one of those teams. And all that would be required from there in order for Josh Gordon to wind up, at some point, playable this season, would be for Gordon to prove good and capable out there on the gridiron. With that last part being all but assured because of how great he is today, in 2013. Now, if it were, say, 6 years from now, which would put us at 2019 I think...it’s that last part; that last part, I imagine; that would be the hardest.

4 hours ago, dashoe said:

I think it has more to do with economics, scheme and fit  which has always been the way NE has managed their roster. 

Wow, strong take bro. They manage their team like every other competent team in the NFL does? Shocking. If you followed Josh’s career you’d know that he doesn’t play with the same fire that he used to. Thanks for the poopoo though.