NBC Sports Edge Forums

1 minute ago, DoYourJob said:

Too accurate. Every time you turn on the radio to a sports station, this is what you hear.

When they aren't talking about each other like teenage girls lol Minihan vs Felger was at the peak of obnoxious 

• Haha 1
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm firing him up everywhere.

😂🤣😂🤣😂     

Mods coming into this thread:  

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

"We released him because he was healthy."

What does that mean? Like, they just didn't want him and didn't want him to just sit on the bench? Am I reading too much into it?

IIRC: A team can't release an injured player until he's cleared to practice/play.  If they want to do that, it involves an injury settlement.

11 minutes ago, bakes781 said:

I believe they out him on IR so that by the time he was able to be taken off IR it was past the trade deadline and therefore he would have to go through waivers. In other words; keep him from going to the Chiefs, Bills or Texans

That would make sense too.

Wait, they're not afraid of him going to the Jets?  LOL.

If they had any intention of playing him again, it would have been smart to stash him on IR and activate him in case any of the other WRs got injured, and otherwise cut him in the off-season.

They cut him as soon as he was healthy because they could both avoid an injury settlement, and ensure he would go through waivers after the trade deadline.

This suggests they think he has enough in the tank to help another contender who might get in their way later on, which is why they took pains to make sure he winds up on a bad team like the Dolphins.

There was some personality clash, relapse, or other underlying issue here.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

I really hate this take. Gordon is a deep threat receiver. Brady cannot throw deep anymore. All he does is shallow outs and throws to his back with the occasional 20 yard throw. 

I'm not saying Gordon is still an all world talent, but his skill set does not fit Brady's arm at all. 

Talk about "takes" that I hate. 

Brady can throw deep. He like anyone else needs time to throw deep. They lost their center and LT. 

I love Gordon but if he can't get open in under 2 seconds than he isn't going to serve a purpose on this team.

Maybe it at least still speaks for his talent that the Pats feared him joining a contender. 

He certainly has not flashed much this season but more targets and a better deep-ball thrower could certainly change things up if he still has any of his 2013 talent left. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, bakes781 said:

Talk about "takes" that I hate. 

Brady can throw deep. He like anyone else needs time to throw deep. They lost their center and LT. 

I love Gordon but if he can't get open in under 2 seconds than he isn't going to serve a purpose on this team.

Most elite QBs can function with a bad line. If he wants to be held to a certain standard I expect him to make the throws other QBs make in the same class.

Brady is the GOAT but he’s a fringe top 10 QB at this point.

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Most elite QBs can function with a bad line. If he wants to be held to a certain standard I expect him to make the throws other QBs make in the same class.

Brady is the GOAT but he’s a fringe top 10 QB at this point.

Brady today is certainly not the Brady of old, but he's definitely still "functioning".  He's a 40+ year old immobile QB; the way to win with what he's got is getting the ball out of his hands quickly.  He doesn't need to throw deep balls when he can dink and dunk to 7-0.  Will be interesting to see if this will still hold now that they're getting to the hard part of their schedule.

25 minutes ago, Illusion_J said:

Brady today is certainly not the Brady of old, but he's definitely still "functioning".  He's a 40+ year old immobile QB; the way to win with what he's got is getting the ball out of his hands quickly.  He doesn't need to throw deep balls when he can dink and dunk to 7-0.  Will be interesting to see if this will still hold now that they're getting to the hard part of their schedule.

Will be interesting to see if that dink and dunk is as successful without JG taking the top off of the defense. Bray's numbers certainly suggest he was a better QB with Gordon on the field. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, kdpat15 said:

they will likely pass too I would assume

Judging by their conduct around the trade deadline the absolute moronic baffoons still seem to think they're relevant. I wouldn't count on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Come on falcons!

Let's see flash and Ridley outside with Julio in the slot

I doubt he goes to a team that's not a contender. It's just not worth it for them to pick him up. However, that would be an insane WR core. 

3 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Putting the house on Raiders. Gruden will get him involved and they just made a trade for Zay freaking Jones as WR help lol

That's also a great fit for him. Would make him fantasy relevant this year IMO.

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

Putting the house on Raiders. Gruden will get him involved and they just made a trade for Zay freaking Jones as WR help lol

Hope your right. Carr's deep ball accuracy, the strong blocking of the O-line, and competent run game would benefit Gordon's game immensely, IMHO. Plus Carr hitting those big-body slants would be pretty.

2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Waller would lowkey be a great support system for him too. Both addicts trying to turn their life back around.

Yeah really good point. We will find out soon enough, but it seems like most of the really bad teams are passing. Raiders would offer a great fit, as we've discussed...potentially the best fit of all. He wouldn't hurt anyone's value, esp Waller...could slide into an outside role opposite an often injured TyWilliams.