NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jack Flaherty 2019 Outlook

Motown_Magic

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2019 season will be locked on 2019-11-28. Please finish any 2019 discussions here, and take any 2020 outlook discussions to the 2020 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

25 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Not targeting you at all, so don’t be offended.  Just crazy how fast things can change though.  At end of July this guy was viewed as a mega bust now he’s likely finishing top 3 in NL Cy Young and will be a top 10 drafted SP next year.  Just goes to show it’s never too late to salvage a season if you have high end talent.

what round we thinking.  3 or 4?  no way 5...right?

34 minutes ago, Trexpenniebaker said:

So the Cards are really going to NOT PITCH Flaherty Sunday if they have not clinched the Division yet? Put their whole hopes on Adam Wainright? OK

They can change this last minute.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

what round we thinking.  3 or 4?  no way 5...right?

3-4.  He is a bonafied ace that I think everyone has noticed.   Add to the fact a lot of people expected this type of performance coming into the season.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Trexpenniebaker said:

So the Cards are really going to NOT PITCH Flaherty Sunday if they have not clinched the Division yet? Put their whole hopes on Adam Wainright? OK

Waino at home has been elite, at worst JF throws the WC game 

Edited by zstlj
Ee

7 hours ago, zstlj said:

Waino at home has been elite, at worst JF throws the WC game 

why would you want to settle for the WC spot when if you win Sunday you win the division and avoid it.  IF Flaherty don't pitch sunday I hope Wainwright gets blasted and they lose and have to go to Washington for a 1 game elimination game

On 1/29/2019 at 4:22 PM, Motown_Magic said:

If there is a guy with the best chance to take his first leap into the top 12 SPs next year, this might be my pick. His advanced metrics under the hood all check out, he plays for one of the best franchises when it comes to grooming SPs, and he has an ADP around 70 right now in ESPN leagues. Averaged 10.8 K/9 last year, and should be able to push 180+ Innings & 200+Ks with relative ease. The video below does a great job summarizing his skillset and strengths, I encourage you to take a look.

https://razzball.com/the-baseball-show-jack-flaherty/

It's risky, but if you go hitter heavy and snag him as your SP1, you might not be all too disappointed. He's a target for me everywhere, and should be one of the bright young pitchers in the game for years to come. Thoughts on Flaherty? Too risky for an SP1? Nola was going right around 55-70 last year, and I'm seeing a lot of similarities here. Not saying he will jump to a top 5 SP, but I think top 10-15 is feasible. I see value here on draft day. 

Sometimes my predictions derail with the best of them, but I am proud of this thread-starting post, boys.

Finished SP4 in my QS league, 196IP, 231 Ks, right on par with my dart throws. Cheers to those of us that held strong after his April/May. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...