NBC Sports Edge Forums

Giancarlo Stanton 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2019 season will be locked on 2019-11-28. Please finish any 2019 discussions here, and take any 2020 outlook discussions to the 2020 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Stantons value takes a (tiny) hit with the addition of Edwin E. You have to think that Encarnacion will be the everyday DH while Stanton plays the outfield on most nights. Knowing this, you would also have to think that when the Yankees are winning games late in the game he would be taken out for the likes of Brett Gardner as a defensive replacement. This may cost him at least an at bat every night the yanks have a decent lead. Not a crushing blow to his value, but it could def get annoying for Stanton owners. 

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

158 and 159 games played the last two seasons.

Depends what year

Give Cespedes some time. He'll get there 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Stantons value takes a (tiny) hit with the addition of Edwin E. You have to think that Encarnacion will be the everyday DH while Stanton plays the outfield on most nights. Knowing this, you would also have to think that when the Yankees are winning games late in the game he would be taken out for the likes of Brett Gardner as a defensive replacement. This may cost him at least an at bat every night the yanks have a decent lead. Not a crushing blow to his value, but it could def get annoying for Stanton owners. 

is stanton really that bad in the outfield?

Kinda shocked to see him batting 5th since he's been a staple in the 3rd spot since he's but on the pinstripes. I also have Voit so it's looking like he's sticking at the top of the lineup even with the return of Judge. 

Box score was ugly. How did he look?
To me he seems to take some time to get going, so kinda considering sitting him against Snell.
2 for 10 career with 1 HR. Snell big reverse lefty/righty split.

On 6/18/2019 at 7:28 PM, Dirty Little Birdie said:

There's a chance in an uptick in off days and him being replaced for defense, but besides that his value should be pretty unchanged. It's difficult to predict that type of stuff anyway so I wouldn't factor it in his value ROS.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Too much working out. Too much muscle. Too tight. Not flexible. 

He looks like a walking DL stint even when hitting. Just doesn't look very flexible.

I mean, some of that may be true, but I don't know what it has to do with someone stepping on his hand today.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1