NBC Sports Edge Forums

Giancarlo Stanton 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2019 season will be locked on 2019-11-28. Please finish any 2019 discussions here, and take any 2020 outlook discussions to the 2020 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

158 and 159 games played the last two seasons.

Depends what year

Give Cespedes some time. He'll get there 

Posted Images

If you have a Grade II sprain, your discomfort should lessen within two weeks, but it may take as long as six to eight weeks before you can return to your usual athletic activities. People with Grade III shoulder sprains often return to work within four weeks.

So is a rehab assignment still in the immediate future? I got the notification of the “official diagnosis” after the notification about him doing work in Tampa. Did something new pop up?

6 hours ago, JettNS said:

So is a rehab assignment still in the immediate future? I got the notification of the “official diagnosis” after the notification about him doing work in Tampa. Did something new pop up?

We're looking at another couple weeks or so before he's back.  He's been diagnosed with a shoulder strain.  

6 hours ago, JettNS said:

As of now, there's nothing new that has happened. I think that "official" status update was just to give us plebeians some clarity. He's still doing live hitting and likely on track for a rehab assignment for a few days after that before they take him off the IL. 

• Like 1

Stanton must be a dingbat, why would he ever lift heavy weights. MLB players who lift heavy weights are stupid and the same for golfers. I get it for the NFL but MLB is such a long season and the joints and ligaments can’t stand up to it over time. How about some yoga Stanton!

15 hours ago, MathieuVirtuoso said:

Once he got the cortisone shot in his shoulder out of nowhere, I knew this would be more serious than they were letting on. Unfortunately a lost season for Stanton, but maybe this has lingered for a while? A healthy Stanton could be awesome in 2020

Lost season? Wut?

10 minutes ago, MathieuVirtuoso said:

We shall see how soon he returns. 

I'm glad the Yanks aren't rushing him.

• Like 1

For me its not a lost season I only play head2head. If I can get him back in the next month even healthy I'm good to go for the half way point of th eseason. If you're already out of it in your league due to not having Stanton you werent winning it anyways. 

• Like 2